Who's our next best option at OL? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's our next best option at OL?

NJPHIN34

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I don't know much about the OL on the market right now. I'm basically goin on what I read from you guys. Everyone seemed to really like D. Mciontosh and I was excited about getting him but now with him failing his physical where do we go? I know some people really like C. Coleman, but how was the Tampa line last year, I thought they weren't that good? Also, a lot of people like B. Williams from philly who Ive really never heard of? And I've heard of Brown and how he gets penalties alot and he is old, is he really an upgrade or a stop gap? Just wondering what you guys thought, cuz I'm in the dark a little here.

The Dolphins will go after O.Brown for sure now that McIntosh is no longer in thier plans.

If Brown will sign for the minimum then I'm all for it, but I really don't think we can expect much from a guy who doesn't rate higher then Jaime Nails.

The guy is old, prone to stupid drive killing penalties, that said, he really is the only viable option at OT outside of McIntosh. It's almsot to the point where you have think about considering McIntosh at an incentive laiden rate and draft an OT in the third round.

Originally posted by Section126
Ephraim Salaam is the next best OT.

Bobbie Williams is a solid Guard.

I agree on Salaam, but I still like Coleman at guard.

Coleman is a G, which are easier to replace. Wade and McIntosh are RT, which the only one currently on our roster is Greg Jerman.

Brown is the last remaining fairly solid RT in FA

Salaam sucks period.

Salaam was terrible in Atlanta.He was a terrible pass blocker and he also isn't that good in the run blocking.Also has had past knee injuries.
The reason the Broncos signed him was the fact he has quick feet.
The Broncos OL philosphy is on quickness and technique and that is why they have the lightest OL in the league.
And the reason the Broncos cut him besides his salary is they got last years 1st pick George Foster waiting in the wings.

I would rather bring back Brent Smith who is FA then sign Salaam.

You watch the Dolphins will sign Brown.

Salaam isn't that good. He's not a good run blocker & is okay in pass protection. Unless we can work things out with McIntosh there are no longer term RT's available. Orlando Brown is the next best.

Spencer Falou is solid also Salaam is good. Solomon Page is very solid at either guard or tackle also. Contrary to popular belief there is still alot of very solid olinmen out there.

Faloau is decent but I'm not so sure he'd come back here. Page is an underachiever.

Brown will most likely be the player signed, but IMO we need to bring in a young player that can step in quickly......

Originally posted by 4THand10
Salaam sucks period.

Salaam was terrible in Atlanta.He was a terrible pass blocker and he also isn't that good in the run blocking.Also has had past knee injuries.

Well, other than that he is Great............

:roflmao:

Originally posted by FinaticPatch
Spencer Falou is solid also Salaam is good. Solomon Page is very solid at either guard or tackle also. Contrary to popular belief there is still alot of very solid olinmen out there.

Folau? You just brought up bad memories from a few years ago. Really bad memories. :(

Folau was our starting left tackle a few years ago and he was awful. I would not want him to come back.

Why not go after Bober to Play Center and move McKinney to RG. that will give McKinney a ton of game experience and you can move him later if it's warranted.

Back
Top Bottom