why dillon being a Pat is not scary at all.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why dillon being a Pat is not scary at all..

DBoston80

Undisputed #1
Reaction score
...lets see...dillons two glaring weakness's are 1.) cant catch to save his life 2.) Is a horrible short yardage back..

Those things considered when CD is in the game for the Pat's we dont have to worry about anything except the run because he wont scare anyone on routes..the toughest thing about the Pats is the mismatches their genius coaches always seem to get..with dillon there is no mismatch!!! he's one less reciever we have to worry about in my mind...with Faulk you had to worry about him gettin on a slow LB because he could burn him....with Dillon you dont have to worry about that!! And if NE is 3rd or 4th and short they better baulk up their Fullback because CD is a horrible short yard back(seen it many times) So when we line up and CD is in the backfield no worry of the RB out of the backfield..one less worry on our minds..;)

Yes, I live in Ohio and have watched numerous Bengals games for years!!! Dillon could Never convert goalline runs!!! Seemed to always miss the right hole...there is a reason Rudi Johnson took over for Cinncy last season..and it wasnt just because dillons an *******...:D

I hope Wanny is reading DBoston's posts for strategy.

You forget they won 2 sb's w/ Antwain Smith. Just like like your "Boston is an upgrade over Thompson" agrument Dillon is an upgrade over Smith. :tongue:

Everyone else sucks but every move the fins did is great. :lol:

I hate the Pats just as much as you do, but I am not blind. Try looking at things w/o wearing your teal glasses will ya!

I did not say it wasnt a great move....I simply like the fact our d has one less route to cover when CD is in the game...did I say it was bad??? Did I say Dillon was not an improvment?? IMO dillon doesnt strike fear into my heart since he's a Pat..why are you trying to put words into my mouth??? I know your upset we got Boston..but relax!!!!! Things will be okay...you guys were really good in the early 90's.....no one can take that away from you:)

Dillon helps them lots in that you now m/keep your base D on the field whenever Dillon is on the field on 1st and 2nd. W/Faulk you were better off getting a LB off for a DB.
In other words, Dillon s/help their passing game

With the way their D played, having a RB that can get them close to Vinneteri range was good enuf to win lots of games.

My hope is that they throw the ball sooo much the Dillon starts getting pissed and messing usp their chemistry

FlyingElvis said:
I hope Wanny is reading DBoston's posts for strategy.

Me too!!! hey wanny, dont put to much of an emphasis on dillon out of the backfield...he cant catch for nothing!!! Also dave while your at it please spend some extra time on teaching fundemenatls of tackling....then when your finished with that please dont forget to just plain stop blitzing!!! Our blitz packages are laughable...by the way dont forget to fire yourself this year..c-ya wanny..

your friend and advisor: Dboston 80

Aha! Yes, Dolphan39 hit the nail on the head. I was wondering how long it would take for you guys to bring up this good point. You want to hope his crappy attitude comes back and ruins a good locker room.

The Pats have some veterans that Dillon will respect (McGinest, Bruschi, Harrison) that will keep him in line, but if he doesn't get his carries and the Pats struggle, I can see him causing problems. Thats when BB shows him the unemployment line.

DBoston80 said:
Yes, I live in Ohio and have watched numerous Bengals games for years!!! Dillon could Never convert goalline runs!!! Seemed to always miss the right hole...there is a reason Rudi Johnson took over for Cinncy last season..and it wasnt just because dillons an *******...:D
is there a reason detmer was ahead of feeley on the depth charts:confused:

In my opinion with cory dillion added to the pats, their offense is now the most solid in the league. They might not have to many big name WR's but Tom Brady knows how to make them look like pro bowlers. Cory Dillion is a fenominal runner and ive seen him play also and he can too make short yard runs. Cincinnati was the worse team in the league for about 10 years up until last season lol. Everyone knew to stop the run because Cory Dillion was all they had.

Oh and he was tired of playing for such a ****ty team which is why he wanted out. But he was also injured at the begining of last season which is why rudi johnson came in for him. Yes, Dillion was being an @SS about being a bengal, but rudi johnson was put in because he was injured, and Johnson proved he could start.

Cory Dillion is an A+ acquisition for the Patriots without a doubt.

I certainly can. KC Cheifs doing so well last year was a joke... When you have 2 of the worse teams in your division you can make yourself look reallllllllllll good. Not to mention they played the rest of the worse teams in the LEAGUE. They did play a few good teams but i think they are highly over rated. Trent Green is ****. Priest Holmes is amazing and Tony Gonzales is old. They do have a solid O-line but thats about it. They've had this team for a few years now and havent done great, leave them to get an amazing schedule and they do good. Dont you remember them getting beat in the first round of the playoffs? Thats because they didnt deserve to be there.

Justasportsfan said:
You forget they won 2 sb's w/ Antwain Smith. Just like like your "Boston is an upgrade over Thompson" agrument Dillon is an upgrade over Smith. :tongue:

Everyone else sucks but every move the fins did is great. :lol:

I hate the Pats just as much as you do, but I am not blind. Try looking at things w/o wearing your teal glasses will ya!
I agree... much like with Thompson, anyone would be an upgrade over Smith...

Back
Top Bottom