Why did the Bills run up the Score? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why did the Bills run up the Score?

My apologies if there is a related thread on this. Would like your opinion on why the Bills ran up the score. I'm thinking you don't do that to a division opponent since you see them twice a year. This is Patriots-que. With 6-7 minutes left in the game, Barkley throws a 56 yard TD. Not only there but way before in the second half, you would think Bills would run the ball to run the clock and go out healthy. Even the broadcasters brought this up. Their defense was balling and they had many opportunities to run out the clock and not pass but they chose not to. There really was no danger for most of the second half of Tua leading a come back.
We got humiliated yesterday only because we didn't show up to play - we put up very little fight. I have said this before here that when one team beats up another by 20 points or more, the losing team 99% of time usually just did not show up to play. It happens every year and to pretty much every team where they have an off day. Example, in NBA recently, Dallas had a 50pt lead on the Clippers by half time. Most people will tell you the Clippers are a sizably better team than the Dallas Mavericks. It happens.
So while Buffalo is definitely better than us, they are no where close to being better than us by 30 points. They showed a lack of class by running up the score. I saw after-the-game exchange between Flores and McDermott and it seemed much more short than normal, in my opinion. I'm sure Flores didn't appreciate running up the score.
Granted, it's our fault for not showing up or putting up a fight, hence Flores saying "we didn't have it (today)." What do you think?
when the back ups get to come in they likes to have some funs.

Flores was using his time outs.
This is the reason. Happened last year against New England early in the season. We were getting blown out and they were content to run the ball. We kept calling time outs so Brady started chucking it down field to add to the embarrassment

Why not.?
If roles are reversed, I run up score on them, 72 to 26.

Amen, brother.Just an old man here who has watched the Dolphins since George Wilson was the coach and I was a teenager... that 56-yard bomb just for s***s and giggles will not be forgotten. I agree with your sentiment entirely. That is what makes Shula the greatest of all time in my opinion. He would NEVER run up a score on somebody or kick a tee- hee drop-kick extra point like Bellicheat did to us. It's called class.

They are still mad about going 0-20 against the Dolphins in the 1970’s and they know that they need to score as many points as they can now while the Dolphins are still in rebuilding mode.

My apologies if there is a related thread on this. Would like your opinion on why the Bills ran up the score. I'm thinking you don't do that to a division opponent since you see them twice a year. This is Patriots-que. With 6-7 minutes left in the game, Barkley throws a 56 yard TD. Not only there but way before in the second half, you would think Bills would run the ball to run the clock and go out healthy. Even the broadcasters brought this up. Their defense was balling and they had many opportunities to run out the clock and not pass but they chose not to. There really was no danger for most of the second half of Tua leading a come back.
We got humiliated yesterday only because we didn't show up to play - we put up very little fight. I have said this before here that when one team beats up another by 20 points or more, the losing team 99% of time usually just did not show up to play. It happens every year and to pretty much every team where they have an off day. Example, in NBA recently, Dallas had a 50pt lead on the Clippers by half time. Most people will tell you the Clippers are a sizably better team than the Dallas Mavericks. It happens.
So while Buffalo is definitely better than us, they are no where close to being better than us by 30 points. They showed a lack of class by running up the score. I saw after-the-game exchange between Flores and McDermott and it seemed much more short than normal, in my opinion. I'm sure Flores didn't appreciate running up the score.
Granted, it's our fault for not showing up or putting up a fight, hence Flores saying "we didn't have it (today)." What do you think?
Sorry but how can you consider pulling your starters and your team cannot beat the second stringers " running up the score" i mean seriously i would totally agree if starters were in there.

But this really is just useless crying at this point.

Ask the coach and the organization why the heck they cannot beat second stringers.

Good point. Flo will remember this. So will the young guys. See ya next year Bills.....

Back
Top Bottom