Who's your 2017 draft dream target ??? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's your 2017 draft dream target ???

I don't care what defense we run but I do want versatility. You have a better chance of stopping an offense when you are unpredictable and that includes having players playing several positions depending on the play

I will pass on a 4-2-5 defense

When i cant stop the run to save my life

Keep a eye on TE Adam Shaheen D2 player 6'7 270.big athletic physical and can run 4.6 40 time. And he can jump 2 x basketball player.played 2 years of D2 football.

I will pass on a 4-2-5 defense

When i cant stop the run to save my life

Jones, IAQ, and Peppers. All good to great against the run. I'd be hard pressed to say another LB in lieu of Peppers would improve the run defense. UF has been a 4-2-5 forever and is always amongst the best in that category.

Im not interested in peppers playing lb for me...too much hesitation and lack of keys in that setting and 205 lbs...if you are late at 205 those guys will ride you out of the screen even...as a strong safety and sniffing the los again as a strong safety in a zone blitz scheme im in

Ofherwise i will pass cause im not getting the most return for the player unless you think that gimmick offense stuff translates

With reshad jones here this doesnt make sense and no way can miami put that a wolb in the nickel...teams will gladly play us in nickel and run the ball down our throats...we are in nickel like 70 percent of the time...

At lb in this scheme i need damn true lbs...not miscast safeties cause i only got one starting caliber nickel lb in the building

Im not interested in peppers playing lb for me...too much hesitation and lack of keys in that setting and 205 lbs...if you are late at 205 those guys will ride you out of the screen even...as a strong safety and sniffing the los again as a strong safety in a zone blitz scheme im in

Ofherwise i will pass cause im not getting the most return for the player unless you think that gimmick offense stuff translates

With reshad jones here this doesnt make sense and no way can miami put that a wolb in the nickel...teams will gladly play us in nickel and run the ball down our throats...we are in nickel like 70 percent of the time...

At lb in this scheme i need damn true lbs...not miscast safeties cause i only got one starting caliber nickel lb in the building

In our scheme it obviously doesn't fit. Said that before. But in a cookie cutter version of what UF runs, makes a lot of sense.

Not gonna happen so it's irrelevant. We'd need to line him up all over the place to get the best bang for the buck ... keep the offense guessing and having to account for him. Michigan had the right idea. In a limited scheme with guys like jones and isa already here the value doesn't match up. Too bad IMO. Helluva player.

I take that back if we were gonna get rid of quddus then i could see it making sense but youd still not have that centerfield and deep zone instincts and awareness player in the back end

Youd just be running out there two strong safety types and giving your boundary corners little help in the process...but quddus at $5 mil isnt going anywhere so miami at least would never get the most bang for our buck here

It just doesnt make sense

Of course i cant find a center field rangy type with instincts that also tackles that wont cost us a top 50 pick to save my life either

They are gonna have at least $12 mil in safeties this year the odds of them taking a safety with a top 50 pick unless they destroy their needs in free agency are pretty much nil

Unless something all pro falls in their laps and more than likely it wouldnt be of the strong safety variety when jones and quddus can both play it

I think Marcus Maye is better than Peppers!

I'm different in saying I'd like to see Fournette. This is a dream for me because in my dream we get good OGs, LBs, and a DE through free agency miracles. Fournette and Ajayi would be really fun to watch with Drake as a 3rd down spell.

Realistically I'd be ok with Charlton. I like the way he plays and think he'd do well on that DL

Beyond obvious defensive players ... one offensive player I really love is WR Mack Hollins from UNC. He's 6'4" and will probably run about 4.4 40. He'll be at the combine and I'm excited to see him perform. He would be a lock top 2 round pick if he hadn't missed most of last season with an injury. Guy is a hard worker and has a great attitude. IMO Miami loses Stills and Hollins would be a great fit for Miami

I always liked Mack. I still don't understand why he was so underutilized at UNC. He was money off the line to beat press and was great at clearing his defender for deep balls. I do want to see him workout and change of direction testing numbers since he was used mainly as a vertical threat.

Back
Top Bottom