Who's our next best option at OL? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's our next best option at OL?

Hope this doesnt hurt us but the Herald says that the Phins called O.Browns agent this morning and told him they were not interested. This was obviously before the McIntosh debacle. They said he is now talking to 3 other teams and dont know if he will let the Phins back in but if he does his price probably went up.

Thanks Finatic - I missed that tender.

No way Miami goes OL in R1 - Bobbie Williams could shift back to RT and they just sign a Cosey Coleman or Kelvin Garmon. Or they wait till June.

Don't mention Max Starks....ouch.....the name gives me chills.

Chris Bobber is a Solid Center.... but he doesn't play well at the tackle position.

Originally posted by dolphindiehard
Hope this doesnt hurt us but the Herald says that the Phins called O.Browns agent this morning and told him they were not interested. This was obviously before the McIntosh debacle. They said he is now talking to 3 other teams and dont know if he will let the Phins back in but if he does his price probably went up.

If this article is close to correct, we are left with Eprhiam Sallam as the best available ORT in FA.

Bennie Anderson for Guard!!!!!

HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO SAY IT?!?!?!?

Originally posted by Boomer
Danny - we simply don't have the picks. There is no way that we ignore WR in the draft, none at all. Snee and Carey and Locklear will all be off the board when we pick in 3.

Maurice - again - Dorsey is a late 1 early 2, with injury problems - foot and shoulder which have some teams red flagging him, plus the fact that since his freshman year he has never really improved.
Boomer, I agree that we should go WR in the first but if we do end up with 2 picks then we could use the other for the o-line. I think that the guys I mention all belong in the 2nd round but before the 3rd, but sometimes you need to get someone a little eralier cos of a need. The Mack thing has really mess things up for us but we still have a few options.

Ozzy rules!!

Maybe we should look at Greg Randall. ESPN ranks him 1 point behind McIntosh about even with Wade. Young at only 27 so still has promise, started every game for Patriots in2001 when they went to Superbowl and was traded to Texans last year. They want to throw with Carr so he is probably a good run blocker.

I'm siding with those of you saying Greg Randall. There are actually quite a few UFA OT's available but Randall seems to be the way to go, IMHO. Also Bennie Anderson @ G (and Mike Flynn @ C). The Ravens had a nice OL last year.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I was just going to point out Boomer Kareem McKenzie is our next best option I think. Meadows is not very desirable and neither is Orlando Brown.

Kareem McKenzie has actually played pretty well over in Jet-land. I dont know what their cap situation is like but I would imagine he has about a 3rd round tender on him...and it would be worth it to grab a good young RT like him using our 3rd rounder.

If not I think I would rather go with Greg Randall than Orlando Brown. I'm not a big fan of Brown and if we got him he'd be a one year deal then we're back in the same position next year with us possibly having to use a 1st rounder on a tackle.

I wonder why Randall hasn't been considered by us? He is young, and was good enough for the Pats when they won their first SB. He started all year in Houston and the Domanick Davis had his best ypc running to the right.
To me, he is very similar as to strengths and weaknesses as Wade. He is a powerful inline mauler that can get movement at the poa, but can struggle when blocking on the second level or when pass blocking on an island vs a speed rusher. That is the basic book on both Wade and Randall.

I would still feel ok if got Brown for 2-3 year deal, b/c he can still run block very well. He comes back and Lewis rushes for 2k yards. Coincidence? I think not. The rest of the line was the same. Yes he can loose his cool at times and get called for dumb penalties, but Rick just needs to decide if the fact that he an absolute road grader in the run game offsets it a little.
Of the remaining OTs, he'd still be my next choice, followed by Randall, Page, and then Salaam.

Danny - we simply don't have the picks. There is no way that we ignore WR in the draft, none at all. Snee and Carey and Locklear will all be off the board when we pick in 3.

Maurice - again - Dorsey is a late 1 early 2, with injury problems - foot and shoulder which have some teams red flagging him, plus the fact that since his freshman year he has never really improved.

It's a given that Carey will be long gone by our 3rd round pick, but not necessarily Snee and Locklear both. They are the 4th and 5th guards IMO, and guards are traditionally undervalued in the draft.

As for WR, since this is the best and deepest WR draft ever, we can get some good ones further down than usual. There are some really nice looking WRS that will be there in the 4th that would in some drafts be mid 2nds imo.

If we lose Wale and get an extra 1st, then DE is also a need, b/c if we go into next season with our LDEs being Williams and Bowens, or Grigsby, that is asking for trouble IMO. If it were up to me and we get a mid first for Wale, I'm drafting Kenechi Udeze or Will Smith with one first round pick.

That's interesting. Put Seth at LG and get a good starting center in here? Do I smell Ruddy being resigned?

Originally posted by BSQX4
That's interesting. Put Seth at LG and get a good starting center in here? Do I smell Ruddy being resigned?

yeah ya know, all you people are freaking out and we still can get back these guys. Its not the end of the world man. Now will they be willing to do that after there deals got scrapped? i dont know. ruddy was doing everyones taxes and it is tax season.;)

Thanks Finatic - I missed that tender.

No way Miami goes OL in R1 - Bobbie Williams could shift back to RT and they just sign a Cosey Coleman or Kelvin Garmon. Or they wait till June.

Don't mention Max Starks....ouch.....the name gives me chills.

ahh, Max pancaked ya huh?

Back
Top Bottom