why dillon being a Pat is not scary at all.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why dillon being a Pat is not scary at all..

No running back in the AFC east scares me..our defense is just too good. Corry Dillon is no exception, he will make the offense of the Pats better but hell our defense is too nasty

As much as I hate to say this, cause the pats agrivate me to no end, Dillon is a major upgrade for the pats. Even assuming he can't catch the ball to save his live, niether could A. Smith. But Dillon runs a hell of alot better than Smith giving them an upgrade when they have that package on the field.

Also BB plays packages and Dillon will not be there every down, we will still see Faulk on passing downs. The only difference i can see in their offence is on running downs they have a much more talented back lining up than last year.

Do I fear the NE running game, not really. Ask me next year and i may be singing a different tune. Maybe like "They are middle of the pack."

DBoston80 said:
I did not say it wasnt a great move....I simply like the fact our d has one less route to cover when CD is in the game...did I say it was bad??? Did I say Dillon was not an improvment?? IMO dillon doesnt strike fear into my heart since he's a Pat..why are you trying to put words into my mouth??? I know your upset we got Boston..but relax!!!!! Things will be okay...you guys were really good in the early 90's.....no one can take that away from you:)
I live in Ohio also and watched Dillon over the past few years. I don't think people here are looking at this with the right perspective. Yes, Dillon is a poor receiver and not a great goal line back. But between the two red zones, he's an excellent back that the Dolphins defense will have to do serious gameplanning for (IF Weis remembers how to call a running play). Gameplanning for a running back opens up lanes for those damn little patsy wide receivers to catch more balls on play action. Dillon is older, but overall, I'd say the Patriots offense has the potential to improve noticeably.

Ohio Fanatic, if this trade was made a couple years ago I would agree with you - Dillon would have made a huge difference for the Pats a couple years ago, but not this year. I think he will be good, but not great. He was far from great when healthy last year. Rudi Johnson was much better. If Dillon hadn't fussed his way into a trade he would have been a backup RB this year. He had the opportunity to be a leader of a young team, but he wanted to be the man. He wasn't going to be the man in Cincinnati, and I really don't think he will in New England either.

Ohio Fanatic said:
I live in Ohio also and watched Dillon over the past few years. I don't think people here are looking at this with the right perspective. Yes, Dillon is a poor receiver and not a great goal line back. But between the two red zones, he's an excellent back that the Dolphins defense will have to do serious gameplanning for (IF Weis remembers how to call a running play). Gameplanning for a running back opens up lanes for those damn little patsy wide receivers to catch more balls on play action. Dillon is older, but overall, I'd say the Patriots offense has the potential to improve noticeably.

Last year the Pats offense failed in 2 games ( the bills and Washington)
in the Bills game the Pats got a BEATING ,game ,set, match.Now, if the
Pats had Dillon in the Washington game, the Pats win.The Pats record would
have been 15-1 last year. (18-1) with the Playoffs.

Now this year with Dillon the Pats Offense may be the best in the game.
And with a Defense that gives up 10-15 points Per game........Imm thinking

Dynasty :clap:

By the way, the Pats D shut-out some Teams that had 3 world Os last
year.

i woulnd even worry about him. we didnt even allow a RB over 100 yards last season.thats including Jamal Lewis.

donshula said:

year.

Ok now take your head out of your a$$ for a second and listen. Your sig needs to change, its ridiculous. A team to be considered a dynasty will need to win 3 or 4 world championships. The Pats won 2 and only two. They are called world champions, nothing more.

34RWilliams said:
Ok now take your head out of your a$$ for a second and listen. Your sig needs to change, its ridiculous. A team to be considered a dynasty will need to win 3 or 4 world championships. The Pats won 2 and only two. They are called world champions, nothing more.
Agreed. That is also 2 in 3 years. That has been done by many teams. The year in the middle with no playoff appearance kind of ruins the dynasty theory.

donshula said:

year.
he wasnt talking about the pats with corey dillon vs other teams. he was talking about why corey dillon doesnt scare him as a dolphin fan. I agree with the original post in this thread the pats O doesnt really scare me with dillon b.c. I think if we get Ogunleye back we will still be able to stop the Pat's O. Another reason their O doesnt scare me we also added a 3rd CB (Howard) and a faster cover safety which is crucial against there 3 and 4 WR sets. Also, I think Moore and/or Jenkins will be good coverage LBs on 3rd and longs.

P.S. the Pats arent a dynasty

Dillon had over 40 catches either last year or the year before. He may not be the receiver that Kevin Faulk is (OUTSTANDING HANDS) but he's plenty dangerous on dump off passes out of the backfield.

I'm real interested is seeing the Patriots offensive game plan this year. I think we'll see a lot of double TE formations. Watson (4.41 forty) and Graham run extremely well and if they develop into dependable targets for Brady, this offense will become unstoppable.

Two TE's that can run like that will give them a tremendous advantage. If teams play the pass the Pats will run the ball down their throats. If they play the run they'll disect them with the passing game. They'll be tough to stop.

On paper, they've got a very good team up there in Beantown. Who knows....Maybe they'll even give the '72 Dolphins a run for their money.

You fin fans aren't out of the woods yet. Expect a heavy dose of Kevin Faulk, the Dolphin killer.

I agree with the original poster. NE gives Miami fits with it's passing game. I'm not worried about their running game, b/c while Dillon is an upgrade over Smith he's not better in short yardage. That was the only area NE had any running success against Miami. I don't anticipate that the D that gave up zero 100 yd rushing games last year should be too worried about Dillon lighting them up. Also, IMO Brady is one of the best players in the game right now. Anything that takes the ball out of his hands, I'm in favor of.

catapano said:
is there a reason detmer was ahead of feeley on the depth charts:confused:

Yes, there was, and you probabaly should know it. Detmer held kicks. The rule is, if your #3 QB comes into the game, your #1 cant come back in the game. If McNabb went out, and Feeley came in, McNabb would be out for the game regardless if he just had the wind knocked out of him. Detmer is a decent #2 quality player. If McNabb went out long term, Feeley would be the starter.

Xnought said:
You fin fans aren't out of the woods yet. Expect a heavy dose of Kevin Faulk, the Dolphin killer.

Kevin Faulk? The Dolphins killer? Lmao. Way to hype up some two-bit player. He must be glad we dont have Brock Marion, "The Kevin Faulk Killer" anymore.

Disgustipate said:
Yes, there was, and you probabaly should know it. Detmer held kicks. The rule is, if your #3 QB comes into the game, your #1 cant come back in the game. If McNabb went out, and Feeley came in, McNabb would be out for the game regardless if he just had the wind knocked out of him. Detmer is a decent #2 quality player. If McNabb went out long term, Feeley would be the starter.

The rule you're referring to only applies to the first three quarters. In the 4th quarter anyone can come in.

Last season, whenever McNabb came out in the 4th quarter, they put in Detmer instead of Feeley which pretty much proves your opinion WRONG. The Philly coaching staff apparently had more confidence in Koy Detmer than they did in the player you traded a second rounder to acquire.

Face it....your front office is a bunch of buffoons. Until that changes you guys aren't going anywhere.

New England is where it's at baby. And that's where it's going to remain.

);p

PYPER said:
The rule you're referring to only applies to the first three quarters. In the 4th quarter anyone can come in.

Last season, whenever McNabb came out in the 4th quarter, they put in Detmer instead of Feeley which pretty much proves your opinion WRONG. The Philly coaching staff apparently had more confidence in Koy Detmer than they did in the player you traded a second rounder to acquire.

Face it....your front office is a bunch of buffoons. Until that changes you guys aren't going anywhere.

New England is where it's at baby. And that's where it's going to remain.

);p

Here is a perfect example of an ignorant, arrogant fan. It doesn't matter to me that he is a NE fan. If you disagree with the detmer/feeley depth on the team ..... fine. If you think NE is the best .... fine. But go somewhere else because to me and most of the readers here, your annoying.

** P.S. to all you other non-dolphins fans who want constructive conversations, keep posting this wasn't meant for you

Back
Top Bottom