Why are Fin's Meeting With Young? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why are Fin's Meeting With Young?

Finfanforever said:
Apples to apples please ...not apples to PINEAPPLES! :shakeno:

Um... so I shouldn't compare people being positive they can read Saban's mind with... people being positive they can read Saban's mind?

Yeah, ok.

nopony said:
Um... so I shouldn't compare people being positive they can read Saban's mind with... people being positive they can read people's mind?

Yeah, ok.

Oh Lord! Let me SPELL IT OUT for you. The Dolphins needed a starting QB. Culpepper and Brees was options. Chances are the top 3 QB's (at the time) were not going to be available. Giving up a #16th pick in the 1st round AND a 3rd rounder to draft a QB that is questionable bout the timetable as to his NFL success after we aquired Culpepper. SEE...NO RELATION OR LOGIC! If you don't get that....I give up! :tantrum: :wink:

Finfanforever said:
Oh Lord! Let me SPELL IT OUT for you. The Dolphins needed a starting QB. Culpepper and Brees was options. Chances are the top 3 QB's (at the time) were not going to be available. Giving up a #16th pick in the 1st round AND a 3rd rounder to draft a QB that is questionable bout the timetable as to his NFL success after we aquired Culpepper. SEE...NO RELATION OR LOGIC! If you don't get that....I give up! :tantrum: :wink:

Gee, thanks. I totally didn't understand what you were saying. It wasn't that I thought you guaranteeing Saban will or won't do something was silly... of course not, no no no. It wasn't that I thought you claiming to know Saban's mind was a reach... it was just that I didn't understand that when you said "no way in ****" you actually meant "I think Saban won't want to give up any more of this draft on that position." Now I see.

cnc66 said:
I think Nick is a better judge of how to effectively use his time than you are.

IF VY fell to us doncha think it would be handy to have actually worked him out rather then take some elses word for it? How could Nick properly judge the best course of action if he didn't personally put his staff on it and learn just how much...or how little talent will carry over into the NFL.
Please, Nick just comes to this MB to find out everything he needs to know about Vince. Apparently Vince will be dropping into the second round, maybe into the third, possibly will go undrafted, cannot tie his own shoes and, apparently, was not really the QB for the Horns last year.

Nick is only meeting with Vince because he feels sorry for him. Or possibly to fool all the other HC into believing VY has talent, when everyone knows he doesn't.:wink:

Texphinphan

PS I think you are absolutely right cn66

I really hope we do not draft Young. I don't think the guy will ever be a quality NFL qb. He would be worth picking in the 3rd round but not a first rounder as teams are realizing finally.

TexPhinPhan said:
Please, Nick just comes to this MB to find out everything he needs to know about Vince. Apparently Vince will be dropping into the second round, maybe into the third, possibly will go undrafted, cannot tie his own shoes and, apparently, was not really the QB for the Horns last year.

Nick is only meeting with Vince because he feels sorry for him. Or possibly to fool all the other HC into believing VY has talent, when everyone knows he doesn't.:wink:

Texphinphan

PS I think you are absolutely right cn66

NOW NOW its not THAT bad...:boohoo: Vince will be a good player IN TIME but his stock is dropping for whatever reasons. I see either Al Davis taking a chance on him or even Dennis Green at Ariz. So all is not lost...:wink:

OUR TAKE ON THE FINS' INTEREST IN UNCLE RICO
Surely, the Miami Dolphins don't expect Texas quarterback Vince Young to be available when they exercise their first-round pick with the sixteenth overall choice. So why bring him in for a personal visit?
In our view, coach Nick Saban wants to ensure that Young is taken before the Fins exercise their pick, which will mean that one of the guys in which the team truly is interested will get pushed farther down. And our guess is that Saban hatched the plan to bring in Young before Young's stock was nudged upward in the wake of last week's pro day workout.
Of course, there's a chance that the Fins will try to trade up in an effort to snag Young. Or maybe they intend to try to trade up and get someone else -- and are trying to create the impression that if they trade up they'll tap Uncle Rico.
Would Saban go to such lengths in support of a smokescreen? Hell, yes.
We've heard on multiple occasions over the past 11 months that Saban put the word out to the organization and beyond that he planned to select receiver Braylon Edwards with the second overall pick in the 2005 draft, all in the hopes of squeezing a pick or two out of the Browns at number three -- or from someone else who wanted to jump in front of Cleveland to snag Edwards. As we've heard it, Saban did an abrupt about-face moments before pulling the trigger, going with running back Ronnie Brown instead.

Back
Top Bottom