Who's our next best option at OL? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's our next best option at OL?

Speilman seems to be the master of the conditional pick. Why not offer a 2005 conditional to the Bucs for Kenyatta Walker? He's young athletic and in Gruden's doghouse.

They just brought in Stinchcomb & Deese so he will be on the bench. IMO it's woth a shot, the knock on him is that he draws silly penalties, well brown does that also. I'd rather have a younger player with a huge upside than one with no upside.

If he pans out we gain a solid player.

Fin fan makes a solid point. Walker would be interesting, but he too, like Orlando Brown is a fan of the yellow flag.

The best available T prospects are RFA's like Kareem McKenzie or Ryan Diem, or UFA's like John St Clair or Sammy Williams, or perhaps a RFA punt on Floyd Womack. The McIntosh physical was a huge setback for the team because the FA plan had been working like a dream to that point. They like Greg Robinson Randall as well.

At G, Coleman is still there - his agent wanted too much money. Now Philly's Bobby Williams can play RT - it's his more natural spot - and Coleman could play RG if that's what we decide to do. Kelvin Garmon is a big space eater also.

Like I said though, the McIntosh thing is a pain.

Well, i think we should go after Bobbie Williams to play RG and if we don't get anyone else then we can go with Carey in the draft and let him play T where he played better in his junior year than he did as a guard last year. Anothr option is Tony Pape or we can also look at Snee and Locklear. This is hard to take but we need to move on and make the best of it somehow.

Ozzy rules!!

Danny - we simply don't have the picks. There is no way that we ignore WR in the draft, none at all. Snee and Carey and Locklear will all be off the board when we pick in 3.

Maurice - again - Dorsey is a late 1 early 2, with injury problems - foot and shoulder which have some teams red flagging him, plus the fact that since his freshman year he has never really improved.

I was just going to point out Boomer Kareem McKenzie is our next best option I think. Meadows is not very desirable and neither is Orlando Brown.

Kareem McKenzie has actually played pretty well over in Jet-land. I dont know what their cap situation is like but I would imagine he has about a 3rd round tender on him...and it would be worth it to grab a good young RT like him using our 3rd rounder.

If not I think I would rather go with Greg Randall than Orlando Brown. I'm not a big fan of Brown and if we got him he'd be a one year deal then we're back in the same position next year with us possibly having to use a 1st rounder on a tackle.

What do u guys think about signing Mciontosh to a contract loaded with incentives? and then signing O. Brown? would that be any good or just a waste of money? i guess it could provide some depth as well...

I'm all against Orlando Brown CK. I watched a few Ravens games last year and read enough of the Baltimore Sun to know that they weren't happy with him on or off the field. McKenzie would be a solid pick up.

NJ - the failure of his physical means there likely will be no contract.

Many consider Dorsey to be a true Blue Chip OLT prospect and destined to be a Pro Bowl caliber player in the NFL for many years. I would not be at all surprised, if he decides to declare for the 2004 draft, to be selected mid to late first round, even as an underclassman.
Draft X change 2004

Maurice - I have no idea who you think the "many" are. But as someone who has studied the draft and it's players for magazines and online publications for many years, I can ASSURE you that many people DO NOT think Dorsey is a blue chip LT. He, as I said, has not trained on since his freshman year, he takes plays off, he has a longterm shoulder injury and I have NEVER heard any scout or draft expert talk about him as a future Pro Bowler.

In terms of him declaring for the 2004 draft, the date for declaration was January 15th, so you are almost 2 months behind. He did declare.

God... I hope their hand isn't forced into taking OL with the 20th pick. The WRs who'll be there are top ten talents any other year. The OL is thin. Gallery is the only "sure bet" and I'd give that an 85% chance of being true. Andrews sounds like Aaron Gibson. After that...they're all questions (injuries, intestinal fortitude). I hope they just take the WR in the first (R.Williams, Woods, Evans) and go for a Max Starks in the 3rd.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I was just going to point out Boomer Kareem McKenzie is our next best option I think. Meadows is not very desirable and neither is Orlando Brown.

Kareem McKenzie has actually played pretty well over in Jet-land. I dont know what their cap situation is like but I would imagine he has about a 3rd round tender on him...and it would be worth it to grab a good young RT like him using our 3rd rounder.

If not I think I would rather go with Greg Randall than Orlando Brown. I'm not a big fan of Brown and if we got him he'd be a one year deal then we're back in the same position next year with us possibly having to use a 1st rounder on a tackle.

1st round tender on Kareem

Back
Top Bottom