Why did the Bills run up the Score? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why did the Bills run up the Score?

DolphinVJ

Active Roster
Reaction score
My apologies if there is a related thread on this. Would like your opinion on why the Bills ran up the score. I'm thinking you don't do that to a division opponent since you see them twice a year. This is Patriots-que. With 6-7 minutes left in the game, Barkley throws a 56 yard TD. Not only there but way before in the second half, you would think Bills would run the ball to run the clock and go out healthy. Even the broadcasters brought this up. Their defense was balling and they had many opportunities to run out the clock and not pass but they chose not to. There really was no danger for most of the second half of Tua leading a come back.
We got humiliated yesterday only because we didn't show up to play - we put up very little fight. I have said this before here that when one team beats up another by 20 points or more, the losing team 99% of time usually just did not show up to play. It happens every year and to pretty much every team where they have an off day. Example, in NBA recently, Dallas had a 50pt lead on the Clippers by half time. Most people will tell you the Clippers are a sizably better team than the Dallas Mavericks. It happens.
So while Buffalo is definitely better than us, they are no where close to being better than us by 30 points. They showed a lack of class by running up the score. I saw after-the-game exchange between Flores and McDermott and it seemed much more short than normal, in my opinion. I'm sure Flores didn't appreciate running up the score.
Granted, it's our fault for not showing up or putting up a fight, hence Flores saying "we didn't have it (today)." What do you think?

There is no such thing as running up the score in professional sports. Running up the score exists at all levels of sports except the NFL and NBA (to a lesser extent the NHL and MLB--those two games are so very different it's tough to truly run up the score because scoring is so hard to come by to begin with).

Yes, it's disgusting when high school teams run up the score or college teams score meaningless points against obviously overmatched opponents. I do not feel that way at all about professional sports leagues.

Classless and Flo showed much restraint at the final handshake. He should have left the field without acknowledging McDermott however he has too much class to do that. I don't know if I would have shown as much restraint.
Man i can tell you from experience its tough. Flo will not forget this. I had it happen to me this year, and my goal in life is to make that bastard pay next year

They kept playing. I have no problem with that. And if anyone on the team actually does, then good. I hope they take it personal and it lingers the entire off-season.

Next year I hope we are in the position to do the same, and we run it up too. If your offense is that potent and capable, as a fan, I'd want to see my team dropping 50 burgers on teams, especially division rivals.

Sucks for us. Awesome for them.

Time to flip the fortune. FTB

There is no such thing as running up the score in professional sports. Running up the score exists at all levels of sports except the NFL and NBA (to a lesser extent the NHL and MLB--those two games are so very different it's tough to truly run up the score because scoring is so hard to come by to begin with).

Yes, it's disgusting when high school teams run up the score or college teams score meaningless points against obviously overmatched opponents. I do not feel that way at all about professional sports leagues.
Same man. Say what yall want our boys laid the **** down and was letting Matt Barkley ball out on us.

Very disappointed in how the team quit. We had a great season and this team fought hard pretty much every week but this last one.

Back
Top Bottom