Whoa, A New Sparano? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whoa, A New Sparano?

Apparently, the Jets would get an extra special one because they won some playoff games on the road, you know, the place where elite teams play?

Apparently indeed. It's great they've gotten to where they did twice in the last three years which as was pointed out 2,500 times..is greater than any other team in the huge 3-year span. Yet not winning anything even with these accomplishments just shows how silly the chest-pumping is.

Last place rings would look the same as the rings the Dolphins and Jets would get. You know, not Super Bowl rings.

Stop lumping us in w/ you, you are down w/ the Bills, Browns, Raiders and teams like that.

So, what did your FO do to fix the OL problems? Oh, yeah, they traded for Tim Tebow!!! :sidelol:

What have the Jests done exactly to improve their team?
  • They hired a near-virgin OC.
  • They traded for a backup QB who will cause locker room issues when their starting QB craps the bed, but will be worse than Sanchez when he actually gets to start.
  • They signed one oft-injured safety and then signed an ancient one, and both of them suck in pass coverage.
  • They did NOT bother to draft a single OL prospect until the 6th round. Who's your backup C again?
  • They drafted a 4-3 DE with a questionable work ethic and a WR who has all of 45 catches in his college career, and expect both to contribute early.
  • They did NOT bother to draft a RB until the 6th round even though they want to be a run-first team. Shonn Greene wouldn't even make the Bills. He wouldn't start on the Fins, either, and maybe NOT make the team because the WCO requires RBs who can catch the ball.

The fact is that most of the Jests' holes from last season remain the same going into this season. Replacing an experienced OC with Tony Sparano who seems to have gotten his last two gigs simply because he's a Parcells' pal is NOT going to make Wayne Hunter a better RT nor Shonn Greene a better RB nor Mark Sanchez/Tim Tebow better QBs.

For one we didn't overpay for big names.

The OL is healthier which is a key. Remember, this exact same OL started in the AFC div round and Championship 2 years ago so it can't be that bad, right? Whatt hey did was address the depth of the OL so if Mangold goes down again we don't have a guy off the street starting.

How did we get better?

-opening day last year 3 of Sanchez's top weapons were Plax, Mason and LT. 2 of the 3 are retired and Plax can't find work so drafting Hill, signing Schilens and getting Holmes head right vastly improve the O.
-Acquiring Tebow. he will play a Brad Smith role on O making it more difficult to prepare for our O. he will not cause problems b/c there's no competition at QB, it's Sanchez's team.
-Drafted Coples, now we have 2 young DEs, we get a healthy DeVito back, Bart Scott is slimmed down and hopefulyl back to normal, we upgraded the safeties and most importantly Rex will be calling the defense again.

Stop w/ the questionable work ethic nonsese about Coples. UNC had 20+ guys suspended the last 2 years going from title contender to nothing b/c of it. That will upset any player and he still produced despite all the turmoil and despit being the main focus of oppsoing Os.

Tim Tebow will be our 2nd leading rusher and he will run the ball out of base sets. Greene got over 1,000 yds and averaged 4.2 YPC in a year where our OL stunk.

To say Green wouldn't make the Bills or start in Miami is as asinine as it gets.

Well let's see, over more than half the year, the Fins were superior to the jest, going 6-3 with about a +85 scoring differential while the jest went 4-5 with a +5 differential. Even the teams we lost to, Denver and the Giants, we played tougher than the jest. Our 2 experienced QBs are better than your 2; just like us losing, you getting Sparano, with our line rid of Carey and Columbo while yours still has a declining deBrick and Hunter, not to mention now a healthy Jake Long for the first time in 3 seasons, it's clearly "addition by subtraction." And our clubhouse didn't implode while a fat coach fiddled, flashed birds and told fans to eff off. So bottom-line, your opinion that Fins are to be counted among the league's 3 worst teams has no credibility or traction unless, by comparison, you add your own jest to that threesome. I know, I know, "misery loves company" and all of that but just because some morons on jest forums are wishfully deluding themselves into thinking that, doesn't mean that the real, objective world does. :idk:

Oh, and you do realize that in 08, The Meatball was a HC in training with The Tuna calling all the shots, probably down to field transmissions. And his much ballyhoo'ed Dallas offensive playcalling was really 66% of the yardage derived from Todd Haley's play design and receivers including Glenn, TO and Witten. Do the Jets come close to those..or even RBs like Jones in his prime and a fresh legged Marion Barber? I think not.

Is a seasoon 16 games? is it so bad you are breaking it down to half seasons? and half seasons where your team was dead and had nothing to play for? The excuses continue...

Shonn Green has averaged 4.3 YPC for his career
Marion Barber 4.1
Julius Jones 4.0

Good points. I always wondered what role Parcells played in the Fins 2008 success. When he moved up to be the Jests GM, he wanted Belichick as his puppet HC but ol' Bill wanted to be his own man, so Parcells settled for Al Groh. Sparano really had no qualifications to be a HC in 2008 except that he was buddy-buddy with Parcells. Once Parcells was gone, Sparano's "coaching genius" vanished (as Parcells' "coaching genius" vanished when Belichick left his supporting/puppet role).

You are going to believe mr. excuse maker? This was a guy 2 years ago telling me how much better Sparano was than Rex.

Parcells was still w/ the team in 2009, right? how come they went 7-9? a year later w/ Parcells gone they went 7-9. Don't fall for another vaarky excuse.

I saw how Nublar got absued by your fellow TGG circle-jerking delusionalists when he courteously came in to politely enumerate why Fasano being cut was likely a wishful thinking pipedream. That place is a joke and goes far to explain how your homeristic views get reinforced to a point where you actually think your servings of ridiculous translates into the sublime.

Oh and in 09, haven't you been using, ad nauseum, 4 out of last 5 games the jest played (although unfortunately the opposing teams didn't play in 2 of 'em) to make a choking (atl at home) 7-7 team with a recent 6-7 losing streak into something everyone who doesn't don the puke green thick goggles know that they';re not? IMO a 9 game stretch with better QB play and upgrades or improved health in most positions is more indicative than a 4 game stretch where some unworthy team stepped in ****. :idk:

And beyond that, using that season where Rex essentially turned a 9-7 legit team into a 7-7-2 team beating teams with a sub .350 winning percentage to declare this out of touch buffoonish coach who essentially had 1 legit winning season out of 3 and no div titles one of the league's better coaches? More junky delusions :idk:

I saw how Nublar got absued by your fellow TGG circle-jerking delusionalists when he courteously came in to politely enumerate why Fasano being cut was likely a wishful thinking pipedream. That place is a joke and goes far to explain how your homeristic views get reinforced to a point where you actually think your servings of ridiculous translates into the sublime.

Oh and in 09, haven't you been using, ad nauseum, 4 out of last 5 games the jest played (although unfortunately the opposing teams didn't play in 2 of 'em) to make a choking (atl at home) 7-7 team with a recent 6-7 losing streak into something everyone who doesn't don the puke green thick goggles know that they';re not? IMO a 9 game stretch with better QB play and upgrades or improved health in most positions is more indicative than a 4 game stretch where some unworthy team stepped in ****. :idk:

And beyond that, using that season where Rex essentially turned a 9-7 legit team into a 7-7-2 team beating teams with a sub .350 winning percentage to declare this out of touch buffoonish coach who essentially had 1 legit winning season out of 3 and no div titles one of the league's better coaches? More junky delusions :idk:

You calling someone a homer:lol:

I don't know what happened w/ Nublar but i know we have a bunch of opposing fans that post there regularly.

Please translate that 2nd paragraph to English.

I don't know what happened w/ Nublar but i know we have a bunch of opposing fans that post there regularly.

Please translate that 2nd paragraph to English.

I'll let someone who doesn't speak "homer" and can better objectively process reality, translate the hypocrisy of your deflection.

It wasn't that bad, I did try to explain to them in a friendly manner that they were wrong in their thoughts that Fasano was on the verge of being released and that the Jets were going to pick him up as a backup. I gave them reasons why he wouldn't be cut and their response was basically that I was wrong and that they know more about the Dolphins and how the new offense will work. I kindly explained that I likely would know more on the subject then they would since I follow the Dolphins and their offseason program closer than they do. Just like they(and you junc) would know more about how the Jets offseason is going and if certain players are on the bubble. A couple were receptive and actually agreed with me, but quite a few responded with childish responses and name calling like "d-bag".

I have been a member of Gang Green forums since 2005, and including the 5 posts I made in that thread my grand total on the site is now 9. Only 9 total posts in 7 years, I don't anticipate making a 10th post any time soon. I do understand now why you spend so much time on FinHeaven, the quality here is light years ahead of Gang Green.

Stop lumping us in w/ you, you are down w/ the Bills, Browns, Raiders and teams like that.

False. In terms of getting to and winning the Super Bowl, your team is as ****ty as mine.

It wasn't that bad, I did try to explain to them in a friendly manner that they were wrong in their thoughts that Fasano was on the verge of being released and that the Jets were going to pick him up as a backup. I gave them reasons why he wouldn't be cut and their response was basically that I was wrong and that they know more about the Dolphins and how the new offense will work. I kindly explained that I likely would know more on the subject then they would since I follow the Dolphins and their offseason program closer than they do. Just like they(and you junc) would know more about how the Jets offseason is going and if certain players are on the bubble. A couple were receptive and actually agreed with me, but quite a few responded with childish responses and name calling like "d-bag".

I have been a member of Gang Green forums since 2005, and including the 5 posts I made in that thread my grand total on the site is now 9. Only 9 total posts in 7 years, I don't anticipate making a 10th post any time soon. I do understand now why you spend so much time on FinHeaven, the quality here is light years ahead of Gang Green.

It's tough when you are an opposing fan b/c people automatically assume stuff based ont he team you like and some don't want to see opposing fans.

I have posted on many boards throught he years, one thing I have learned is all are pretty similar. I think this one and the ganggreen are great sites but you will always have your homers, your negative folks, a few opposing fans and those that are fair.

False. In terms of getting to and winning the Super Bowl, your team is as ****ty as mine.

In terms of winning playoff games you are down w/ Buf, Cincy, Cle, Oak, etc...

Yes. You get to enjoy a few more wins than I do with my average team. Well done.

Your current run is like our 1987-2006 run, I've lived it. I know the last few years have been so much better than that. We didn't win it all or even make a SB but we got close and played a ton of big games. My memories of going to Foxoboro and even to Pitt for the title game are great memories I'll always have. It sure beat the heck out of going 8-8 and missing the playoffs last year.

Your current run is like our 1987-2006 run, I've lived it. I know the last few years have been so much better than that. We didn't win it all or even make a SB but we got close and played a ton of big games. My memories of going to Foxoboro and even to Pitt for the title game are great memories I'll always have. It sure beat the heck out of going 8-8 and missing the playoffs last year.

Okay. I've never once said the Dolphins have been a good team. I've said they haven't been elite since the early 70s...if ever.

That doesn't mean I can't criticize other teams for their not being good enough to make it to the Super Bowl.

Okay. I've never once said the Dolphins have been a good team. I've said they haven't been elite since the early 70s...if ever.

That doesn't mean I can't criticize other teams for their not being good enough to make it to the Super Bowl.

You can criticize all you want.

Its funny how quick you are to defend Brian Schottenheimer. Im sure you wouldn't be singing his praises if he was still a Jet coach. He lead a powerful rushing offense because the offensive line was absolutely stacked in 09. Schotty was called out multiple times throughout the years. He was living off his last name. It finally came to a head in 2011 when the guy absolutely needed to go. The funny thing is, it wasn't only Jet fans that knew he sucked. As far as Sparano goes, im sure you were calling him a loser in 08 when he lead your Phins to one of the flukiest division title wins ever. Like I said, he wasn't my first choice, but he is certainly deserving a shot as OC.

And yes, the Dolphins certainly can be a bottom 3 team in the NFL next year. And guess what? Im not the only person who thinks so. Sure there were 9 other teams in the NFL with the same/worse record as last year. Please tell me, how have the Dolphins improved their squad from last year? Oh right, they haven't. No Peyton, no Flynn, then reach on Tannehill. If he doesn't pan out, then LOL. Please go visit a neutral forum to get some real perspective on where your team is at. You reek of homer. I said the Jets are a middle of the pack team, which they are. The Dolphins are not. Their easily bottom 10 as of right now.

Who is defending Schotty or singing his praises? Don't confuse disagreeing that Sparano is an upgrade over Schotyy as defending or singing Schotty's praises. I simply said that he ran an offense that was ranked #1 in rushing and carried a crappy QB to playoff wins. What is funny is that when the Jets had a great rushing attack that enabled them to win playoff games all you Jets fans kept calling for Schotty to open up the offense and let the Sanchise do more. You should have been careful for what you wished for. There was something like 140 more pass attempts and 160 less rushing attempts than there was in 09 and things didn't go so well. Sancheezy couldn't cut it and Schotty became the scape goat. I told you that Sparano has never been a part of a single playoff win and your come back is that you are sure I was calling him a loser in 2008? You go on to call his lone successful season a fluke but are certain he is an upgrade over Schotty. Lol!!!

I don't need to get into to why the Dolphins will not be a bottom 3 team this year. Vaark and Kinzua made good points, so you can just re-read those. At least you recognize that the Jets are an average team. That is more than I can say for some... Cough...nyjunc...cough. What you fail to realize is that the Dolphins are right behind them. The Jets drafted at the #16 spot due to tie breakers in strength of schedule. They drafted ahead of 3 teams that were also 8-8 and 2 more teams that had just 1 less win. They were inches away from being a bottom 13 team.

The Jets are down with us. In the most recent season the Jets were 8-8 with 0 playoff wins. The Jets won 2 more games than the Dolphins did. If you are lumping us in with the Browns then the Jets also get lumped in with the Dolphins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom