Why did the Bills run up the Score? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why did the Bills run up the Score?

Ya, it pissed me off. They’re throwing deep up big! Unreal. I hope they smack them up next year

Don't disagree. I just see a difference between what a team CAN do and should do. You'll have to agree it is quite common for teams to turn conservative when well ahead
They tried to run out the clock and we started using timeouts. So...

Why did Miami let them?

That is the only question that matters to Flo most likely.

My apologies if there is a related thread on this. Would like your opinion on why the Bills ran up the score. I'm thinking you don't do that to a division opponent since you see them twice a year. This is Patriots-que. With 6-7 minutes left in the game, Barkley throws a 56 yard TD. Not only there but way before in the second half, you would think Bills would run the ball to run the clock and go out healthy. Even the broadcasters brought this up. Their defense was balling and they had many opportunities to run out the clock and not pass but they chose not to. There really was no danger for most of the second half of Tua leading a come back.
We got humiliated yesterday only because we didn't show up to play - we put up very little fight. I have said this before here that when one team beats up another by 20 points or more, the losing team 99% of time usually just did not show up to play. It happens every year and to pretty much every team where they have an off day. Example, in NBA recently, Dallas had a 50pt lead on the Clippers by half time. Most people will tell you the Clippers are a sizably better team than the Dallas Mavericks. It happens.
So while Buffalo is definitely better than us, they are no where close to being better than us by 30 points. They showed a lack of class by running up the score. I saw after-the-game exchange between Flores and McDermott and it seemed much more short than normal, in my opinion. I'm sure Flores didn't appreciate running up the score.
Granted, it's our fault for not showing up or putting up a fight, hence Flores saying "we didn't have it (today)." What do you think?
If this concerns the team, then stop them. The Dolphins have no one to blame but themselves for losing each of the games they lost this year. Number of points scored is one of many NFL tie-breakers. The rules incentivize running up the score.

I got no problem with what Buffalo did.
But I been on this site for years. Never any buffalo fans. Now you guys keep posting here? Why? Go enjoy your success but there no need to be posting in so many different threads acting like experts on each topic. I understand you guys have been **** for 20 years because Miami been the same too . So I understand being happy. But really a lot of this is trolling and just showing up on these threads when things are going well for you guys is weak. Why didn’t you guys post here during your playoff drought from 2000-2017?

They tried to run out the clock and we started using timeouts. So...
In a thirty point win, they called exactly 20 running plays. They certainly weren't going with the MO of running the clock out until there was basically no time left.

That said, I don't know why we kept our starters in the game until the end. It was obvious by the fourth quarter the game was over. The only chance we had of making the playoffs was to have either the Steelers or Jags win.....in which case, any fourth quarter injury would hurt us for the playoffs.

I got no problem with what Buffalo did.
But I been on this site for years. Never any buffalo fans. Now you guys keep posting here? Why? Go enjoy your success but there no need to be posting in so many different threads acting like experts on each topic. I understand you guys have been **** for 20 years because Miami been the same too . So I understand being happy. But really a lot of this is trolling and just showing up on these threads when things are going well for you guys is weak. Why didn’t you guys post here during your playoff drought from 2000-2017?
I have a feeling that the 'you guys' that are posting here are very much a single poster who is making a new account, getting banned, and then making another, etc.

I mean if Allen was out there throwing 7 more passes to Diggs and bombs to John Brown I’d understand this.

if you complain Matt Barkley and a practice squad RB who had never touched a ball in a game before lit you up...

I mean...

don’t throw three picks to backups

There is no such thing as running up the score in professional sports. Running up the score exists at all levels of sports except the NFL and NBA (to a lesser extent the NHL and MLB--those two games are so very different it's tough to truly run up the score because scoring is so hard to come by to begin with).

Yes, it's disgusting when high school teams run up the score or college teams score meaningless points against obviously overmatched opponents. I do not feel that way at all about professional sports leagues.
Contrast that with our games against the 49ers, Rams, Jets. We significantly changed tactics once up 3scores.

I'm not sure what you expect from a division rival, they wanted it more.

The score was slightly deceiving, after the pick 6 our team gave up on defense.

So, they were supposed to start kneeling it in the 3rd quarter (the game was well over by then), while Miami tried to make a comeback (on the anniversary of the Bills greatest comeback in NFL history over Houston none the less)? Complaints like this always reek of sour grapes and hurt feelings no matter which team they come from.

I'll point out that two of the late TDs were by Antonio Williams. He was called up from the PRACTICE SQUAD for his first ever NFL game. Is he supposed to see a big hole and just kneel? Come on. If the fins aren't going to stop a practice squad guy from running...what do you want them to do?

lmao don't be a pansy. If you don't want them to score the defense should probably play better.
Hey J.O. they couldn't stop a car at a red light yesterday. Buffalo ran the score up!!! That's what I saw! If yo choose to believe something else let me know what you see in your arse.

Back
Top Bottom