Who will get to the playoffs first? Buffalo or Miami? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will get to the playoffs first? Buffalo or Miami?

I will no longer debate these sort of topics with finfans. Anyone who thinks Chris Chambers is fit to hold Eric Moulds jockstrap obviously knows nothing about football.

Sure, living in the past is not a good thing to do. But when looking ahead to this season, all we have to look at is recent history...recent history being last season.

Overall: 9-7 vs. 4-12
Last 10 Games: 8-2 vs. 4-6
Last 5 Games: 4-1 vs. 2-3

Offense
Passing YPG: 176.1 vs. 191.6
Rushing YPG: 117.1 vs. 83.7
PPG: 24.7 vs. 17.2

Defense
Passing YPG: 182 vs. 184 (wow, top 2 in the AFC, interesting)
Rushing YPG: 100.2 vs. 143.9
PPG: 17.8 vs. 22.1

The numbers are indisputable. The Dolphins have the Bills by a small margin in the passing categories on both offense and defense...but take a looking at the wide margin in rushing, and most importantly points scored and points allowed.

And don't give any more stupid comments like "oh that was last year" and "ohh the Bills have a terrible history of collapsing" and "ohhh Losman will eat a sack". Last year is all we can really base what is to come next year off of, the Dolphins have a pretty sweet history of late season collapse too, and there is no way Losman will be any worse than what the Dolphins have to offer.

Thank you, have a nice day, and this was my first ever post in finheaven.

i bet 20 buck about jets and fins in playoffs this year with a jets fan. if both make it or both dont make it ,bet is a draw.

I don't think that this year it is debatable the Bills will be a better team. I think Bills fans would agree that Drew sucks. My point, how could JP be worse? Down the stretch IMO they were one of the best teams in football. (no shame in losing to the steelers)

that being said I hope that I am 100% wrong and you fall flat on your face. I would like nothing more than serving up to turd sandwiches this year to Buffalo

SkapePhin said:
Its been a 3 year playoff drought for Miami.. Before that, Miami had 5 consecutive playoff appearances..

How long has it been since the playoffs made the playoffs? 99? The music city miracle??

Anyway, who do you think gets there first out of the 2? Maybe its the homer in me, but I say Miami.. Buff has a great D, but I think Losman will struggle mightely in the NFL.. Plus Miami has the superior coaching staff imo.. Thoughts?
MIAMI BY FAR. THE BILLS GOT LOSMAN:roflmao:

BB > MD said:
Sure, living in the past is not a good thing to do. But when looking ahead to this season, all we have to look at is recent history...recent history being last season.

Overall: 9-7 vs. 4-12
Last 10 Games: 8-2 vs. 4-6
Last 5 Games: 4-1 vs. 2-3

Offense
Passing YPG: 176.1 vs. 191.6
Rushing YPG: 117.1 vs. 83.7
PPG: 24.7 vs. 17.2

Defense
Passing YPG: 182 vs. 184 (wow, top 2 in the AFC, interesting)
Rushing YPG: 100.2 vs. 143.9
PPG: 17.8 vs. 22.1

The numbers are indisputable. The Dolphins have the Bills by a small margin in the passing categories on both offense and defense...but take a looking at the wide margin in rushing, and most importantly points scored and points allowed.

And don't give any more stupid comments like "oh that was last year" and "ohh the Bills have a terrible history of collapsing" and "ohhh Losman will eat a sack". Last year is all we can really base what is to come next year off of, the Dolphins have a pretty sweet history of late season collapse too, and there is no way Losman will be any worse than what the Dolphins have to offer.

Thank you, have a nice day, and this was my first ever post in finheaven.

Hmm, I remember when we would have 9-7 just miss the playoff seasons and go to the Bills boards and read about how they will surpass us in the next season. Well it didn't happen in 2001, 2002 or 2003 but it finally did in 2004. Does that make all of those Bills fans idiots, until last year anyway????

The Bills have a good football team and I stress good because they are nothing more than that. Judging by the 2 games vs Miami in 2004 I'd have to say there is a pretty fine line between the good and bad teams in the NFL. The biggest desparity in today's NFL is betwen the good teams like Buffalo and the top tier teams like Pittsburgh and New England.

I realize the Bills had a pretty good run there for awhile but who did they beat. The very weak NFC west teams (divsion winner 9-7, even Miami was 2-2 vs that divsion) Miami (we all know are own hardships) Cleveland right when their interim head coach took over, Cincinnati and finally one playoff team the Jets. How did they do against the top tier teams like NE?? Oh that's right blowout!!!! How about Pittsburghs backup players, in their own backyard, when their season was on the line???? Loss!!!!

It's very feasible that the Bills will struggle with a hole at left tackle that should be addressed and a rookie QB who had a reputation of being careless with the football in college. Am I saying Losman is going to suck next year????? Absolutely not, but Bills fans act like it isn't at all possible that he will struggle.

I don't think the Dolphins will make the playoffs next season but would never rule it out completely or why get excited for football???? Every fan, no matter who they cheer for believes their team could make the playoffs next year isn't that part of being a fan????

BTW I don't think Buffalo will make the playoffs either next year and stats are for losers. Especially defensive rankings.

i think bills will hit the playoffs before we do. i love the dolphins, but guys..... lets be realistic here :)

Losman7 said:
How the hell can you think Miami has a superior coaching staff??

They haven't even had practice yet!! Our coach had 9 wins his first year, our D coordinator has had the # 2 D two years in a row, our special teams were the best in the NFL last year!!

You think Losman will struggle, we've already watched Feely suck. Losman has Wyche to help him, the made creates great QB's

Our D is great and aside from possibly Clements will be together for at least three more years.

Until proven otherwise we have a better RB and both of our WR's are superior.(Chambers has potential, but hasen't proven anything yet)

I think, without a doubt, Buffalo will be there first. If we had started McGahee and Evans from day one last year we would have been in then.

First of all Henry's yards per carry say he had a better year than McGahee. Secondly it is debatable whether your receivers are better Booker has been to the pro bowl 2 times, and Chambers is as good as it gets. Who is your tight end????? oh ok - guess we win that one. you lost Jennings and havent replaced him. you lost pat williams, and lost winfield last year. you dont have a first round pick. miami added a pro bowler in kevin carter, and has added depth to the entire team. MIAMI WILL BE BETTER THAN THE BILLS THIS YEAR. AND SORRY BUBBA IT'S GOING TO BE A WHILE BEFORE THE BILLS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. THEY ARE THE 4TH BEST TEAM IN THE AFC EAST THIS YEAR.

Losman7 said:
How the hell can you think Miami has a superior coaching staff??

They haven't even had practice yet!! Our coach had 9 wins his first year, our D coordinator has had the # 2 D two years in a row, our special teams were the best in the NFL last year!!

You think Losman will struggle, we've already watched Feely suck. Losman has Wyche to help him, the made creates great QB's

Our D is great and aside from possibly Clements will be together for at least three more years.

Until proven otherwise we have a better RB and both of our WR's are superior.(Chambers has potential, but hasen't proven anything yet)

I think, without a doubt, Buffalo will be there first. If we had started McGahee and Evans from day one last year we would have been in then.

THere no reason to believe Feeley is better than Losman but don't think Losman won't grow through growing pain.

Losman7 said:
I will no longer debate these sort of topics with finfans. Anyone who thinks Chris Chambers is fit to hold Eric Moulds jockstrap obviously knows nothing about football.

Actually,

Moulds can't be put in the same sentence with CHambers but Moulds has the production to back it up.

I'm not going to try and predict. Losman is too much of an unknown at this point. Like many Bills fans, I'm optimistic that he is going to be a solid NFL QB. Thomas54 is like a few around the league who are ready to dismiss Losman as a flop before he ever starts a game. The best indicator I can think of for how Losman might do is Buffalo's apparently serious intentions to build a power running game that is relatively safe for a QB. I think the Bills will be fine in 4 out of their 5 starting linemen. Mike Williams will continue his development. Chris Villarrial will be fine. I think Bennie Anderson will be an upgrade at LG. Center will be OK whether it's Teague, Tucker or a rookie like Spencer. The big unknown is left tackle. If the Shelton/Henry deal gets done, I think we'll be OK. If not we've got a crap shoot at LT: Gandy, Teague, Peters, who knows.

I'll be the first to admit Moulds had a so-so year in 2004. I don't think we know yet whether it was just an off year, which he's had before, or he has begun a decline in his physical skills with age.

I will also say, a lot of us Buffalo fans like our coaching staff top to bottom. I don't regard Tom Clements as a liability at all. I know we saw some trick plays that backfired last season, but I think the team was a little sloppy in execution, something that will improve with familiarity. Other teams will have to be prepared for anything.

As far as Miami is concerned, you are in the earliest stages of rebuilding. I don't care who the coaching staff is, it's impossible to predict exactly how the rebuilding will go and how long it will take. Naturally, I'd love to see it take years, but who really knows.

Dolphins:

Offense:

QB: Feeley: about half to one year NFL experience, improved each game, proved he could play through pain, and behind a very poor OL, still questionable
Gus: Knows the new system in place, has a name i would rather give to my dog, doesnt know how to headbutt very well (can you tell I'm reaching?)

RB: Whoever it is, unproven until the season is started

WR: Chambers: proven that he has potential, proven that he has not been able to use all of that potential
Booker: proven he can handle his load, proven he can be an impact when needed, I like what I see personally
Thompson: Shown improvement since last year, proved he can make some clutch catches with the Patriots game, still a ? and still not totally proven to be a solid #3

TE: McMichael: he has proven to the team and league that he can make the catches when needed, proven that he has matured since last year considering he can now keep his head in the game and ease up on the stupid personal fouls

OL: Very proven coach, the rest is ???, totally unproven, and unknown until the first game

Defense:

Secondary: With the possible parting of Surtain, and the loss of Knight, another unproven part of the equation
LB: with Thomas and seau returning, along with some young blood, the LB corps is very solid, one of the most proven parts of the team
DL: JT on the end, along with a very solid supporting cast, the defensive line should be able to haul its weight.

Special Teams:

KR/PR: Wes Welker has more than proven himself as an excelent return man. This is a very solid portion of the special teams
P: I believe that Turk has proven that he is a usually consistent punter, he can make the needed punts and can keep his defense out of danger
K: Mare another ?, can he return to his clutch kicking, he had shown improvement towards the end of the season, can he pull through? great on the kickoff though

Coaching Staff: Proven OC, proven OL coach, great potential with the HC and lots of depth at the DC (if you could call it depth with coaches), but unproven all together, great potential

Bills:

Offense:

QB: Losman: ?? all around, great straight up potential, can he bring it out without much experience is the true ?
Holcomb: knows how to replace a guy in-game, knows how to deal with starting every other week, solid backup, possible starter, in game experience, still not proven

RB: McGahee: great second year after year of rehab, started a little tenative but broke the ice quickly. still a ? without a full year of being the workhorse back he will be this year

WR: Moulds: Shows the potential, and uses it, big play ablitity, and is a very proven WR
Evans: Amazing potential, great rookie year, not 100% proven, but as close as he can be

TE: Campbell: consistent, not a big game TE like McMichael, but can make and impact

OL: proven they can give enough protection to make the throws, with a much more mobile QB this year, it should be easier, but an inexperienced QB, could contribute and make it harder. Loss of Jonas Jennings is yet to be determined with the impact, but it cannot help

Defense:

Secondary: Lawyer Milloy, Troy Vincent, Coy Wire, Nate Clements, Terrence McGee, very solid secondary fast, experienced, and tough, but they are capable of giving up the big plays (Jax game... sry for beating the dead horse)

LB: Takeo Spikes, London Fletcher, solid LB's quick to the ball, and they dont let go, mainly Spikes on this one, ive seem Fletcher miss some big tackles that he really needed to make, very solid position

DL: very effective, but the loss of "Fat" Pat Williams is yet to be seen, but as with Jonas, can not help, still a solid line overall with Aaron Schobel on the end coming up with some big sacks

Special Teams:

KR/PR: McGee is a bullet, this guy can fly, he is a very effective KR/PR, faster than Welker, but Welker I believe still has better field vision, and is better at making the first guy miss. both very solid return men

P: no contest Moorman is by far the best punter in the league. I got to see this guy punt at the Bills training camp and it is amazing to see first hand. He can place it, he can boom it, he can pooch it. he is an all around great punter

K: Rian Lindell: he is a ? like Mare, both are consistently inconsistent, he can make some clutch kicks, but misses many 30 yarders. NFL kickers cannot do that

Coaching Staff: one year under their belts, very good first year, logically it seems that up is the only direction and they can only improve with more experience

Evaluating all of this, my data and superior knowledge say the Bills will make the playoffs first, but my heart is always with the Dolphins.

I believe that neither teams will make the playoffs this year, and both will make the playoffs next year in 2006-2007 season. One year experience for everybody will bring the teams together.

I'm a diehard finfan, and i hope they turn everything around and get to the playoffs, but... We are the team that has to do more work to get there, everyone else is starting better in a way. So I think it is a little too homey to say that for sure the fins will get there before the bills, whomever says that is talking basically out of hopes, not really being honest with themselfes. Having said that, I HOPE i am very very wrong, and the fins finish 14-2 and i really think we can do it. But i am a fan

(if i were a bill fan i would be worried about the possibility of McGAhee blowing his knee again, especially since henry does not want to play for buffalo anymore)

Quelonio said:
I'm a diehard finfan, and i hope they turn everything around and get to the playoffs, but... We are the team that has to do more work to get there, everyone else is starting better in a way. So I think it is a little too homey to say that for sure the fins will get there before the bills, whomever says that is talking basically out of hopes, not really being honest with themselfes. Having said that, I HOPE i am very very wrong, and the fins finish 14-2 and i really think we can do it. But i am a fan

(if i were a bill fan i would be worried about the possibility of McGAhee blowing his knee again, especially since henry does not want to play for buffalo anymore)

McGahee has about the same risk of sustatining a knee injury as any perfectly healthy running back in the NFL. It can happen to anyone but McGahee is not at higher risk. The surgical repair is actually stronger than the original.

Back
Top Bottom