Why are we always so conservative in the second half??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why are we always so conservative in the second half???

Originally posted by Muck

If we had to, we would have thrown more. We threw the ball a lot early on. When we got that big lead, we ran the ball....and ran it effectively. If not for that fumble, the Jets probably score 3 points...and the Phins score at least 24.

Scary as it was, apparently we ran the ball effectively in the second half. Only problem was, that with all thoise carries Ricky had in the 2nd half, he only had like 19 yds. That dosen't add up real good.

Only 19? No way..

He must of just got the IMPORTANT yards cause I didn't notice it was THAT low. I just saw the man getting us first downs ;).

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
Only 19? No way..

He must of just got the IMPORTANT yards cause I didn't notice it was THAT low. I just saw the man getting us first downs ;).

Well, sharpen your pencil and cipher it out. He had 106 in the first half alone and ended up with 125.

It's fine to eat up the clock but run, run, run, punt ain't doing it right. You need to mix in some quick safe high % passes as well. Quick slants, etc to get 8-9 yyds, backs off the DBs and lets Ricky get more. Remember, those hi % completed passes does the exact same thing as a run....................clock keeps moving. With that 21-3 lead, it will do something else too. Opens up that fly pattern down the sideline. Even if we don't hit it, it'll really get them to thinking. All this while still remaining rather conservative.

I still believe that Fiedler got hurt on that TD run. I think that's the main reason the team didn't throw that much in the second half.

didn't ricky have 80 in the first half? i don't remember 106 at all... maybe total combined yards. do you have a link? the team really ate away the third quarter. i wasn't too happy with the fourth, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by DPlus47
didn't ricky have 80 in the first half? i don't remember 106 at all... maybe total combined yards. do you have a link? the team really ate away the third quarter. i wasn't too happy with the fourth, though.

i'll try and find a link for it, but I read it in yesterday's SS or USA today.

But I have been wrong before on ocassion!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :D

it was 106 total yard not just rushing..Loo, let's just see what they do this week if they get a lead. I thought the play calling was excellent. We just need to execute a little better. If Thompson catches that quick slant, or if Jay did not fumble, I think we would of scored more points.

Originally posted by DeDolfan
Scary as it was, apparently we ran the ball effectively in the second half. Only problem was, that with all thoise carries Ricky had in the 2nd half, he only had like 19 yds. That dosen't add up real good.

Ricky actually had 47 rushing yards in the 2nd half. Not that bad. I'll take it.

Originally posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305
it was 106 total yard not just rushing..Loo, let's just see what they do this week if they get a lead. I thought the play calling was excellent. We just need to execute a little better. If Thompson catches that quick slant, or if Jay did not fumble, I think we would of scored more points.

I stand corrected (again,LOL) !! That makes things easier to swaller fer an old feller like me !! :D :D :D

It's fine to eat up the clock but run, run, run, punt ain't doing it right. You need to mix in some quick safe high % passes as well. Quick slants, etc to get 8-9 yyds, backs off the DBs and lets Ricky get more. Remember, those hi % completed passes does the exact same thing as a run....................clock keeps moving. With that 21-3 lead, it will do something else too. Opens up that fly pattern down the sideline. Even if we don't hit it, it'll really get them to thinking. All this while still remaining rather conservative.

Dave just called me. He told me that your application is in the mail. make sure you get that back to him and quick! :D ;)

Originally posted by ebozzz

Dave just called me. He told me that your application is in the mail. make sure you get that back to him and quick! :D ;)

:D :D :D

Ya know, I've put my app in every year but Wayne won't listen !! now, I have a legit shot at it since Wanny is sending it. Do you know if he's sending it next day air or som'n??!! :D :D

Originally posted by ebozzz

Why would Dave be looking over the app? His position is the one being terminated...........

Originally posted by phinfan34
Why would Dave be looking over the app? His position is the one being terminated...........

I guess that there always has to be at least one person who takes everything too serious..... :rolleyes: Ease up man! :D

Do you know if he's sending it next day air or som'n??!! :D :D

It's got to be next day air or you won't have a chance of being on the sidelines (or up in the box) for the Buffalo game! :D ;) You hit it right on with that post though. They don't need to get crazy when they get a lead like that but they do need to stay productive. Move the chains, eat up the clock and add points to the tally to make it even harder for teams to come back on ya!

Back
Top Bottom