Who's your 2017 draft dream target ??? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's your 2017 draft dream target ???

Agreed that this defense won't allow Peppers to showcase his versatility. Great season to switch to that 4-2-5 that more and more teams are adopting from college ball. Peppers would be ideal for that.

Love the player. Can't see the fit. But I guess this is a dream scenario, right?

Certainly would be.

Cardinals run a 4-2-5 with a Will that is essentially a 6th DB and were top 10 in rushing yardage and #2 vs yds per carry with 3.6. Difference with them is their a zone blitzing defense which is an ideal system fit for converting what used to be a subpackage into their base.

The most ironic statement made last offseason was that our defense was "built to play from behind". What a farce that was as we carried a league low 9 dbs on the roster. Jets had the lowest number to begin the season w/ 8 but soon added DB's Ronald Martin & Nick Marshall and overall the league average was around 10.5, IIRC.

How can you claim to be a team defending a lead but be so unprepared to face an enhanced passing attack? That can't be done effectively or properly by building thru a 4-3 front.

We must have a more versatile scheme to continue to improve as a team. So much of the game is played before the snap. The ability to disguise coverage and/or confuse the protection count is crucial and that type of flexibility just isn't available in our outdated system. Every other scheme with the exception of the old 46, offer these options at a greater variety than the straight-forward "attack" philosophy we use. 4-3 Under, 3-4, 4-2, all of 'em allow more leeway in position prototypes, too.

Anyways, time to take my head out of the clouds and stop dreaming. At least for one more year I hope.

That he did. Mack owned him off the release every time.

Given the redirect that mack showed off the los vs press and that x howard couldnt match and only eli apple could I would expect mack to drop some sweet short area quickness time at the combine

He looked like a future first round pick on 2015 tape...if i recall correctly he torched the clemson db too that i wanna say minnesota drafted in the 2nd round

That unc tape with x howard really turned me off on his college tape...of course i was expecting more true press in miamis future at the time with the scheme...something we didnt get much of and a scheme that seemed to favor off skill sets more than anything else just with plus size on the boundary

Of course some of that off and facing the play as long as possible may have been about run deficiencies around the cornerbacks...cant be ruled out

I always liked Mack. I still don't understand why he was so underutilized at UNC. He was money off the line to beat press and was great at clearing his defender for deep balls. I do want to see him workout and change of direction testing numbers since he was used mainly as a vertical threat.

I like Hollins and Tennesee's Josh Malone. A number of projections have Hollins going undrafted. I would love to add him as an undrafted free agent. He's the kind of player you groom for the fifth or sixth receiver spot. He's also a willing special teams player.

How the heck is mack hollins a udfa value? That would have to be injury related as in career outlook poor or something

How the heck is mack hollins a udfa value? That would have to be injury related as in career outlook poor or something

I think he ended the 2016 season with a collarbone injury and missed half the season. For what it's worth NFL Draft Scout currently has him ranked 57 in the receiver class. I think he should be much higher. He will be at the combine it will be interesting to see where his health is and what he runs in the 40.

I think he ended the 2016 season with a collarbone injury and missed half the season. For what it's worth NFL Draft Scout currently has him ranked 57 in the receiver class. I think he should be much higher. He will be at the combine it will be interesting to see where his health is and what he runs in the 40.

Well i never keyed him but he torched the hell out of some high 2016 corner picks in 2015

I like the fact that Hollins and Malone are 6'3 210 pound receivers that would make for big targets that can also stretch the field some. They would be interesting opposite Parker. While I'm not as down on the Carroo pick as most, these are the type players that can be added later in a draft that make more sense when thinking in terms of your 4th, 5th or 6th receiver roles.

I think Marcus Maye is better than Peppers!

Hes interesting...has a bit of a strong safety free safety tweener look to him...rocked up...plays a lot of deep middle looks fluid...could get in on the action more...coverage wise i like what i see

For miami that likes the interchangeable types i could see where that kid would have interest

Few brain farts but it looks coachable not athlete limitation based

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom