Who's the next 2012 qb to win the superbowl ??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's the next 2012 qb to win the superbowl ???

FWIW, our D is much closer than any of the others to being really good. IF we plug up the middle, and Ellerbe, Wheeler, and Jones play like 2012 vs 2013, we will not be as good as Seattle or SF but, potentially better than any in the AFC. Just a thought.

Several times over the last twenty years we have had a "good" defense, but we have never been close to being "insanely great" like the Super Bowl champion Seahawk, Raven or Bucs teams. Having a "good" defense isn't enough. If we are going to take the "defense" path to the championship, then we will need to be just as good as Seattle or SF.

Other than Wilson again, I'd say Foles is next likely. I'm not sure it's close to third.

Philadelphia was quietly 5th in the league in YPPA Differential despite a slow start. They were actually higher than that over the final half of the season.

The Eagles did something that is often a tipoff to future success: They won games by wide, wide margin, which is rare in the NFL. Six of their 10 victories were by double digits.

They also have terrific rushing attempt numbers and a coach who understands how important that is.

Besides, Foles put up amazing numbers, some of the best ever. It's severely unlikely he can match those numbers again but even with a normal regression the Eagles are in good shape. They need to improve their pass defense.

The Eagles are still somewhat underrated because the opponent they faced in the playoffs was even more underrated, the Saints and their +1.6 YPPA Differential. For a first round playoff game, that was two excellent teams. The Colts and Chiefs played on the same weekend with both teams at a ridiculous -.6 YPPA Differential. That was identical to the Dolphins.

Wilson - Foles - Luck. Tannehill is a distant 4th with Robert Griffin Jr. Jr. being an even further distant 5th.

The Eagles are in good cap shape too, they could be a force next season.

Anyone saying Tannehill is a homer. Including you Nublar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom