Who Watched R.brown In College? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Watched R.brown In College?

i watched ronnie play against against lsu. i watched a lot of lsu games during the saban era and he was the only back that i ever feared. cadillac didn't scare me at all but when u handed it to ronnie he just seemed to kill lsu. saban's defense pretty much shut down every other back. i think saban statement that ronnie left half his players in the trainers room is pretty accurate. the play where he runs over half the team to get into the endzone had me cussing at the screen for an hour. if you seen the play u know what i'm talking about. it doesn't even seem humanely possible

I saw his entire career and never thought he was a 1st round pick, let alone premium. Obviously I hope I'm wrong.

A midsize back without great elusiveness and who wants to pretend he is a power guy just doesn't work for me. They used to ask Jack Nicklaus why he teed the ball so high. His response was classic. "I've learned that air offers less resistance than dirt." Likewise, air will offer less resistance than 240 pound linebackers.

I don't like Ronnie Brown's chances to be a successful power back. He needs more wiggle and although there were some signs of that late last season I am a firm believer in natural instincts not learned behavior. Cadillac was the one guy who could effortlessly dodge pro bowl caliber defenders and take it the distance without even realizing he had done something special.

TRUDOLFAN54 said:
WHAT'S UP EVERYBODY HEY I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYBODY ON THIS SITE WATCHED R.BROWN PLAY IN COLLEGE .I DIDN'T GET TO WATCH HIM AND IM JUST WONDERING ANYONE HAS ANY INPUT I HAVE SEEN SOME HIGHLIGHTS AND THAT'S PRETTY MUCH IT. :confused:

I've watched him. He's a very solid back with speed, great pass catching ability and power. But, whether he'll have the instincts to be a really great back, that's another issue.

I loved him at Auburn.

claytonAndDuper said:
how can you call someone whos 6ft1 230 a midsize back.?

If he's mid-size, I'd like to know what a FULL-SIZE halfback looks like?

And what does that make cadilac? a SMALL-SIZED BACK?

BlueFin said:

And what does that make cadilac? a SMALL-SIZED BACK?

I guess that makes Giants rookie RB Brandon Jacobs an SUV (6'4"/260)

PressCoverage said:
kinda harsh.... really, ask yourself, is it that big a deal? does this post constrict the bandwidth for the entire site?

or do you enjoy insulting people over the computer? :shakeno:

Is it that big of a deal? Maybe, considering the amount of hype Kay Jay a UDFA btw is getting from this site. I mean the guy has yet to make the team. He has more support on this forum then RB does.

I know the guy likes Kay Jay, I have seen him post about Kay Jay 50 times or more. Heck its even in his sig, does he really need to hijack a thread about Ronnie Brown? No.

If someone wants to know about Kay Jay, use the search function to find out all you need to know. Heck when they signed him as an UDFA it was all this board talked about. Yet he is not even on the final roster, he could make it, but the odds are against him.

Let Ronnie have his time also.

Did anyone see the play where RB caught a pass out in the flats for like a 4-7 yard gain, threw the first tackler on the ground with one arm, then broke about 5 more tackles? Was on NFL Network before the draft on Playbook as they were showing highlights of players.

BlueFin said:

I guess that Craig "Ironhead" Hayward would fit that mold. Then again maybe he was midsized too.

Gitrdone, that was against LSU this past year. The guy he threw off was a 6'2" 225 linebacker. He also broke tackles of Marcus Spears(Dallas first round pick) and Lionel Turner and 3 other players. Auburn had to punt after the next play failed to pick up a first down, but on the very next series, Ronnie took a handoff to the left side, cut to the middle about 10 yards downfield and delivered a monstrous stiff arm to Marcus Spears(6'4" 300lbs) knocking him off his feet. I'm sure those two plays were in Saban's mind when considering picks

ALfin said:
Gitrdone, that was against LSU this past year. The guy he threw off was a 6'2" 225 linebacker. He also broke tackles of Marcus Spears(Dallas first round pick) and Lionel Turner and 3 other players. Auburn had to punt after the next play failed to pick up a first down, but on the very next series, Ronnie took a handoff to the left side, cut to the middle about 10 yards downfield and delivered a monstrous stiff arm to Marcus Spears(6'4" 300lbs) knocking him off his feet. I'm sure those two plays were in Saban's mind when considering picks

Cool :) All I know is when I saw him toss that guy with one hand to the side, the only thing I could say was OMG! Tossed the guy like a 140lb nerd :)

i really just hope he isnt a bust, i dont care about anything else right now for the dolphins, excpet that aj is our starter.

All I know for sure is I have ALL THE CONFIDENCE IN THE WORLD IN SABAN. He had the chance to draft any of the running backs and he chose Ronnie. That's enough for me. It might turn out that he made the wrong choice, only time will tell. But my money's with Saban.

Back
Top Bottom