Who will cry if we loose JT to Green Bay? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will cry if we loose JT to Green Bay?

Well in essence, Taylor is quitting on the team just like Ricky supposedly did. Ricky was big into the community too if I remember correctly.

What has other 2nd round picks done? If by done you mean continuously have Playoff collapses like say a 62-7 loss, or continually fade and lose games late in the season, or care more about Hollywood then you do about Football for the last 2 seasons here, or throw their rookie QB under the bus, or in the midst of wanting to be traded to a contender and EVERYONE and their mama knows you want out of Miami, you decided to let it known publically you only wanna play one more season thus killing any trade value.

then I dunno, let me go research other 2nd round picks.

Hmm Taylor is quitting on the team just like Ricky williams lol you mean just like Bill Parcells has quit on his previous teams also.

Hmm Taylor is quitting on the team just like Ricky williams lol you mean just like Bill Parcells has quit on his previous teams also.

Ahhh, but you see, this isn't about Parcells is it =O) We are talking about Taylor

He probably means the multiple Pro-Bowls, his teaching the younger players before this year, his stellar seasons including a DPOY that came two years ago, a pretty clean public record (a problem with players these days), countless hours of community service, and y'all will probably disagree but the heart and hard work that he put into this team. You don't become as great as he has without working hard. But you can forget the previous decade and judge him from the past year.

Look, I get that the team comes first and I understand people being upset with a player if they are being detrimental to a team at that time. But people who forget everything else and focus on a small time frame in a long tenured Dolphin career are ridiculous. From the players' perspective, why work so hard for the Dolphins and the fans when they are just going to stop appreciating what you've done the second you're no longer doing what the fans want?

My acknowledgement of stats and acknowledgement of his team contribution are 2 different things. I have always said he deserves a ROH for his work here. Most likely will make the HOF, maybe not 1st ballot but I believe he will make it in.

I have not forgotten the last decade. 62-7 loss in the playoffs didn't happen last year. the 11 point lead with 7 mins left against NE with the playoffs on the line that our defense folded on didn't happen last year. The many late season collapses didn't happen last year.

Taylor has been a GREAT statistical player. I for one cannot argue what he has truly contributed to his teammates. They would know better then me. All I can state is my personal opinion and what I have observed.

I have had a negative outlook on Taylor for about 7 years now. The momemnt I came to the opinion that he really didn't care about the Phins as a whole or the organization was a preseason game against TB. Now, don't get me wrong, I acknowledge that while here he was a beast and gave it his all, but I also believe that he wouldn't have minded being anywhere else. I get the sense that if he could have he would have bolted from the Phins any chance he got. I always felt he was a money guy and a me first guy.

This preseason game against the Bucs he was asked a question about how he felt about their defense and how long he felt it would last. This is not verbatum which is why I am not gonna quote him. But he basically stated that defense is different then offense. You don't plan on being on the same team or defense for a long time. You go in there do your thing while there and move on a few years later. I believe this was the season before we got Ricky. Ever since he made those comments I have been noticing all the little things he has said and realized that he never really cared about the Phins at all. Once again, what I mean is that whether it was the Phins or Atlanta or whoever it didn't matter. For the longest time I felt like it didn't matter to him.

He never made this defense or team a championship caliber team like say Ray Lewis or Derrick Brooks. Both had arguably worse offenses, and worse TOP during the regular seasons, yet you never saw their defense colapse late in games or late in the regular season like our defense constantly did. Mandich even said this himself, that it wasn't the offense that disappointed him year after year, it was the defense. Now granted, the offense didn't really help out consistantly, however, that never stopped Tampa Bay or Baltimore from winning it all.

Now I will always say that Taylor is a great Lineman. He deserves a ROH. However, IMO, he never elevated this team or defense to Championship caliber. I seriously wonder what our record would have been last year if we lost Taylor and had Thomas the last 10 games.

My opinion of Taylor is not based on the last year. It's been about the last 7 years.

Once again, great statistical player. But IMO, I will never say he was a great TEAM PLAYER, or leader. Cause a true leader will never wait around for someone else on defense to step up like he did many times and Zack Thomas even admitted that both of them did that a few times on games where there defense collapsed

Ahhh, but you see, this isn't about Parcells is it =O) We are talking about Taylor

Im just saying everyone wants to dump on Taylor while the head of our organization is one of the biggest quitters in the league. I have yet to see Taylor quit to this point so we shall see. I just find it funny that Parcells is god here now and taylor is just a selfish player.

Im just saying everyone wants to dump on Taylor while the head of our organization is one of the biggest quitters in the league. I have yet to see Taylor quit to this point so we shall see. I just find it funny that Parcells is god here now and taylor is just a selfish player.

You do have a point, but at the same side, Parcells also left after making his teams SB winners or rebuilt teams and made them Playoff caliber teams.

Parcells doesn't run from rebuilding teams.

Besides, right now, Parcells is working hard to make this a championship team again, Taylor is not. So, IMO, people have a right to dump on taylor and not Parcells.

If Taylor had not come out and make some of the comments he has made and flat out lied to the fans I wouldn't necissarily bash him as much. But since he lied and said he would be back to the team AFTER DWTS, and then decided to go to Hollywood. I wouldn't complain. Had he come back after his brothers graduation and worked rather then not show up for 2 days after, I wouldn't complain.

This is just my opinion. I am a Miami Dolphin fan. I am not a Jason Taylor fan. So when I see stuff like this happening, I will always side with the guy who is doing what he can to help us win or get better (Parcells) then the guy who is just looking out for numero uno (Taylor)

I didn't have a problem with Taylor going on DWTS. It's the other stuff, and what he has said that irks me.

You do have a point, but at the same side, Parcells also left after making his teams SB winners or rebuilt teams and made them Playoff caliber teams.

Parcells doesn't run from rebuilding teams.

Besides, right now, Parcells is working hard to make this a championship team again, Taylor is not. So, IMO, people have a right to dump on taylor and not Parcells.

If Taylor had not come out and make some of the comments he has made and flat out lied to the fans I wouldn't necissarily bash him as much. But since he lied and said he would be back to the team AFTER DWTS, and then decided to go to Hollywood. I wouldn't complain. Had he come back after his brothers graduation and worked rather then not show up for 2 days after, I wouldn't complain.

This is just my opinion. I am a Miami Dolphin fan. I am not a Jason Taylor fan. So when I see stuff like this happening, I will always side with the guy who is doing what he can to help us win or get better (Parcells) then the guy who is just looking out for numero uno (Taylor)

I didn't have a problem with Taylor going on DWTS. It's the other stuff, and what he has said that irks me.

I refuse to dump on taylor at this point, he has went through more coaching changes than anyone should and had one of the best players recently cast aside for the new regime so maybe he does not want to be a pawn in the new regimes plans. As much as I love my phins I would definately want out if I was him too. I still havent seem him give up on us yet and in the last 12 years both he and Parcells have won the same amount of super bowls.

I refuse to dump on taylor at this point, he has went through more coaching changes than anyone should and had one of the best players recently cast aside for the new regime so maybe he does not want to be a pawn in the new regimes plans. As much as I love my phins I would definately want out if I was him too. I still havent seem him give up on us yet and in the last 12 years both he and Parcells have won the same amount of super bowls.

You see, I understand what you are saying. But once again, you are comparing Taylor to Parcells.

You are trying to compare a guy who is working day and night to make us better with a guy who is day and night worrying about himself and almost saying FU to this team.

So for me, there is no comparison.

If he wants to leave, fine leave. Go play somewhere else. But stop doing it the way he is doing it. Stop thinking you are above the organization and the Fans who really pay your salary.

Like I said, I am a fan of the Phins not a fan of certain players.

we are all counting on that head of the organization to save the franchise like he has done 4 times, not JT. If he doesnt want to be here, than F him

we are all counting on that head of the organization to save the franchise like he has done 4 times, not JT. If he doesnt want to be here, than F him

Believe Parcells who has built some good teams has far from saved 4 franchises. Its not like no other coach has ever guided Dallas to success.
He far from saved the Jets franchise with one playoff appearance but they were a better team. As for the Patriots I think I will go with Belechek as the savior of the franchise if you must name one.

Believe Parcells who has built some good teams has far from saved 4 franchises. Its not like no other coach has ever guided Dallas to success.
He far from saved the Jets franchise with one playoff appearance but they were a better team. As for the Patriots I think I will go with Belechek as the savior of the franchise if you must name one.

See this is why I am saying you can't compare Taylor to Parcells. You wanna discredit and downplay Parcells career for whatever reason, I dunno. But yet you only wanna acknowledge what Taylor has done.

You are entitled to your opinion. I am not saying you are wrong. But that is why I prefer to not compare the 2's past, but look at what the 2 are doing now.

When you look at the past both are very admirable, respected and pretty darn good.

See this is why I am saying you can't compare Taylor to Parcells. You wanna discredit and downplay Parcells career for whatever reason, I dunno. But yet you only wanna acknowledge what Taylor has done.

You are entitled to your opinion. I am not saying you are wrong. But that is why I prefer to not compare the 2's past, but look at what the 2 are doing now.

When you look at the past both are very admirable, respected and pretty darn good.

well we make alot of assumptions , people are assuning that PArcells is working day and night while Taylor is doing nothing to prepare to be good this season. Im just saying that Parcells has quit on three teams and to this point some people only assume that taylor has quit on us and we really dont know what has happened off the radar. we have no clue what has went on between the organization and Taylor.

TO this point I still see Taylor as having done his best for this franchise even when the franchise has turned its back on a player the level and class of Zach Thomas he still has never badmouthed the franchise. Sorry I just buy into all this hype trying to make Taylor out to be a bad guy.

Although I think Parcells will do well for the short time he is here at this point he has proven no more than Cam CAmeron or Randy Mueller. so excuse me if I dont start lavishing praise on him.

well we make alot of assumptions , people are assuning that PArcells is working day and night while Taylor is doing nothing to prepare to be good this season. Im just saying that Parcells has quit on three teams and to this point some people only assume that taylor has quit on us and we really dont know what has happened off the radar. we have no clue what has went on between the organization and Taylor.

TO this point I still see Taylor as having done his best for this franchise even when the franchise has turned its back on a player the level and class of Zach Thomas he still has never badmouthed the franchise. Sorry I just buy into all this hype trying to make Taylor out to be a bad guy.

Fair enough

But now you are assuming. Thomas himself said he respected the way the organization handled him.

Fair enough

But now you are assuming. Thomas himself said he respected the way the organization handled him.

Even Dan Marino who was screwed royally acted with class after we screwed him. This is much more a testament to the class of Zach Thomas than how the organization treated him. We had plenty of money under the cap, it would not have killed this organization capwise to keep Zach Thomas. Lets not forget we tried to give like 20 million guaranteed to Calvin frigging Pace.

Back
Top Bottom