Who will replace Coker at U M? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will replace Coker at U M?

PHANTASTIC 13

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Here was my choice...too late now...the Spartans of Michigan State signed him as their next coach.
Cincinnati went 7-5 under Dantonio, who took the job at Michigan State. The Bearcats accepted a berth in the inaugural International Bowl on Jan. 6 in Toronto. Defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi, who interviewed for the job, has been running the team during the interim.

Dantonio coordinated Ohio State's national championship defense before he arrived on campus and started rebuilding a program that moved into the Big East for the last two seasons. Even though the Bearcats were starting to win, they couldn't draw many fans, which was a factor in Dantonio leaving.

Another guy who is still out there who I think would be great for the Hurricanes is West Virginia's Rich Rodriguez, he is very good on offense using multiple formations and spread offense, which helps the running game. I think he is one of the best offensive minds in the game right now along with Jim Tressel who makes great adjustments during the game and can game plan as good as anyone out there.

Randy.Shannon.

let the guy stay home..without Shannon on this staff, this Defense will fall apart

he'll recruit south florida like no other coach..he knows the high schools here and he have great relationships with high school coaches in the south florida area

I wouldn't have a problem with that,(hiring Randy Shannon) sometimes it's best to stay inside the program and hire within. :cooldude:

PHANTASTIC 13 said:
I wouldn't have a problem with that,(hiring Randy Shannon) sometimes it's best to stay inside the program and hire within. :cooldude:
worked with coker!

I hear Jeff Bowden is available. :D

They are going to have to find a coordinator or someone already there, none of the top canidates out there want this job. The job sucks, you can win a title, have big seasons, then have a couple of rough years and become the south florida whipping boy. This job sucks right now, if someone already has a decent job they arent leaving it for this job.

UF Fin Kat said:
worked with coker!

It sure did...he has as many national titles as Spurrier, Zook, and Meyer combined.

kpcane said:
It sure did...he has as many national titles as Spurrier, Zook, and Meyer combined.
he's soon to have more MPC Computers Bowl titles, too. if you can beat nevada, that is.

My issue with Leach is he doesn't coach a NFL pro style offense and that concerns me. I don't mind Shannon just who does he get for the offense is my question?

maybe a change from the pro-style offense would be a good thing. this is college afterall.

As of last week, before the latest with Schiano (sp?) turning UM down... One of the radio personalities who is pretty responsible as a reporter was saying there were just two canidates UM was considering. Schiano and Shannon. Now that one of those is out, I would assume that means the job is Shannon's. However, maybe they are looking at more candidates now?

Back
Top Bottom