Why are Fin's Meeting With Young? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why are Fin's Meeting With Young?

Finfanforever said:
NO WAY Saban gives up the #16th pick for a PROJECT!...much less an additional 3rd. Your DREAMING! Can you say SMOKESCREEN!:sidelol:

Good grief. Every single player in the draft is a project. He was the leading passer in college football last year.

I think all this talk of him falling is a smoke screen... it's the media looking for something convtroversial to discuss in the dead days a month before the draft.

He will still go way before we draft.

But if he DID fall... Saban wouldn't be stupid at all to take him.

nopony said:
Good grief. Every single player in the draft is a project. He was the leading passer in college football last year.

I think all this talk of him falling is a smoke screen... it's the media looking for something convtroversial to discuss in the dead days a month before the draft.

He will still go way before we draft.

But if he DID fall... Saban wouldn't be stupid at all to take him.

NO KIDDING! But some picks will be more of a project than others. I do not want to get into some Fishypete-type discussion about this but xxxsurtainxxx said give "the 16th AND a 3rd to get Young" That is absolutely laughable! Young is a gamble that could blossum as a star in the NFL...but then he may be a MAJOR bust. As close as the FINS are to a serious Superbowl run, there is NO WAY IN HE11 Saban takes YOUNG at the #16th pick, much less give up a 3rd in addition. :sidelol:

nopony said:
Oh, I agree with all of that. I didn't mean for Vince to play WR full-time... I meant designing specific plays to use him at QB and wide-out a few times a game... sort of a reverse Randle-El with superstar talent.

That could give him real value as a back-up while he develops.

And, for the record, I don't think he should agree to consider being a wide reciever. He has a chance to be a hall of fame caliber QB. Will he be? No idea. The odds are, as with all rookie QBs, against him.

But man, if he could deliver on the promise he shows and continue the rate of development he's shown, he could dominate as much as one player can in this particular sport.

Ok, but has Vince shown you that he has what it takes to have this kind of mindset? And I dont mean anything having to do with his Wonderlic score. I mean, do you get the sense that VY is mentally prepared and acceptable to playing this type of role....being committed and selling his decoy assingments to sell the gadget plays like a Randel El? Plus on some plays he would have to run WR routes to sell the Gadgets as well and run them crisply, etc.

I am buying into Saban carrying 4 QB's on the Roster (CP, vet backup, Lemon, and drafted rookie). VY is intriguing from an athletic perspective, he is a heck of a college talent, and I think could be an NFL athlete.

And if I heard him open his mouth and actually say, "I am a team guy, glad to be in the NFL, will do whatever is asked of me in the meantime, but would love the chance to learn and prove the doubter wrong that I could make it one day as an NFL QB" then yes, I would consider drafting the Athlete at #16 (but if he said this he would also be a lock top 5 pick too).

Its just so far, VY has come from a different angle. An arrogent angle (and not just a confident, ****y, or hubris angle) that doesnt convey this open minded, team player approach. However, he is convinced himself he doesnt need to change anything about his motion or approach to be NFL ready at QB. I think thats wrong for almost every college QB.

Have you heard him differently? Do you think he would give his all, show patience to learn the NFL QB postion, and work his tail off in any other role asked of him to help the team on offense?

Finfanforever said:
NO KIDDING! But some picks will be more of a project than others. I do not want to get into some Fishypete-type discussion about this but xxxsurtainxxx said give "the 16th AND a 3rd to get Young" That is absolutely laughable! Young is a gamble that could blossum as a star in the NFL...but then he may be a MAJOR bust. As close as the FINS are to a serious Superbowl run, there is NO WAY IN HE11 Saban takes YOUNG at the #16th pick, much less give up a 3rd in addition. :sidelol:

Sorry, we just have to disagree over what is "laughabe".

You could argue that it would be a bad move for us, but in no way can you argue that it is laughable.

Anybody in the draft can be a bust. Major or otherwise.

I have no idea why you think so little of Young, but you should understand that it is personal and not objectively realistic.

It's not laughable to give up a mid-first and a third for a guy who could legitimately go #1. Not saying he will, just that he could.

Don't believe the pre-draft controversy hype. he will go high.

Dolphins_SR66 said:
Ok, but has Vince shown you that he has what it takes to have this kind of mindset? And I dont mean anything having to do with his Wonderlic score. I mean, do you get the sense that VY is mentally prepared and acceptable to playing this type of role....being committed and selling his decoy assingments to sell the gadget plays like a Randel El? Plus on some plays he would have to run WR routes to sell the Gadgets as well and run them crisply, etc.

I am buying into Saban carrying 4 QB's on the Roster (CP, vet backup, Lemon, and drafted rookie). VY is intriguing from an athletic perspective, he is a heck of a college talent, and I think could be an NFL athlete.

And if I heard him open his mouth and actually say, "I am a team guy, glad to be in the NFL, will do whatever is asked of me in the meantime, but would love the chance to learn and prove the doubter wrong that I could make it one day as an NFL QB" then yes, I would consider drafting the Athlete at #16 (but if he said this he would also be a lock top 5 pick too).

Its just so far, VY has come from a different angle. An arrogent angle (and not just a confident, ****y, or hubris angle) that doesnt convey this open minded, team player approach. However, he is convinced himself he doesnt need to change anything about his motion or approach to be NFL ready at QB. I think thats wrong for almost every college QB.

Have you heard him differently? Do you think he would give his all, show patience to learn the NFL QB postion, and work his tale off in any other role asked of him to help the team on offense?

I have no idea what he would do... but I find it hard to believe he would balk at being an option quarterback as a rookie.

I will say that I find him less arrogant than leinart and MUCH less arrogant than Cutler, who strikes me as a bit of a Leaf attitude.

Young actually strikes me like the arrogance/confidence of a guy who knows he's a star... not someone with ego problems. His teammates talk non-stop abot his confidence and his ability to project that on to them, to make them always believe that they could win.

As far as "not changing anything", every quote I have read from him is in response to people who want to reinvent him... and he is right to say no. SAme with Rivers, or Marino or a ton of other unconventional throwers.

I have heard nothing from him that indicates an unwillingness to learn of adjust.

One thing, in fact, that is so impressive about Young is how much better he got every year... he grew in leaps and bounds. I have to believe that given solid NFL coaching, that trend would continue.

nopony said:
Sorry, we just have to disagree over what is "laughabe".

You could argue that it would be a bad move for us, but in no way can you argue that it is laughable.

Anybody in the draft can be a bust. Major or otherwise.

I have no idea why you think so little of Young, but you should understand that it is personal and not objectively realistic.

It's not laughable to give up a mid-first and a third for a guy who could legitimately go #1. Not saying he will, just that he could.

Don't believe the pre-draft controversy hype. he will go high.

Well EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion...but for the record I'll be conservative and say Young WILL NOT go in the top 10. Later I might even say top 15...but not yet. Young is a gifted ATHLETE no question. But I believe that his stock is falling. How far??? maybe as far as the top 20. The argument is the DOLPHINS giving up a 16 and a 3rd to move up to get Young. It's just NOT going to happen. This draft has to many gifted, low gamble prospects for Saban to do that.

Finfanforever said:
Well EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion...but for the record I'll be conservative and say Young WILL NOT go in the top 10. Later I might even say top 15...but not yet. Young is a gifted ATHLETE no question. But I believe that his stock is falling. How far??? maybe as far as the top 20. The argument is the DOLPHINS giving up a 16 and a 3rd to move up to get Young. It's just NOT going to happen. This draft has to many gifted, low gamble prospects for Saban to do that.

Well, I guess we'll see where he goes, won't we?

As for what Saban would do... I recall a lot of people claiming with equal certainty that he wouldn't trade for Culpepper.

nopony said:
Well, I guess we'll see where he goes, won't we?

As for what Saban would do... I recall a lot of people claiming with equal certainty that he wouldn't trade for Culpepper.

Apples to apples please ...not apples to PINEAPPLES! :shakeno:

Juan Cribbs said:
leinart isn't arrogant at all.

Here in L.A. he sure comes across that way.

He has been pretty coached in his national interviews, but Matt Leinart really seems to like Matt Leinart.

But in a way, I agree with you. His arrogance doesn't strike me at all like the kind of wronged-by-the-world ego that leaf, (and to some extent, Cutler) displayed. I don't think any arrogance Leinart has (or Young) will do anything to hurt them. Heck, may even help.

Back
Top Bottom