Why are we always so conservative in the second half??? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why are we always so conservative in the second half???

Originally posted by ebozzz

I guess that there always has to be at least one person who takes everything too serious..... :rolleyes: Ease up man! :D

It's got to be next day air or you won't have a chance of being on the sidelines (or up in the box) for the Buffalo game! :D ;) You hit it right on with that post though. They don't need to get crazy when they get a lead like that but they do need to stay productive. Move the chains, eat up the clock and add points to the tally to make it even harder for teams to come back on ya!

Naww, I was kidding..... sort of....

You hit it right on with that post though. They don't need to get crazy when they get a lead like that but they do need to stay productive. Move the chains, eat up the clock and add points to the tally to make it even harder for teams to come back on ya!

Isn't this what every team wants to do?

If it was so easy, there would never be any come from behind victories.

It's all a matter of properly executing the plays that are called.

Scolnick had a good article about this.

" the Dolphins have led at halftime in 29 of 50 regular-season games, by a combined 481-113. They have been outscored 160-159 in those second halves, losing five times."

5 out of 29 times isn't bad.

Originally posted by ebozzz

I guess that there always has to be at least one person who takes everything too serious..... :rolleyes: Ease up man! :D

It's got to be next day air or you won't have a chance of being on the sidelines (or up in the box) for the Buffalo game! :D ;) You hit it right on with that post though. They don't need to get crazy when they get a lead like that but they do need to stay productive. Move the chains, eat up the clock and add points to the tally to make it even harder for teams to come back on ya!

Guess that's why i'm 1st in the running!! :D:D:D

If you think Fiedler was hurt bad on that TD play, look at what happened to D. Abraham. As far as I know, he's out for a couple of weeks.

In my opinion the DOlphins become too predictable in the second half.I'm not saying not run out the clock but to stop RUNNING EVERY FIRST AND SECOND DOWN!!!Look back at NE patriot game from last year and that what happen during 3rd and most of the fourth quater.

You can't be too predictable with the play calling in the second half even though you have the lead.All I'm asking for is a couple of playactions on first down or throw some short passes to back coming out the backfield.Just keep the defense guessing not run first down and second down not being predictable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Minus, did you read the link I posted above? We are NOT being overly run-happy this year.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
Minus, did you read the link I posted above? We are NOT being overly run-happy this year.

Nope I haven't but I'll take a look at it.

We always get conservative in the second half. It will kill us once again this season!

a bad snap on a punt...
a brain cramp by a veteran punter...
a fumble by ricky inside our own 5...
numerous dropped passes...
numerous penalties...

if that's what conservative means, i guess the phins should stop being conservative.

Back
Top Bottom