Who will finish last in the AFC East | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will finish last in the AFC East

Who will finish last in the AFC East

• Dolphins

Votes: 65 57.0%
  • Patriots

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Jets

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Bills

Votes: 13 11.4%

• Total voters
Patriots
Bills
Jets/Dolphins

No idea who will finish better between Miami and NYJ. Should be interesting. Lots of question marks at QB for everyone in the division besides New England, obviously.

For being division rivals and a history of kicking us out of the playoffs I have a hard time hating Buffalo. They're fantastic choke artists and hard to hate. (I liked Kelly okay. :()

Patriots
Bills
Dolphins
Jets

Jets just have more self-destruct in them than the Dolphins. Bills have something going but I'm not sold on Beast Mode being the savior. The quarterback question in the division is too great to actually want to solidly rank any of these teams. On paper I'd say Miami has a fantastic shot with their backfield and potential O-Line compared to the Bills and Jets.

Chances are Miami finishes #3.

Pats= 11-5 (I say they are going to fall off every year but as long as they have Tom Brady and BB they are always in the mix.)

Jets= 10-6/9-7 (The reason i say this is because every year with the Jets they are either on or off and since last year was an off year they probably bounce back by running the football and playing solid defense.)

Bills= 8-8 (Every year there's one team that had a late season surge that gets hyped up in the offseason only to fall short of their goal. While i'm not saying it's going to be the Bills i am saying that it could be them. I think the D will keep them in games but it all depends on the running game and QB to win them. It's not impossible to say that they could win two more games and be a WC team or they could drop the ball and be 6-10. I'm going to say 8-8 to be safe.

Dolphins- I'm going to go 5-11 because i think that would be fair based on the fact that we don't know who our QB is, if our RB will be back to form, if our receivers can even catch or if our defense can get off the field on 3rd down. We had one win last season and anything more than that could be seen as successfull but i think that since we aquired some talent through the draft and FA i think we can get to at least 5 wins.

PhinFan0202, good predictions.

The crazy thing is that the Jets and Bills could be both be very good teams dependent on how well their QB plays. They have just as many questions at that position as we do. Unfortunately, we have more questions in other areas.

Patriots will win the division. They have less holes and unless they have some type of injuries, I don't see them losing this division. I just think the Bills are a better, younger team. It just seems like they have injuries every year and it's not because they're unlucky--I think it's because they just have injury prone players (not including Mr. Everett, which was a freak accident...how is he doing BTW?). Although the Jets paid for players I don't expect them to get the production from guys like Kris Jenkins and Calvin Pace who are overrated IMO.

Patriots 13-3
Bills 8-8
Jets 8-8
Dolphins 6-10

Whoever has the Jets w/ 4 or 5 wins just doesn't watch the NFL. We were as bad as could be last year and won 4 games. We are vastly improved in key areas where we stunk, at worst we'll win around 7 games which should be enough to keep us out of the basement. Please do not forget we are an everyother year team this decade.

'02: win div
'03: 6-10
'04: 10-6, kick away from title game
'05: 4-12
'06: 10-6, WC team
'07: 4-12

Jets just have more self-destruct in them than the Dolphins.

Huh? please explain this? We have made the postseason 3 times since your last appearance and we have owned you in the last decade- how do we have more self-destruct in us than Miami?

I think Miami might finish 3rd but ahead of BUFFALO. Buffalo has struggled for many years w/ expectations and they are being talked about alot for a team that also wasn't very good last year and a team that feasted on a bad bottom 2 of the division. 4 of Buf's 7 wins came against the Jets and Dolphins and the Jets as bad as they were had chances to win both games late in the 4th. I'm not sold on Buf YET.

The major thing about the AFC East this season is that the Fins, Jets & Bills have all improved, while the Pats are a year older (linebackers) and their secondary took some heavy hits to it.

Based on pre-season and on paper to this point, the Pats are still strong enough to dominate the East. I'm thinking they are lookin at between 11-5 to 13-3.

Next is very hard to call and is a coin flip at this stage. The Jets have made significant improvements. Their O-Line is already better with the additions of Woody and Faneca. Also their pass-rush will be far better with the additions of Gholston and Pace. Where I think alot will depend on how well the Jets do is at QB. I persoanlly feel that the Jets are very dangerous and will espically be a handfull for the Pats as we seen in the Superbowl, good pass rushers will unsettle them.

Alot is expected of the Bills because of there late run last year and very good drafting. There D is strong, espically after adding Stroud and the return of Poslusney. Again they are solid right across the board. Many people feel on this forum that Edwards is'nt the real deal, however after seeing him lead the Bills on a game winning drive against the Skins last year, I think the kid will have a good future.

The Fins will finish bottom but will be much better and competitive than last year. Anything around the 5-11 mark would be acceptable.

while the Pats are a year older (linebackers) and their secondary took some heavy hits to it.
can you explain how the line backers gotten older
colvin 32 yrs gone ,seau 38 yrs gone
added - hobson 28yr old ,mayo 1st rd , crable 3rd round ,bo rudd 5th round pick, reed UDFA all in 22-23 range.

secondary
2nd rd pick and 4th round picks are CB and also their was a very good CB from last year who broke his leg in preaseason he will be back. added webster and another cb.

can you explain how the line backers gotten older
colvin 32 yrs gone ,seau 38 yrs gone
added - hobson 28yr old ,mayo 1st rd , crable 3rd round ,bo rudd 5th round pick, reed UDFA all in 22-23 range.

secondary
2nd rd pick and 4th round picks are CB and also their was a very good CB from last year who broke his leg in preaseason he will be back. added webster and another cb.

Linebackers Thomas (31), Brushci (35) & Vrabel (33), who are all starters.

Secondary: Are you honestly saying that adding a couple of CB's in the draft will be as effective as Asante Samuel, Eugene Wilson, & Randal Gay?

Who do you think will finish last in the AFC East, and if you want list there records. (in your opnion)

My team is not in the AFC east but, i think the teams will finish this way..

#1 pats

#2 jets

#3 phins

#4 bills

Huh? please explain this? We have made the postseason 3 times since your last appearance and we have owned you in the last decade- how do we have more self-destruct in us than Miami?

I think Miami might finish 3rd but ahead of BUFFALO. Buffalo has struggled for many years w/ expectations and they are being talked about alot for a team that also wasn't very good last year and a team that feasted on a bad bottom 2 of the division. 4 of Buf's 7 wins came against the Jets and Dolphins and the Jets as bad as they were had chances to win both games late in the 4th. I'm not sold on Buf YET.

Previous seasons have absolutely nothing to do with this upcoming season. Because if they did, you just wasted another 1st round pick on a TE.

I love how Buffalo gets knocked for beating the Fins and Jets the last 2 seasons. No one before the last 2 seasons gave Buffalo any credit, yet they managed to have a look at teh playoffs in week 15. Last year, they had to play a rookie QB, rookie LB, lost their #2 receiver, starting MLB, starting FS, starting corner, top 2 backup DEs, and starting WLB. If before the season you would have known this, most people would have picked Buffalo as a top 5 draft pick team. Yet, they overcame this and made a playoff run.

I'm not guaranteeing anything but I know the Bills will always play hard and this is one of the most talented rosters they have had in years. They filled all their major weaknesses except TE. I will beat anything they want on the Bills not finishing last. Any takers? Of course, there are still some people who owe for last year that never paid off their bets.

Previous seasons have absolutely nothing to do with this upcoming season. Because if they did, you just wasted another 1st round pick on a TE.

I love how Buffalo gets knocked for beating the Fins and Jets the last 2 seasons. No one before the last 2 seasons gave Buffalo any credit, yet they managed to have a look at teh playoffs in week 15. Last year, they had to play a rookie QB, rookie LB, lost their #2 receiver, starting MLB, starting FS, starting corner, top 2 backup DEs, and starting WLB. If before the season you would have known this, most people would have picked Buffalo as a top 5 draft pick team. Yet, they overcame this and made a playoff run.

I'm not guaranteeing anything but I know the Bills will always play hard and this is one of the most talented rosters they have had in years. They filled all their major weaknesses except TE. I will beat anything they want on the Bills not finishing last. Any takers? Of course, there are still some people who owe for last year that never paid off their bets.

I don't even know what your first paragraph means.

Buffalo had no shot at the playoffs last year, b/c you weren't officially eliminated doesn't mean you were ever really in the race. You had all those provbelms and more than half of your wins came against the awful Jets & Dolphins. They did overcome and did a good job but you feasted on the bottom teams in the division. You beat 1 team w/ a winning record and that was Washington in the middle of a 4 game losing streak. You did NOT make a playoff run.

I'm nto saying the Bills will be bad but I have seen this movie over and over again this decade, you guys have a decent season where you are somewhat close to the playoffs then you are one of those hot teams "experts" pick to make the playoffs the following year and you fall on your face. I want to see you do it first before I get giddy over the Bills. I KNOW the Jets can make a playoff run b/c they have actually done it w/ alot of the players we have and w/ this coaching staff. That is not soemthing you guys can say.

Pretty solid post there Junc, some good points made also.

I find it very tough to call who will finish ahead between the Bills and Jets. What I think the Bills have in their favour is that they have been building since '05. Since then they have gone 7-9 the past two seasons. Their schedule is decent enough and on paper, their draft was very solid.

My point is Junc is that the Bills have been building this team for the last three seasons and reaching a stage where the break-through is close. For the Jets to do better than the Bills, I think they have to go 9-7, thats 5 more games than they won last season. Although its not impossible by any standards, I just think the Bills have their building blocks in place, while the Jets will need instant impacts from all their big money signings and early draft picks.

Just think its a big ask Junc for the Jets this season, but they are capable of being a very dangerous team.

Back
Top Bottom