Who will lead the Miami Dolphins in sacks in 2020? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will lead the Miami Dolphins in sacks in 2020?

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

1592081323796.png

DL Christian Wilkins

The incumbent on the roster who could challenge for this title is Wilkins. He was a top-15 pick for a reason — and with better talent around him this year he should warrant more one on one looks. Because of the construction of the Dolphins’ roster, there will be no one dominant player eating up the opposing quarterback — the team will have a by committee approach. And if that is the case, Wilkins could well end up leading the charge since he’s aligned closest to the quarterback to begin with.

I would like to see Christian have a great year and the rest of the defense catches the fire as a unit! :ffic:

Interesting question, and interesting take on Lawson.

Wilkins can have an ouatanding year, but not have outstanding stats.

I think we may see Baker turned loose more than last season. It seemed he was successful when he has had opportunities.

The article used the premise that he would be used a lot in coverage packages, thus limiting his opportunities, but I dont really agree.

Our DBs shouldn't need all that much help. We may have 6 DBs on the field in most passing situations.

Last edited:
My head says Lawson or Ogbah, but my heart hopes that it is Strowbridge or Weaver.

I would solidly bet against it being Wilkins. I really like him, I'm glad we drafted him, but I don't think he'll ever be a double digit sack guy. He's more of a collapse the pocket and cause the QB to run into someone else guy.

My head says Lawson or Ogbah, but my heart hopes that it is Strowbridge or Weaver.

I would solidly bet against it being Wilkins. I really like him, I'm glad we drafted him, but I don't think he'll ever be a double digit sack guy. He's more of a collapse the pocket and cause the QB to run into someone else guy.
Unless the pocket is being pushed from the other side.. I agree he does not strike me as a 10 sack guy but no one on this roster really does.. I could see him settling at 8 but seems more likely we have 5 guys around 6 than anything else

View attachment 48760

DL Christian Wilkins

The incumbent on the roster who could challenge for this title is Wilkins. He was a top-15 pick for a reason — and with better talent around him this year he should warrant more one on one looks. Because of the construction of the Dolphins’ roster, there will be no one dominant player eating up the opposing quarterback — the team will have a by committee approach. And if that is the case, Wilkins could well end up leading the charge since he’s aligned closest to the quarterback to begin with.

I would like to see Christian have a great year and the rest of the defense catches the fire as a unit! :ffic:

Care little about individual slackers. I wa t the TEAM to be top 5. I don't want the opposing O to focus on ONE guy. Give me a number of guys with 6-8 sacks

If Van noy gets the reps I think it will be him, he’s very crafty getting to the qb..amongst other things, and therein lies the problem if we’re talking about stats.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom