Who will finish last in the AFC East | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will finish last in the AFC East

Who will finish last in the AFC East

• Dolphins

Votes: 65 57.0%
  • Patriots

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Jets

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Bills

Votes: 13 11.4%

• Total voters
Pretty solid post there Junc, some good points made also.

I find it very tough to call who will finish ahead between the Bills and Jets. What I think the Bills have in their favour is that they have been building since '05. Since then they have gone 7-9 the past two seasons. Their schedule is decent enough and on paper, their draft was very solid.

My point is Junc is that the Bills have been building this team for the last three seasons and reaching a stage where the break-through is close. For the Jets to do better than the Bills, I think they have to go 9-7, thats 5 more games than they won last season. Although its not impossible by any standards, I just think the Bills have their building blocks in place, while the Jets will need instant impacts from all their big money signings and early draft picks.

Just think its a big ask Junc for the Jets this season, but they are capable of being a very dangerous team.

We have been building too, sure we added some key FAs and trades(just as the Bills did the last couple of years) but we have some excellent young guys that we are building around. Mangold, ferguson, Cotchery, Harris, revis, Rhodes. I don't know if we'll finish ahead of Buffalo or not but just b/c we spent some money doesn't mean haven't been building.

Our QBs are about even, both have young guys who are developing but we also have a veteran who has had alot of success. Rbs are even, Our starting WRs are better but they probably have a little better depth, our OL should be better, the DLs are similar, they don't have a LB as good as David Harris but the Lbs overall are close, our secondary is better. They have an edge in the P and K game but we both have excellent STs(though the loss of Westhoff might affect ours). I think we have as much, if not more, talent as Buffalo and many of our guys know what it takes to get to postseason while their guys only know what it's like to get close.

When a team has total faith in their young guys they dont go out and spend that kind of money in free agency.....

And what is this "David Harris is the best" stuff? Poz was outplaying him before he went down with that freak wrist injury. Our LB's are also better overall with Crowell and K. Mitchell. Our depth is better at a lot of different positions.

Just because you spent money on the OL doesn't mean they will be better.....the Bills have a Pro Bowl LT and and Peters along with the rest of the line did just have the potential to play well they DID play well last season.

David Harris is pretty sick man. The dude was all over, he's still got a lot to learn in terms of coverage and whatnot, but anyone who watched him at all last year could see he'll be playing at a high level for long time. That being said I hope Poz has a better year than him!

When a team has total faith in their young guys they dont go out and spend that kind of money in free agency.....

And what is this "David Harris is the best" stuff? Poz was outplaying him before he went down with that freak wrist injury. Our LB's are also better overall with Crowell and K. Mitchell. Our depth is better at a lot of different positions.

Just because you spent money on the OL doesn't mean they will be better.....the Bills have a Pro Bowl LT and and Peters along with the rest of the line did just have the potential to play well they DID play well last season.

So last year when the Bills opened the checkbook that meant they didn't have faith in the young guys? We added nice pieces around our young core.

Poz was outplaying him b/c Harris wasn't playing alot early. Poz started 3 games, his #s would have prorated to 139 tackles, zero sacks, 0 PD, 0 FFs. Harris only started 9 games and had 127 tackles, 5 sacks, 3 PDs and 2 FFs. Now that we have settled that debate let's move on to the rest of the LBs. Kawika Mitchell is the definition of mediocrity. I think our LBs are better. Harris, Pace, Barton & Thomas are better than Mitchell, Poz and Crowell.

I don't even know what your first paragraph means.

You stated that you have seen the Bills be a trendy pick in other seasons only to not make playoffs. I said that previous seasons have no impact on the current on. Or else Dutin Keller is gonna be a "stud" like Kyle Brady and Johnnie Mitchell. Clear enough? :up:

Buffalo had no shot at the playoffs last year, b/c you weren't officially eliminated doesn't mean you were ever really in the race. You had all those provbelms and more than half of your wins came against the awful Jets & Dolphins. They did overcome and did a good job but you feasted on the bottom teams in the division. You beat 1 team w/ a winning record and that was Washington in the middle of a 4 game losing streak. You did NOT make a playoff run.

Completely wrong. The Bills were 7-6 and playing a game against a 8-5 Browns team. You really mean to tell me that a 8-6 team has no shot at the playoffs. Because if you are, you're flat out wrong.

And the schedule is what it is. Before the season, all Jets and Fin fans though they were better than the Bills. Also, the Ravens and Bengals were supposed to be much better than they were. You play to win the game. It's ins't college football where they rate your victories. As of right now, the Bills have a very easy schedule based on last year's results. Last year, they had one of the hardest. Last year's season means nothing.

I'm nto saying the Bills will be bad but I have seen this movie over and over again this decade, you guys have a decent season where you are somewhat close to the playoffs then you are one of those hot teams "experts" pick to make the playoffs the following year and you fall on your face. I want to see you do it first before I get giddy over the Bills. I KNOW the Jets can make a playoff run b/c they have actually done it w/ alot of the players we have and w/ this coaching staff. That is not soemthing you guys can say.

Like I said, I'll bet anyone that the Bills finish 2nd in the division. You accept or not? It's pretty simple.

You stated that you have seen the Bills be a trendy pick in other seasons only to not make playoffs. I said that previous seasons have no impact on the current on. Or else Dutin Keller is gonna be a "stud" like Kyle Brady and Johnnie Mitchell. Clear enough?

It's silly for a Bills fan to take a shot at any team considering you guts aye 0 for the 00s in playoff apps. While history from 10-20-30 years ago means nothing, recent trends do mean something and this Bills team has been in a bad cycle of getting somewhat close to the playoffs then having high expectations and being a hot picj the next year only to fall flat on their faces.

Completely wrong. The Bills were 7-6 and playing a game against a 8-5 Browns team. You really mean to tell me that a 8-6 team has no shot at the playoffs. Because if you are, you're flat out wrong.

You finished 3 games out in the playoff race, you weren't close. You may have been mathematically alive but you weren't close. If you think you were close keep in mind we were 3 games behind the Bills, I guess that means we were close to 2nd place?

And the schedule is what it is. Before the season, all Jets and Fin fans though they were better than the Bills. Also, the Ravens and Bengals were supposed to be much better than they were. You play to win the game. It's ins't college football where they rate your victories. As of right now, the Bills have a very easy schedule based on last year's results. Last year, they had one of the hardest. Last year's season means nothing.

Teams do get good and bad really fast in today's NFL which is why it's all the more embarrassing that the Bills haven't made the postseason this decade.

Like I said, I'll bet anyone that the Bills finish 2nd in the division. You accept or not? It's pretty simple.

I'l bet you, what do you want to bet? I don't know what that proves but I'm up for it.

I have been hearing the same stuff from Bills fans since 2002, it's funny how it keeps happening over and over again.

Huh? please explain this? We have made the postseason 3 times since your last appearance and we have owned you in the last decade- how do we have more self-destruct in us than Miami?

I think Miami might finish 3rd but ahead of BUFFALO. Buffalo has struggled for many years w/ expectations and they are being talked about alot for a team that also wasn't very good last year and a team that feasted on a bad bottom 2 of the division. 4 of Buf's 7 wins came against the Jets and Dolphins and the Jets as bad as they were had chances to win both games late in the 4th. I'm not sold on Buf YET.

Good 'ol Junc, whenever someones says the Dolphins are better he goes nutty and has to prove his point that the Jets have been so much better then a team that's been in disarray for years.

Just like kicking the fat kid's ***

It's silly for a Bills fan to take a shot at any team considering you guts aye 0 for the 00s in playoff apps. While history from 10-20-30 years ago means nothing, recent trends do mean something and this Bills team has been in a bad cycle of getting somewhat close to the playoffs then having high expectations and being a hot picj the next year only to fall flat on their faces.

It's silly for any of us (sans Pats fans) to take shots at each other b/c none of our teams have done ****. So the Jets have more wins the last 10 years then Miami and Buff. It's still gotten you to the same place as those 2 teams....

Nowhere

Good 'ol Junc, whenever someones says the Dolphins are better he goes nutty and has to prove his point that the Jets have been so much better then a team that's been in disarray for years.

Just like kicking the fat kid's ***

The problem is, he is right.

The Jets have owned the Dolphins in recent history.

The Dolphins did go 1-15 last year.

The Dolphins haven't made the playoffs in 5-6 years.

All true.

BZ

It's silly for any of us (sans Pats fans) to take shots at each other b/c none of our teams have done ****. So the Jets have more wins the last 10 years then Miami and Buff. It's still gotten you to the same place as those 2 teams....

Nowhere

I don't take shots I reply to shots.

Back
Top Bottom