Who's Ready For Some Dolphins Primetime Games? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's Ready For Some Dolphins Primetime Games?

If primetime games are what turns out to be our achilles heal....**** the playoffs . Id rather let the demons out and burn some ****ing sage . Take a chance on Tua continuing to ball out on national TV to increase his odds of an MVP.....c'mon

I hate late games since I start work so early but it's nice to finally have a team that deserves to play primetime games.

Very good chance Miami going to be on national tv quite a bit going down the last stretch of the season.

Week 13 Miami @ San Francisco probably gets flexed to SNF. Current SNF game for that week is Indianapolis @ Dallas. Colts have PHI and PIT before that game probably going 1-1 making their record 5-6-1. Doubt the country going to be interested in the mess that is Indy even if they are playing Dallas. If I recall correctly CBS & FOX can protect one game each from being flexed into SNF. CBS will more than likely protect KC @ CIN that week. FOX on the other hand would probably have to make a decision between TEN @ PHI or MIA @ SF. If I was FOX I'd keep MIA/SF.

Week 14 the SNF game is currently KC @ DEN, doubt anyone wants to see Kansas City beat Denver for the umpteenth time, CBS has slim pickings this week, they'll have to decide between NYJ @ BUF or MIA @ LAC, if CBS goes with the former NBC will be all over Tua vs Herbert on Sunday night. FOX will protect Tampa Bay @ San Francisco as nothing else they have that week would be appealing to NBC.

Week 15 SNF is New England @ Las Vegas, doubt that sticks. MIA @ BUF is one of 5 games this week with TBD times. NBC has first pick of these games to flex into sunday night without CBS or FOX being able to protect them, the other 4 games are: BAL @ CLE, IND @ MIN, ATL @ NO & NYG @ WAS. Very good chance Miami @ Buffalo moves to sunday night (brrr)

Week 16 already set in stone to play GB on national tv on Xmas on FOX.

Week 17 is tricky, very few good quality matchups, CBS most likely protects MIA @ NE, current SNF matchup is LAR@ LAC, NBC will probably have to take something from FOX here if they want out of this, either NYJ @ SEA or MIN @ GB.

Week 18 the entire slate is at NBC's disposal: Most likely candidates being NE @ BUF, BAL @ CIN (i think this will be where they go), NYJ @ MIA, or NYG @ PHI

I say Miami gets at least 2 more primetime games in addition to the Xmas day one.
Good effort.
Well thought out.
I like it!

No they won’t do a number. Not the number MIA-SF or KC-CIN would do, anyway. That matchup sucks @$$ and the masses won’t care about it.

Despite the narrative to the contrary, the Cowboys aren’t that damned popular. They just haven’t won enough over years to attract younger fans.

I believe GB, PITT, NE, KC and SF all have better followings.

• Las Vegas Raiders vs. Dallas Cowboys (Week 12, CBS) – 40.8 million
  • Dallas Cowboys vs. Kansas City Chiefs (Week 11, FOX) – 28.7 million
  • Cleveland Browns vs. Green Bay Packers (Week 16, FOX+NFLN) – 28.6 million
  • Chicago Bears vs. Detroit Lions (Week 12, FOX) – 28.2 million
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. New England Patriots (Week 4, NBC) – 27.2 million
  • Arizona Cardinals vs. Dallas Cowboys (Week 17, FOX) – 26.8 million
  • Los Angeles Rams vs. Green Bay Packers (Week 12, FOX) – 25.2 million
  • Dallas Cowboys vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Kickoff, NBC) – 25.2 million
  • Green Bay Packers vs. Kansas City Chiefs (Week 9, FOX) – 25.0 million
  • Dallas Cowboys vs. Los Angeles Chargers (Week 2, CBS) – 25.0 million

:shrug:

The Dolphins games won't get flexed due to both the 49ers and the Bills already having played in or scheduled a max of 5 prime time games per season. Because the schedules were so top heavy in terms of prime time games for the Bills and 49ers, the Dolphins don't get to benefit from it.

The Christmas Day game will likely be the lone prime time game left for Miami this season (aside from potential playoff games)

• Las Vegas Raiders vs. Dallas Cowboys (Week 12, CBS) – 40.8 million
  • Dallas Cowboys vs. Kansas City Chiefs (Week 11, FOX) – 28.7 million
  • Cleveland Browns vs. Green Bay Packers (Week 16, FOX+NFLN) – 28.6 million
  • Chicago Bears vs. Detroit Lions (Week 12, FOX) – 28.2 million
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. New England Patriots (Week 4, NBC) – 27.2 million
  • Arizona Cardinals vs. Dallas Cowboys (Week 17, FOX) – 26.8 million
  • Los Angeles Rams vs. Green Bay Packers (Week 12, FOX) – 25.2 million
  • Dallas Cowboys vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Kickoff, NBC) – 25.2 million
  • Green Bay Packers vs. Kansas City Chiefs (Week 9, FOX) – 25.0 million
  • Dallas Cowboys vs. Los Angeles Chargers (Week 2, CBS) – 25.0 million

:shrug:

In all but one they were playing popular opponents, if not more popular.

KC, OAK, TB, LA

You can shrug your shoulders all you want but you didn’t factor that in, clearly. It wasn’t just DAL drawing those numbers.

And they weren’t playing the Colts, Falcons or Jaguars.

In all but one they were playing popular opponents, if not more popular.

KC, OAK, TB, LA

You can shrug your shoulders all you want but you didn’t factor that in, clearly. It wasn’t just DAL drawing those numbers.

And they weren’t playing the Colts, Falcons or Jaguars.

Guess everyone was tuning in to watch the Vikings last week?
The Cowboys have headlined the three most-watched windows of the season, with the Week 2 national window (Dallas-Cincinnati in most markets) ranking third at 27.39 million.
Take the L, you're patently, latently, and statistically wrong

No, not ”period”. Because to us West Coast’ers it’s always been 10am and 1pm ;)

For those in Hawaii or Alaska, it’s an hour or two earlier.
I hated that when I lived in AZ. Games were never televised and I always had to go to a bar and start drinking at 10am...

Since I first started watching the Dolphins, there's always been a stigma about playing on national TV.

Well, here's the thing: this team will eventually play good football on national TV during primetime. It's the only way they will ever win a Superbowl. Time to rip the band aid off clean.
I agree with this statement. McD has this team battle tested and if we are going to contend for the super bowl every year then we need ro get over this stigma of playing on national TV. I say we go out and show the world just what we have in Miami

The Dolphins games won't get flexed due to both the 49ers and the Bills already having played in or scheduled a max of 5 prime time games per season. Because the schedules were so top heavy in terms of prime time games for the Bills and 49ers, the Dolphins don't get to benefit from it.

The Christmas Day game will likely be the lone prime time game left for Miami this season (aside from potential playoff games)

Sorry but this is 100% wrong

We will be flexed for the Buffalo game. What we don't know is if it will be Sunday night or Saturday

Also you never know about the Pats and Jets game depending on how important they are but for sure we get one flex

Back
Top Bottom