Why are we so impatient? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why are we so impatient?

Fans got impatient with Chan Gailley -- now, he's gone. So now fans are impatient with Tua. Fans were impatient with Gase and Tannehill, and they're both gone. It's the same old song and dance.

I've said it before: Miami needs lightning in a bottle to satisfy the impatient. Sign the right coach. Spend all the money signing all the assistants he wants. Give him GM authority so he can select his players. Keep doing this until we get the right coach. lol
Fans should be impatient. Far as I know Flores is a great coach but so was Marvin Lewis with the bengals and that didn't get the bengals any super bowls. They were very patient with him, but at least the Bengals stop being mediocre. They sent many players to the pro bowl in his tenure.

Fans should be impatient. Far as I know Flores is a great coach but so was Marvin Lewis with the bengals and that didn't get the bengals any super bowls. They were very patient with him, but at least the Bengals stop being mediocre. They sent many players to the pro bowl in his tenure.
Super Bowls? He didn’t even get them any playoff wins— literally zero, never got past the first round game. And yeah, they went from laughing stock, to disappointing every year, back to the dregs.

I understand the plight of being a Miami Dolphins fan. There's no excuse for the level of suckage that this team has been for the past 20 years.

Having said that, there is more to sports than winning the championship. That is the one thing I feel like I've witnessed disappear from baseball and football is the meaningful rivalry games. It used to be that teams took pride in their accomplishments, but since the '90s we've become a lot more about the instant gratification.

Fans should air out their impatience on the front office and on ownership. Flores may be a great coach, but he will only fly as far as his ability to select and evaluate talent and develop it. Some coaches are top notch in this regard and will find talents even among the backups on the roster that no pro bowler will even possess and find roles for these guys. We already know how important it is for synergy to exist between a coach and the GM, so it's up to these guys to to acquire players who are going to flourish here. If Tua isn't going to flourish, then heads should roll for that selection.

No one here knows more than anyone else. We are all just fans on a message board.
About football?

I disagree with that.

There are some here with pretty extensive knowledge, and there are some who know next to nothing beyond a superficial level.

Ther are those with knowledge in some areas, but not as much in others.

About football?

I disagree with that.

There are some here with pretty extensive knowledge, and there are some who know next to nothing beyond a superficial level.

Careful there, don't hurt people's feelings be a good boy Mach.

Wrong. There are loads and loads of posts that are just one word sentences that offer nothing in terms of football knowledge. Posters saying things just for the sake of saying things. Maybe you should read the forum more often, there are quite a few posters here who have actual football knowledge, they may not be right all the time but at least they offer something to the site
Yeah. Well, that is sort of obvious. Some people know football, some people know what football is. But no one here has the credibility change the mind of someone in the "Tua Sucks" or "Tua is God" camp. In that sense, we are all just fans posting on a board. And nothing anyone here says matters to the development or performance of the team. It's magic really. We all get to think we are relevant and that our opinions matter, when they don't at all.

Last edited:
About football?

I disagree with that.

Yes. Of course. If its important, you could read my response to Easy Rider. Instead of saying "no one here knows more than anyone else" I should have said, "no one's opinion here matters more than anyone elses". Sorry for that!

I don't believe we're being impatient, at least as far as fan patience should be expected. We see teams, every year, hit on a young QB. We see teams, every year, do much better than Miami did in 2020. Don't give me 10-6...we beat ONE playoff team out of FIVE chances, which was another 10-6 team...which was also the only team with a winning record we won against...very weak 10-6. Turns out our schedule was easy AF, in contrast to all the doom and gloom before the season "this is a tough schedule!!" There's something to be said for beating the teams you SHOULD beat, but after as long as we've waited for this team to be relevant, and dogged the media for dismissing us (and being proven right to do so), this year some power rankings had us top 5 at one point...it just felt substandard. We got the respect and summarily stomped on it. 2021 looks quite a bit tougher, we'll have to see at the end of the season.

Now, compared to where the team started in 2019, it was an improvement, but not an improvement over the back half of 2019 itself. The defense improved, while the offense was stagnant or worse (particularly with Tua). I'll give them a pass this year, only because I fully believe Tua wasn't 100% recovered from the hip, and it showed in his athleticism/play. He was also hamstrung a bit by the lack of pre-season/off-season camp, but everybody was. If we don't see substantial improvement to this offense next year...I'm REALLY going to be down on this franchise. Being a hardcore fan since the mid-70s, I waste altogether too much time following/supporting them to keep this up much longer, the NFL as a whole isn't worthy enough for the adoration it gets, on its own (absolutely can't STAND the league office, officiating, and SJW mentality), so if my team is still stuck in an endless mediocre state, I'll find something else to do.

Nearly 50 years, almost 40 since the last SB appearance...I don't call that impatience. I don't need a dynasty, I just need SOME consistent quality, with at least a realistic potential of greatness.

Yes. Of course. If its important, you could read my response to Easy Rider. Instead of saying "no one here knows more than anyone else" I should have said, "no one's opinion here matters more than anyone elses". Sorry for that!
Also false. Some opinions are based around intense research and analysis. Others are because their dude bro friend said something one time during a game and they've all just run with it ever since.

Back
Top Bottom