Who's Ready For Some Dolphins Primetime Games? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's Ready For Some Dolphins Primetime Games?

Primetime scares me. We have a very bad history of primetime games lately (minus the ravens)

I can promise you this, no matter how bad the Cowgirls are (or the entire NFC east really) those prime time games WILL NOT get moved. The Cowboys are like the Notre Dame football team, no matter where you live in the US, ALL their games will be aired on local TV. Not sure if Jerry Jones has something to with it or not but I get so annoyed and tired of seeing Cowgirls on my local channels in NC. I know lots of Cowboys fans and they tell me they have NEVER had to pay for sunday ticket to watch the cowboys. annoys the crap out of me. "AmErIcAs TeAm!".......its "Americas team" by design.
The ND thing is because there's a contract to air every one of them. Someone at Disney REALLY likes ND. Personally, I can't remember the last time I watched one of their games.

Tua is now a well known player.
The passing game with Hill and Waddle is exciting.
Miami is good entertainment now.
The NFL will make it happen

Yep it’s the one thing that bums me out about this offense. Next year we will have like 5 primetime games plus several 4pm games. I like my 1pmers very much

I can promise you this, no matter how bad the Cowgirls are (or the entire NFC east really) those prime time games WILL NOT get moved. The Cowboys are like the Notre Dame football team, no matter where you live in the US, ALL their games will be aired on local TV. Not sure if Jerry Jones has something to with it or not but I get so annoyed and tired of seeing Cowgirls on my local channels in NC. I know lots of Cowboys fans and they tell me they have NEVER had to pay for sunday ticket to watch the cowboys. annoys the crap out of me. "AmErIcAs TeAm!".......its "Americas team" by design.
Make sure you tell those Cowboys fans that star on their helmet is an Amazon rating, and they should root for a real team like the Dolphins!! Ha!

Very good chance Miami going to be on national tv quite a bit going down the last stretch of the season.

Week 13 Miami @ San Francisco probably gets flexed to SNF. Current SNF game for that week is Indianapolis @ Dallas. Colts have PHI and PIT before that game probably going 1-1 making their record 5-6-1. Doubt the country going to be interested in the mess that is Indy even if they are playing Dallas. If I recall correctly CBS & FOX can protect one game each from being flexed into SNF. CBS will more than likely protect KC @ CIN that week. FOX on the other hand would probably have to make a decision between TEN @ PHI or MIA @ SF. If I was FOX I'd keep MIA/SF.

Week 14 the SNF game is currently KC @ DEN, doubt anyone wants to see Kansas City beat Denver for the umpteenth time, CBS has slim pickings this week, they'll have to decide between NYJ @ BUF or MIA @ LAC, if CBS goes with the former NBC will be all over Tua vs Herbert on Sunday night. FOX will protect Tampa Bay @ San Francisco as nothing else they have that week would be appealing to NBC.

Week 15 SNF is New England @ Las Vegas, doubt that sticks. MIA @ BUF is one of 5 games this week with TBD times. NBC has first pick of these games to flex into sunday night without CBS or FOX being able to protect them, the other 4 games are: BAL @ CLE, IND @ MIN, ATL @ NO & NYG @ WAS. Very good chance Miami @ Buffalo moves to sunday night (brrr)

Week 16 already set in stone to play GB on national tv on Xmas on FOX.

Week 17 is tricky, very few good quality matchups, CBS most likely protects MIA @ NE, current SNF matchup is LAR@ LAC, NBC will probably have to take something from FOX here if they want out of this, either NYJ @ SEA or MIN @ GB.

Week 18 the entire slate is at NBC's disposal: Most likely candidates being NE @ BUF, BAL @ CIN (i think this will be where they go), NYJ @ MIA, or NYG @ PHI

I say Miami gets at least 2 more primetime games in addition to the Xmas day one.
We were talking about this at our post-game tailgate at the Cleveland game. The thought is the Jets @ Miami game gets moved to SNF if both teams are relevant in the playoff chase. The gang thought this could be a deciding game for the AFC east title. Disclaimer is there was adult beverages and we just heard the Vikings beat the Bills.

I have an odd work schedule so that doesn't impact me, but I have always loved them. I remember watching Dan on monday nights in the early 90's and dying to be at the stadium. For some reason as a kid i was fascinated by the lighting and the spiral staircases of Joe Robbie. That stayed with me until we were able to spend a few years in Orlando and got a taste of season tickets. I've loved prime time since Frank, Al and Dan, can't wait for more

I don’t like prime tiMe games. A 1:00pm game lets me start drinking at noon or noon 30. Without a game at 1 I just look like a raging alcoholic.
Hahaha, I know the feeling! Bye weeks REALLY suck for this exact scenario!

I think playing in Primetime is part of how you dictate what the national narrative is going to be.

As wondrous as Miami's recent performances have been, who's watching the Lions, Bears or Browns outside those local markets?

Do it on Sunday or Monday night however, and it's going to change a lot of minds. You want the world's affection? Show them something.

Back
Top Bottom