Who wins game 7? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who wins game 7?

Who wins game 7?

• Detroit

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • San Antonio

Votes: 19 57.6%

• Total voters
Gotta go with the better team which is the Pistons. I wouldnt be suprised to see them win a third championship next year.

Here are my halftime thoughts....

* Man-U Ginobili and Tony Parker haven't been knocked on their @$$es nearly enough. The Pistons HAVE to make their fouls count on these guys. They hate contact in the worst way.

* Even I think Hubie Brown's pro-Pistons commentary is a little much.

* But that said, I'm going to steal a page from his playbook. "You're the Detroit Pistons. You're shooting 1-7 from three-point land. Your leading scorer, Chauncey Billups, hasn't done much so far, and Robert Horry, possibly the...greatest...sub...since John Havilcek, has 8 points. Yet, you're up 1 at halftime. You've got to be feeling very good about your chances.

* Way too many touch fouls being called both ways here. Let them play, guys! That said, the officiating's been pretty much down the middle, so even if the three blind mice are calling it too close, at least they're calling it evenly.

* I had no idea that Ben Wallace was Magic Johnson. LOVE the finger roll!

* Detroit's getting too many good looks for SA's liking. If that keeps up, this game's going to open up in the second half.

* This is EASILY Tony Parker's best game of the series. It's not even close. Brent Barry, too.

I'm taking back the good things I said about the refs. Two ridiculous foul calls on Detroit in the first four minutes. Apparently Ben Wallace gets a foul for being there as Tim Duncan shoves him out of the way and Chauncey B gets one for trying to get out of Duncan's way as he dives to the floor.

**** it. I'm still proud as hell of my guys.

Congratulations, Spurs fans. You earned it.

Brad528 said:
Gotta go with the better team which is the Pistons. I wouldnt be suprised to see them win a third championship next year.
Crow time! :D

phunwin said:

Hell of a fight by Detroit. I will never lose an ounce of respect for that team. Detroit fans should be proud.

Good for San Antonio's fans, but I can't stand the fact that Duncan, Parker, & Bowen are leaving this season as champions. Sorry, I just can't stand any of those players. But LOL, Ginobili is a funny guy.

Dolphin1184 said:
Crow time! :D
I still believe Detroit & Miami are the two best teams in the NBA when healthy(for Miami). No disrespect to the Spurs, but between those three teams...if healthy, whoever has homecourt in any series would win, IMO.

phunwin said:
I'm taking back the good things I said about the refs. Two ridiculous foul calls on Detroit in the first four minutes. Apparently Ben Wallace gets a foul for being there as Tim Duncan shoves him out of the way and Chauncey B gets one for trying to get out of Duncan's way as he dives to the floor.

As opposed to the ridiculous amount of calls the Pistons get in every game...of course....

2 Pistolz said:
Hell of a fight by Detroit. I will never lose an ounce of respect for that team. Detroit fans should be proud.

Good for San Antonio's fans, but I can't stand the fact that Duncan, Parker, & Bowen are leaving this season as champions. Sorry, I just can't stand any of those players. But LOL, Ginobili is a funny guy.

I still believe Detroit & Miami are the two best teams in the NBA when healthy(for Miami). No disrespect to the Spurs, but between those three teams...if healthy, whoever has homecourt in any series would win, IMO.

Why do you hate duncan so much?

Dolphin1184 said:
Why do you hate duncan so much?

I respect him, I just dislike his game. I can't stand watching a player who doesn't entertain me. Sure, he gets the job done, but when it comes to liking/disliking a player, it's all about opinions. Duncan is still considered the best player in the NBA by many, yet he's been falling off lately. I just dislike his game. I'm more into the Kevin Garnett/Jermaine O'Neal/Amare Stoudemire big men of the league.

Great outcome....the good guys won.

With the exception of Ben Wallace and Chauncey Billups (good stand-up guys)...the rest were crying dirty little babies. I didn't want to see the trophy in their hands.

If Larry doesnt come back to Detroit next season, I don't see them being as strong.

Great series. Timmy manned up and dominated in the 3rd to push the Spurs into the lead. He also finally made his damn FTs. :eek:

On my behalf of Spur fans I would like to congratulate the Pistons and their fans for a great and hard fought series. Honestly I won't be shocked if the same two teams go at it again next year.

Well at least one of my favorite teams can win the ring now when the hell will my Dolphins get one for all of us?:cry:

TerryTate said:
If Larry doesnt come back to Detroit next season, I don't see them being as strong.

There's no question about that. The East will be ran through Miami & Indiana.

phunwin said:

Congratulations, Spurs fans. You earned it.

the pistons played a game 7 to be proud of, and they didn't come close to melting down. i think larry brown had a lot to do with that, and i also think that the magnitude of the game helped everyone stay focused. i was glad to see them keep it together for the biggest game. it made it much more enjoyable for me.

i thought there were too many whistles in the game, but overall i thought it was a pretty well officiated game. as hubie brown pointed out, at least they were consistent. that's all you can ask for. it's funny you mentioned hubie brown in your halftime report: i was wondering which pistons jersey he was going to wear for this game (i finally decided he'd wear #3), and i actually thought he did a better job of toning it down a little tonight, as if somebody said something to him. he was still a little pro-detroit, but not as annoyingly so as in game 6, for example.

i can get down on rasheed wallace, but it's mainly because i hate to see wasted potential about as much as i hate whining about refs. 'sheed is arguably in the top 5 players in the league in terms of pure physical ability. he should have a lot more to show for all his talent. he was clutch tonight for detroit when they needed it most, just like in game 6. he's unguardable when his head's in the game. if he could keep his emotions in check on the court, he would be a nightmare matchup for any team (similar to the problems shaq can create on offense: who guards the guy, and does it matter?). he should have about three championships and three mvp awards by now. if he only had a good hypnotherapist... or something...

i think if the pistons would have found a way to win this game, ben wallace should have won the mvp award. he was huge in their wins.

i'm happy that duncan shrugged off those demons. and now it's officially football season for me! go 'phins!

Back
Top Bottom