Who Will Win The Starting QB Position? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Will Win The Starting QB Position?

Who will win the starting QB position?

• AJ Feeley

Votes: 107 76.4%
  • Gus Frerotte

Votes: 33 23.6%

• Total voters
inFINSible said:
All Feeley has to do is make a steady progression in learning the offense from now until the beginning of the season, and he will be the starter.

It won't matter whether he's better than Frerotte or not, as long as he appears to be heading in that direction.

I'll gurantee you that he will have to beat out Frerotte.Saban is here to win games and not play favorites.He is not exactly attach to Feeley and is not like it was his QB choice.

I'll say Feelme, I mean Feeley,but honestly. Let's just sit back and let the chips fall where they may. Let the coaches coach and then we as PHINFANS support the qb who they think is our leader. I for one think we are going to shock and awe some people this year. Thanks in particular to the Houlkster!

Starter will be Sage

If he goes down Ferrote

IF he goes down AJ

If he goes down Berlin

If he goes down My Auntie Mo......

If she goes down The waterboy.......

Guys this is conjecture and pointless, we are correct if I am wrong in April.
No Camps or training has occured, no systems instilled in players .

Until they perform during camp I am not willing to committ to any player, all I know is that the one that starts will be the one in Sabans eyes that will give him a W on day 1 and that will be fine by me. My allegeinace is to the team not to a player.

minus said:
I'll gurantee you that he will have to beat out Frerotte.Saban is here to win games and not play favorites.He is not exactly attach to Feeley and is not like it was his QB choice.
You'll gurantee me??

I would expect Saban to choose to develop the QB who has the best chance to return long term value to the franchise.

If a veteran QB who is not long for this league, is solid from day one because he knows the system, and is a nice effecient player, he would make an excellent back-up.

If a younger QB with as much talent and more upside has an offseason in which he shows constant improvement in a new offensive system it is both beneficial and essential to continue to nurture that growth with continued playing time.

Notice that I didn't use any names. That would seem to dispell your notion that I think Nick would play favorites, no?

Maybe I was talking about Sage huh?

:lol:

inFINSible said:
You'll gurantee me??

I would expect Saban to choose to develop the QB who has the best chance to return long term value to the franchise.

If a veteran QB who is not long for this league, is solid from day one because he knows the system, and is a nice effecient player, he would make an excellent back-up.

If a younger QB with as much talent and more upside has an offseason in which he shows constant improvement in a new offensive system it is both beneficial and essential to continue to nurture that growth with continued playing time.

Notice that I didn't use any names. That would seem to dispell your notion that I think Nick would play favorites, no?

Maybe I was talking about Sage huh?

:lol:

Deep down you know who you're talking about...... :tongue:

I can agree with you now that you expanded on your thoughts but I still think his desicion will base on who can get him more wins.

Im all for Feeley starting. With Gus Frerotte it gives us some insurance, and he can help teach Feeley what to expect in Linehan's system.

On a side note, whats the scoop on our QB coach? Does he have a history of mentoring good QBs? Does he help them learn how to make better decisions?

minus said:
Deep down you know who you're talking about...... :tongue:

I can agree with you now that you expanded on your thoughts but I still think his desicion will base on who can get him more wins.
The important wins at the beginning of the season, or the end?? :wink:

Just kidding, don't answer that, I'm already late for work, they're all important, I know. :)

Feeley will win it even tho i think Gus could be good in this offense

i say feeley but something tells me were going to see gus at somepiont

I think, and hope it will be Feeley, because if it ends up Frerotte, then that tells me we have no starting QB this year. Frerotte is a great backup, at a moments notice he can come in and have 2-3 great games in a row, but then after will come the inconsistancy, and we do not need that on a team with so many young players.

I like what I saw in the final few games from Feeley, love the way he tends to keep coming back in games (That shows heart), and if not for those stupid throws every game(2-3 a game), he really did not do that bad a job last year considering.

kingnate85 said:
It's gotta be Feeley. Saban has already said he has trust in Feeley and I think Frerotte was brought in as more of support and a mentor for Feeley than a successor.
I have to agree with you 100%.

Back
Top Bottom