Why didn't the Dolphins wait to announce Tua was starting until next week? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why didn't the Dolphins wait to announce Tua was starting until next week?

I listened to the Dolphins In Depth podcast for the first time the other day, and let's just say never again. I don't mind Adam, but Armando is such a douchebag and he carries himself as such 24/7. Can't stand him.

Omar > Mando

And that says a lot.
I'll have to agree with this.

Who knew a QB change in Miami would be such a big deal? It's funny listening to Omar Kelly and he's talking about how Miami should be careful because Fitz was on fire and playing great. He's only been great in 2 games this year: Jaguars and 49ers. I swear media/fans acting like we just benched MVP season Marino for John Beck.
I agree with you however he wasn't that great in Jacksonville, and outside of that one throw to Preston Williams against San Francisco under pressure, that was the only special play that I seen him make. I've watched every game at least four times this year and every time I watch them I see plays that Fitzpatrick left on the field. I personally feel that if people that actually watch the game actually believe that Fitzpatrick shouldn't have been replaced because of his play don't know what the hell they're looking at, not including you though, just trying to reinforce your point.

I agree with you however he wasn't that great in Jacksonville, and outside of that one throw to Preston Williams against San Francisco under pressure, that was the only special play that I seen him make. I've watched every game at least four times this year and every time I watch them I see plays that Fitzpatrick left on the field. I personally feel that if people that actually watch the game actually believe that Fitzpatrick shouldn't have been replaced because of his play don't know what the hell they're looking at, not including you though, just trying to reinforce your point.
Better QB play and Miami could have probably beaten NE, and SEA. I won't say Buffalo because the defense probably still gets torched regardless. But like you said, it's a shame how people that haven't watched a single Dolphins game this year constantly spewing crap like Fitz was lighting it up, how can you bench him? They just see 24-0 and 3 TDs vs the Jets and assume he played well. During the game thread here we all saw and agreed Fitz was garbage despite the 3 TDs. 0 3rd down conversions vs the Jets? Unacceptable. Miami won that game in spite of Fitzpatrick. Defense completely owned that game giving Fitz short field after short field after short field and Fitz wasted short field after short field. Not all of that was on Fitz, baffling playcalling helped. But the 2nd half, Fitz was hot trash.

Ah....like the second shooter from behind the grassy knoll. How do you know his camp leaked it?
Joe Rose. He said when a player got the good news, right away they call their mommy, their gf, their manager.....and managers have the biggest mouth. So its obvious.

Better QB play and Miami could have probably beaten NE, and SEA. I won't say Buffalo because the defense probably still gets torched regardless. But like you said, it's a shame how people that haven't watched a single Dolphins game this year constantly spewing crap like Fitz was lighting it up, how can you bench him? They just see 24-0 and 3 TDs vs the Jets and assume he played well. During the game thread here we all saw and agreed Fitz was garbage despite the 3 TDs. 0 3rd down conversions vs the Jets? Unacceptable. Miami won that game in spite of Fitzpatrick. Defense completely owned that game giving Fitz short field after short field after short field and Fitz wasted short field after short field. Not all of that was on Fitz, baffling playcalling helped. But the 2nd half, Fitz was hot trash.
If the Jets were capable of being even semi-decent there is a good chance we lose that game His arm is done basically and there is no way we can win like that week after week

I agree with you 100%, I honestly wish I wasn't in southern Illinois so I could actually get together with other dolphin fans and watch the games with people who understand what the f*** they're seeing. Rather than just having conversations with ones that you don't know if they watched the games or not. I'd post a lot more if the only internet that I had, living in BFE, wasn't just my phone.

Where did this knowledge come from, it sounds like a bunch of horseshit to me. Considering all the speculation is that it came from the Fitzpatrick camp. How about you enlightness us with your source considering you didn't say anything else and stated it like a fact.
Fitz said his kids texted him about the news. So not Firz.

If the Jets were capable of being even semi-decent there is a good chance we lose that game His arm is done basically and there is no way we can win like that week after week
His arm is junk I agree but Fitzpatrick didn't play defense and we got to give them credit. We're the only team that shut them out all year. Regardless it's not easy to shut a professional team out no matter how bad they are but yes I believe if two of us playing that game we may have scored twice as many points

Fitz said his kids texted him about the news. So not Firz.
That's b******* everything else that's been out there was that Fitz met with Flores even before the news broke. That's why there were questions about it coming from Fitzpatrick's camp because the team found out via Shelter. Other than Twitter and people's speculations I would like some clarity from your post to justify that statement that to us can't broke it. You're really going to say that Flores informed before he did Fitzpatrick my ass.

I listened to the Dolphins In Depth podcast for the first time the other day, and let's just say never again. I don't mind Adam, but Armando is such a douchebag and he carries himself as such 24/7. Can't stand him.

Omar > Mando

And that says a lot.
I ended up unfollowing Mando. His tweet criticizing Tannehill for speaking out about racial issues was the last straw for me. Absolute moron.

The reasons Flores told his players and the world now was because it does not matter in terms of film on Tua as a Dolphin. Besides playing against the Jets for 3 plays there is no tape.

so the Rams are out of luck either way - tell them two weeks in advance and there’s still no tape.

on the other hand the team can adjust to the public spot light together and Tua gets all the reps - so the team does not deal with enemies at the gate like Omar leaking it...

that’s why now...

Flores and everyone else on the Dolphins are very likely watching Tua tear it up on the practice field. Grandpa may have won 6 piston cups ( he did what in his cup?) now it’s time for lightning mcqueen!

Omar is hedging his bets and playing like he wasn't banging the drum for Tua. He and Armando are the absolute worst, as all they do is stir up **** for clicks.

Yep.

I said the same on twitter.

It’s freaking hilarious. For the first few weeks the unsilent majority was asking why Tua wasn’t playing like his rookie QB peers. Now those same people are asking, “why is he playing now?”. Lol.

Also, if I hear another of these uninformed media people preach how great Fitzpatrick was playing I’ll vomit day-glo.

It’s clear these people don’t watch all of the games. Fitz is a good dude. A great mentor for Tua. But let’s be real about his supposed stellar play.

One game was against the Jets, who are the worst team in the league and not fully trying to win. One game was against a depleted 49ers team, who were minus like 8 defensive starters and their QB wasn’t quite ready to return this played a poor half.

Does anybody remember the 5 FG game where the offense stalled time and time again against a mediocre at best Seattle defense? At home no less?? Does anybody remember the Pats or Bills games where Fitz left many plays on the field?

Most of all, do these people really pretend to not know Fitzpatrick career history? IIRC it was Kyle Brandt that correctly mentioned how many times we’ve all seen this movie over the past 15-years. We know how it plays out.

He looks great for several games, but eventually regresses into Fitztragic. That’s why he’s been on 8 teams in 15 years and has no playoff starts to speak of. And despite 3-3, the postseason wasn’t gonna happen this season either with Fitz at the helm.

Lastly, I LMAO over Fitz saying he felt this was “his team”. Seriously? This dude went to Harvard and really thinks that??? I get it. Player’s like him. Everywhere he’s been. But no team has really ever been his team. Even when he was younger. Which is why he’s been on 8 teams.

He’s freaking 37. Has no playoff track record. And knew it was Tua’s team the moment they drafted him at 5. He may have thought he was gonna get a bit more time until the ride was over, but that’s how things go.

This was never his team nor was it ever gonna be. No matter how much the younger kids love his enthusiasm and willingness to put his body on the line. He has to do that stuff to compensate for the lack of raw talent. The guy throws one type of pass. And eventually it starts to get intercepted.

The Dolphins did the right thing by selling stock when they did. They got the most return on investment they could have hoped to get.

Omar > Mando

And that says a lot.
I actually have been trying to dive into fins podcasts as I have a lot of windshield time working in outside sales. I tried listening to this and the end of it was just brutal. I was actually so mad. I am not wasting my time anymore; the first time was enough

Back
Top Bottom