Whoa, A New Sparano? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whoa, A New Sparano?

The Jets are down with us. In the most recent season the Jets were 8-8 with 0 playoff wins. The Jets won 2 more games than the Dolphins did. If you are lumping us in with the Browns then the Jets also get lumped in with the Dolphins.

2009-2011: Jets 2 playoff apps, 4 playoff wins

Miami- 0 and 0
Cle- 0 and 0
Oak- 0 and 0

see why you belong w/ those teams and not w/ us?

2008- present:
Jets and Fins: 1 legitimate post season without the benefit of facing teams playing meaningless games
Fins: 1 Divisional Championship in a year when the division had 3 winning teams; Jets: no divisional championships
Fins: 1 legit winning season in 4; Jets: 2 legit winning seasons in 4 leading to 2 legit, earned PO wins

So by those standards, indeed the jest have been better, but unless you're the kind of person who'd rather get food stamps than work for your food, the jest have been only marginally better.

And that's the unvarnished non-homeristic, non TGG mutually circle-jerking truth!

Miami- 0 and 0
Cle- 0 and 0
Oak- 0 and 0

What does 2 years ago have to do with the most recent season?

Dolphins 0-0
Jets 0-0
Browns 0-0
Raiders 0-0

What does 2 years ago have to do with the most recent season?

Dolphins 0-0
Jets 0-0
Browns 0-0
Raiders 0-0

ok then I guess we can erase 2011 then too so we are 0-0 w/ the Pats too.

Either way we have been better than you consistently for a decade and we were better than you last year too.

ok then I guess we can erase 2011 then too so we are 0-0 w/ the Pats too.

Either way we have been better than you consistently for a decade and we were better than you last year too.

How many Super Bowls have the Jets been to in those 10 years? Lol!

Yes you can. 2011 has as much to do with this upcoming season as 2009 and 2010 does. Zip! The Jets were a Tony Romo choke job and a Stevie Johnson dropped pass away from having the exact same record as the Dolphins. We are both a good bit behind the Patriots.

How many Super Bowls have the Jets been to in those 10 years? Lol!

Yes you can. 2011 has as much to do with this upcoming season as 2009 and 2010 does. Zip! The Jets were a Tony Romo choke job and a Stevie Johnson dropped pass away from having the exact same record as the Dolphins. We are both a good bit behind the Patriots.

yep we were a dropped pass and a Tony Romo choke job away blah, blah, blah. As we know only the jets win close games or pull out games late. So is it safe to say you were a couple of bad Sanchez INTs away from going 5-11? we can all play this silly game.

yep we were a dropped pass and a Tony Romo choke job away blah, blah, blah. As we know only the jets win close games or pull out games late. So is it safe to say you were a couple of bad Sanchez INTs away from going 5-11? we can all play this silly game.

You keep acting like the Jets are way above the Dolphins and they aren't. The Jets pulled out some close wins and the Dolphins lost some close games. The difference between the Jets being 6-10 and the Dolphins being 8-8 is just a couple of plays. It is not the same as comparing the Jets or Dolphins to the Patriots. If it makes you feel better......have at it. I like to live in reality.

You keep acting like the Jets are way above the Dolphins and they aren't. The Jets pulled out some close wins and the Dolphins lost some close games. The difference between the Jets being 6-10 and the Dolphins being 8-8 is just a couple of plays. It is not the same as comparing the Jets or Dolphins to the Patriots. If it makes you feel better......have at it. I like to live in reality.

of course they are or at least they have been. Maybe Miami turns out to be better this year? not likely but it could happen but we know the Jets have been significantly better in recent years. It's not debateable.

of course they are or at least they have been. Maybe Miami turns out to be better this year? not likely but it could happen but we know the Jets have been significantly better in recent years. It's not debateable.

Have been is the key word. I don't dwell in the past and go on the most recent thing I have to go on which is 2011. The Jets and Dolphins were real close in 2011. I think it is a crap shoot to call who will finish second or last in this division in 2012.

Miami- 0 and 0
Cle- 0 and 0
Oak- 0 and 0

Says the guy who believes the Jets are in the realm of the Ravens, Steelers, Giants, Packers, Saints, and Pats. Too funny

Have been is the key word. I don't dwell in the past and go on the most recent thing I have to go on which is 2011. The Jets and Dolphins were real close in 2011. I think it is a crap shoot to call who will finish second or last in this division in 2012.

we weren't real close in 2011, you guys were 0-7 and out of the race by october, we were in the race the last few weeks. The fact that you were "only" 2 games behind doesn't show the true distance btw the teams. It's like a team up 35-0 then their opponent scores some pts in the 4th qtr to make it 35-24- it looks closer than it actually was.

Says the guy who believes the Jets are in the realm of the Ravens, Steelers, Giants, Packers, Saints, and Pats. Too funny

I don't believe I KNOW.

2009-2011 playoff wins:

NYJ 4
NYG 4
GB 4
NO 4
Bal 3
NE 2
Pitt 2

I understand your jealousy of seeing a hated rival have success but try and be honest please.

we weren't real close in 2011, you guys were 0-7 and out of the race by october, we were in the race the last few weeks. The fact that you were "only" 2 games behind doesn't show the true distance btw the teams. It's like a team up 35-0 then their opponent scores some pts in the 4th qtr to make it 35-24- it looks closer than it actually was.

The Dolphins had a horrible start for multiple reasons but it doesn't matter how you start it matters how you finish. You could tell both teams were real close by how they played the games. The Dolphins played the Cowboys, Patriots, Broncos, Giants and Eagles tougher then the Jets did. The Jets are an average 8-8 team. The Dolphins are an average 7-9 team. I don't know what each team will be in 2012 but they are pretty much starting on equal footing.

I don't believe I KNOW.

2009-2011 playoff wins:

NYJ 4
NYG 4
GB 4
NO 4
Bal 3
NE 2
Pitt 2

I understand your jealousy of seeing a hated rival have success but try and be honest please

Which team in that list is the only team to not make the playoffs in 2011? Lol!!

Back
Top Bottom