Who's Going To The Final Four? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's Going To The Final Four?

I have Florida over Memphis in the Finals (Championship Game).....can't remember the other two in my final four.

MikeO said:
3 #1's haven't made it to the final four in like 20+ years or something. Let alone 4!

4 has never happened but 3 has happended 3 times since 1993. In '93 the best FF field ever w/ 3 1's and a 2(1's UNC, Mich, UK and the 2 was KU), in '97 3 1's and a 4(1's UNC, Minny, UK and the 4 was 'Zona) and '99 3 1's and a 4 although the 4's record was just stripped(OSU). the 3 1's in '99 were UConn, duke and MSU.

I got lucky yesterday, 2 of my 4 FF picks escaped(Indiana and BC). My other 2 are UConn and LSU.

Florida, UConn, Duke and drumroll please... Alabama

Duke over UConn is the final game

MikeO said:
3 #1's haven't made it to the final four in like 20+ years or something. Let alone 4!

Coincidence does not equal causation. #1 seeds still advance to the Final Four more than any other. I'm nearly certain we haven't had 3 #2 seeds in the Final Four during that same period, or 3 #3s, or for that matter 3 of ANY of the same seed in the Final Four in that time. Duke's fate in the Atlanta bracket has absolutely nothing to do with Connecticut's fate in the DC bracket.

Edit: I see nyjunc has completely disproven the fallacy that 3 #1s can't make the Final Four. I should have read farther before responding.

In any event, you have to judge the teams against their competition in that particular year. Does anyone in their right mind SERIOUSLY doubt that Duke, Connecticut and Villanova, in some order, were the three best teams in college ball this year? IMHO, it's insanity to pick anyone else from those brackets to make the Final Four.

As I said, I think Memphis is simply blessed with a weak bracket. I don't think they're appreciably better than Texas or OSU. But they are better than UCLA, and now Kansas is gone from that bracket.

phunwin said:
In any event, you have to judge the teams against their competition in that particular year. Does anyone in their right mind SERIOUSLY doubt that Duke, Connecticut and Villanova, in some order, were the three best teams in college ball this year? IMHO, it's insanity to pick anyone else from those brackets to make the Final Four.
'

Well, UCLA doesn't have to leave their home state in the 1st two rounds. That is a huge home court advantage. Which is why I picked them for the final 4. LSU (aside from UCONN) has the most raw talent on a single team, which is why I picked them in their bracket (plus I think Duke can be had). I picked UCONN (now I wish I didn't) for the same reason, raw talent. And as long as Ray's eye stays in his head I like Nova in that region.

The Vols loose after they barely beat Winthrop! Alot of teams have not looked really good, Or alot of underdogs trying to get the job done!

nick1 said:
Florida, UConn, Duke and drumroll please... Alabama

Hope you didn't put any money into a bracket pool.

If you did, take heart, I actually had THREE guys in my pool put Kansas in the Final Four.

NBA GM's should get a look at 2 great young PG's today in Rondo and Williams.. I like Rondo, but for the life of me I can't believe this guy is ranked higher than Marcus Williams, other than the fact he plays much better D..

GreenMonster said:
NBA GM's should get a look at 2 great young PG's today in Rondo and Williams.. I like Rondo, but for the life of me I can't believe this guy is ranked higher than Marcus Williams, other than the fact he plays much better D..

I would think it's at least partly because no one really expects Williams to declare for the draft. Also, Williams' "character flaws" may have something to do with it. You can't go stealing computers and expect people to forget about it right away.

So long, Heels. If Georgetown loses today, it'll be a great day for ol' Phunwin.

phunwin said:
Hope you didn't put any money into a bracket pool.

If you did, take heart, I actually had THREE guys in my pool put Kansas in the Final Four.
no I just did it for fun

GreenMonster said:

I think Rondo should go back to UK for another year, he would be a 1st rd pick but he needs to become a more consistent offensive player.

Here was my prediction for the Final Four...Memphis over Duke and Conn over Florida with Memphis beating Conn for the Championship...Memphis is my team and everyone is saying that they had the easiest bracket...Even though 2 of 3 losses were top 7 teams and the other was top 20 team...They are very quick and they have games where they can simply dominate and I think that they will

Well, if Memphis had the easiest bracket coming in, they certainly don't now. Connecticut's road to the Final Four has practically been paved. Washington and then either Wichita State or George Mason? The only challenge will be getting sloppy (admittedly, a concern for those of us that picked UConn to win it all).

Meanwhile, after they dispose of Bradley, Memphis will get either UCLA or Gonzaga, either of whom are likely to essentially be a home team in Oakland. No easy chore.

phunwin said:
Well, if Memphis had the easiest bracket coming in, they certainly don't now. Connecticut's road to the Final Four has practically been paved. Washington and then either Wichita State or George Mason? The only challenge will be getting sloppy (admittedly, a concern for those of us that picked UConn to win it all).

Meanwhile, after they dispose of Bradley, Memphis will get either UCLA or Gonzaga, either of whom are likely to essentially be a home team in Oakland. No easy chore.

As a Uconn fan I drool over the rest of our bracket.. The Huskies of Wash are decent but we should win, and then we get a mid major to goto the F4.. Again sloppy play today stopped a blowout from happening.. Josh Boone has gotten worse somehow as the year has gone on.. Can't say that for most players..

Back
Top Bottom