Who would be the biggest present day Miami Sports figure if Shaq goes to the Heat? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who would be the biggest present day Miami Sports figure if Shaq goes to the Heat?

Not even a doubt it would be Shaq. Shaq is the the most dominating force ever in the NBA. This is HUGE for the city of Miami.

But Ricky plays for the more popular team.

Like WQAM said, in South Florida it's the Dolphins and everyone else. I think it would still be Ricky.

The Dolphins are the more popular team in South Florida, but Shaq would be the #1 athlete in the city. He is dominant and is easily one of the most recognizible athletes in American sports.

Proabaly Shaq, just cuz hes more recognizable, especially with Ricky losing his dreads. Although the Dolphins will still b the more poular team, the Heat r growing in fans quickly. Shaq will only add to tht. If the trade isnt a good one(winning wise) for the Heat its certainly a financial sucsess.

Shaq and it's not even close. He is one of the biggest stars in the world.

BTW - we're having a great discussion about the Shaq trade RIGHT HERE

I think the Heat will now be much more popular than the dolphins on a nationwide scale because of shaq. The fins will always be #1 in SOFLA (Well, who knows unless the heat start winning tittles) but the heat will be all over national TV next year...there will be heat jersey's sold everywhere. This is so huge

We have never had a superstar the stature of Shaq in Miami in basketball.This has always been a football town.Maybe things will change if he come on board.Personally I still will be more interested in the Dolphins but the Heat seems to be heading in the right direction.Exciting young stars plus a top notch veteran if it works out.

I dont think Ricky can ever be a national star on Shaqs level simply because basketball players are always bigger stars since it is more of an individual game. But if Ricky won us a super bowl I think he would be a lot more popular in South FLorida. For me personally, I root for all the South Florida teams including the canes but the dolphins are an obsession. When the Marlins or Canes win a championship its nice but if the dolphins won it would be the greatest day of my life.

this question cannot be answered until we see what each team does... ricky is definitely in the position with most potential considering the phins are the biggest thing in miami....and its not even the popularity of the team its just the sport, the NFL is life. so if the dolphins win the super bowl then hands down it is ricky, but if the phins disappoint again and the heat ride the big diesel to a championship then the bandwagon nature of the majority of miami fans will lead shaq to be the bigger figure. but not bigger than josh beckett or pudge.... LOL :roflmao:

Dolphinizzle said:
Shaq is the the most popular name in all of sports today.
I dont know about that I think there are couple athletes who are more popular. Like Lebron, Tiger, and maybe even Vick.

Back
Top Bottom