Who Watched R.brown In College? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Watched R.brown In College?

WestVirginiaFan said:
They can do the same for Ronnie Brown....

Very good, but they are in "this" Thread about Ronnie Brown also. I understand you like Kay Jay, but you don't gotta praise him in every thread. Does Kay Jay look good? Yes. Has he made the roster? No. Lets all sit back and notice after all that he is a UDFA. I wish him the best of luck.

It's a topic about Ronnie, let it be that.

I have seen you post several times in a bunch of threads, if people are like me they have already clicked on the link in your sig to watch the highlight of Kay Jay. Let Ronnie have some time on the forum also :)

WestVirginiaFan said:
No offense but this whole site is basically about Ronnie...

Yeah usually arguements over how he wasn't the starting RB over Caddy :sleep:

claytonAndDuper said:
how can you call someone whos 6ft1 230 a midsize back.?

Uh, what is the title of this thread? Who watched Ronnie Brown play in college, if I recall.

Anyone who watched him play understands he is a midsized back by NFL standards. When Greg Cote interviewed him after the draft he emphasized in his column how normal sized Ronnie looked, especially compared to Ricky Williams.

You guys can quote all the height and weight stats you want. If he bulked up before the combine that's irrelevant, or perhaps detrimental. Ronnie Brown is a fast, and very versatile, basically straightline midsized tailback.

Awsi Dooger said:
Uh, what is the title of this thread? Who watched Ronnie Brown play in college, if I recall.

Anyone who watched him play understands he is a midsized back by NFL standards. When Greg Cote interviewed him after the draft he emphasized in his column how normal sized Ronnie looked, especially compared to Ricky Williams.

You guys can quote all the height and weight stats you want. If he bulked up before the combine that's irrelevant, or perhaps detrimental. Ronnie Brown is a fast, and very versatile, basically straightline midsized tailback.

so size is not based on height and weight?

Ronnie Brown is as tough and strong a runner as has been in the draft the past couple of years. I saw every carry his 4 years at Auburn. I've never seen a running back at Auburn break as many tackles or run over as many defenders as Ronnie(save Bo Jackson). Last spring, a ton of Auburn fans noticed how big Ronnie's lower body was. He has absolutely huge thighs and posterior(as was discussed in previous threads) to break tackles with. He has incredible leg drive. He was the biggest of the big-time tailbacks coming into the draft this year. I'm not sure where people are getting this "mid-size" characterization of him from. He has incredible muscle mass and has just 6% body fat at 230 pounds. If you get a chance to see him up close, see if your opinion changes.

Calling Ronnie Brown "mid-sized" is like saying Ricky had a "little" drug problem. How many RB's in the NFL are over 6'1 and weigh 230. Then take that list and count the number of those guys that can run a 4.4 40. You may have a handfull. Ronnie Brown is the most complete RB to enter the NFL since Tomlinson, the guy is a big powerful downhill runner. He will only get better with better coaching and training. I will take a north and south runner over a guy that may do alot of east west running. As far as Benson he doesnt have the talent that Ricky had coming out of college, and he has alot more miles on his tires.

Back
Top Bottom