Who will cry if we loose JT to Green Bay? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will cry if we loose JT to Green Bay?

so you clicked on this thread knowing it would only give you a headache?

I thought it was more of a trade thread, not a bash/love JT thread. I find the JT/dolphin ethic threads annoying.. those are the ones that we should all be tired of. The JT trade [with green bay] scenarios are new and havent been beaten with a rubber dong to death

i would IF we dont get much for him. i really dont want anything less than a third AND a late pick/player. i would love a 2nd but im not sure if they will give that. maybe AJ Hawk straight up :) just kindin

i would IF we dont get much for him. i really dont want anything less than a third AND a late pick/player. i would love a 2nd but im not sure if they will give that. maybe AJ Hawk straight up :) just kindin

Does his wife come in the trade too!? Done deal...

If Taylor wants out fine trade him for whatever we can get. I do think after the way we treated Thomas it would be best.

I personally dont get all the hate for Taylor, he has done alot for this organization and has played his butt off for over a decade without bad mouthing the team or getting in trouble. I would take Taylor anyday over the overrated and idiotic Joey Porter. I truly have no clue what has happened this offseason but would believe anything that taylor has said over Parcells with thier history of honesty. PArcells has lied various times and quit on quite a few franchises but of course here its in Parcells we trust. Dont get me wrong Im glad we have Parcells here for a few years but I dont mistake him with an honest man.

Considering how much money Jason Taylor has gotten and all the press he's received I'd be careful not to lavish praise on him like he's given up so much. He's made it clear he's all about himself, not the team, which is fine.

In that sense, I understand. Id be in the same position, but I won't cry when he leaves. He wants out. I was genuinely sad that we lost Zach Thomas.

im sick of all this JT talk... now all it does is give me a headache
clear.gif
clear.gif

I thought it was more of a trade thread, not a bash/love JT thread. I find the JT/dolphin ethic threads annoying.. those are the ones that we should all be tired of. The JT trade [with green bay] scenarios are new and havent been beaten with a rubber dong to death
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif

people act like Jason Taylor is Ricky Williams, and they just want him shipped for a draft pick. I want to see him retire has a dolphin

Now lets be honest, has any second round pick in the last 10 years. Done anything close to what JT has done for this team?

I don't mind if that means were getting a minimum of a 2nd or multiple lower picks (3rd and 5th) but overwise I'd keep him here. We have a fairly weak skedule (sp?) and if we pulled out a 500 season it would be even more attractive for FA pick ups next offseason and maybe JT would want to stay another year.

people act like Jason Taylor is Ricky Williams, and they just want him shipped for a draft pick. I want to see him retire has a dolphin

Now lets be honest, has any second round pick in the last 10 years. Done anything close to what JT has done for this team?

Well in essence, Taylor is quitting on the team just like Ricky supposedly did. Ricky was big into the community too if I remember correctly.

What has other 2nd round picks done? If by done you mean continuously have Playoff collapses like say a 62-7 loss, or continually fade and lose games late in the season, or care more about Hollywood then you do about Football for the last 2 seasons here, or throw their rookie QB under the bus, or in the midst of wanting to be traded to a contender and EVERYONE and their mama knows you want out of Miami, you decided to let it known publically you only wanna play one more season thus killing any trade value.

then I dunno, let me go research other 2nd round picks.

Well in essence, Taylor is quitting on the team just like Ricky supposedly did. Ricky was big into the community too if I remember correctly.

What has other 2nd round picks done? If by done you mean continuously have Playoff collapses like say a 62-7 loss, or continually fade and lose games late in the season, or care more about Hollywood then you do about Football for the last 2 seasons here, or throw their rookie QB under the bus, or in the midst of wanting to be traded to a contender and EVERYONE and their mama knows you want out of Miami, you decided to let it known publically you only wanna play one more season thus killing any trade value.

then I dunno, let me go research other 2nd round picks.

He probably means the multiple Pro-Bowls, his teaching the younger players before this year, his stellar seasons including a DPOY that came two years ago, a pretty clean public record (a problem with players these days), countless hours of community service, and y'all will probably disagree but the heart and hard work that he put into this team. You don't become as great as he has without working hard. But you can forget the previous decade and judge him from the past year.

Look, I get that the team comes first and I understand people being upset with a player if they are being detrimental to a team at that time. But people who forget everything else and focus on a small time frame in a long tenured Dolphin career are ridiculous. From the players' perspective, why work so hard for the Dolphins and the fans when they are just going to stop appreciating what you've done the second you're no longer doing what the fans want?

Disappointment but no crying. He does not want to be with the Fins and the Fins don't want him. So, what needs to happen will happen. There just needs to be a civil parting of once good friends and like they say turn the page. A great player who did a lot of the organization and will be missed by this fan.

Back
Top Bottom