why dillon being a Pat is not scary at all.. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why dillon being a Pat is not scary at all..

WiGGy said:
It's obvious whoever started this thread is worried about Dillon. If he wasn't why did he even bother posting. Someobdy is looking for reassurance from others to discredit Dillon's arrival to the Patriots. All the excuses by Dolphins fans are pathetic. Dillon can't catch Dillon is over the hill, lame talk over and over. How welll did Antoine Smith catch, how old is he? I don't think I ever saw Smith have a run over 40-50 yards as a Patriot but yet Dillon isn't an upgrade and won't be a factor? You Dolphins fans are desperate. It doesn't bother me though because no matter what we know the Dolphins ARE NOT going any where anyhow. Ultimate over achieving choke artists. We laugh at your team. The Patriots on the other hand will be good again and DO HAVE a realistic chance to win it all unlike the Dolphins who are stuck in mediocracy. Say what you want but thats all that matters to me.
Funny, coming from a fan of a team that has been historically whipped by the Dolphins...

I guess you meant "under"achieving choke artists... remember San Diego? No? Chicago? Green Bay? I guess you're BIG time choke artists...

It's sad (for the long-time Patriot faithful) that Foxboro's full of fair-weathered fans...

sbh1602 said:
Funny, coming from a fan of a team that has been historically whipped by the Dolphins...

I guess you meant "under"achieving choke artists... remember San Diego? No? Chicago? Green Bay? I guess you're BIG time choke artists...

It's sad (for the long-time Patriot faithful) that Foxboro's full of fair-weathered fans...

When is the last time the Dolphins have actually accomplished ANYTHING of importance? Thats like us Celtics fans talking about what they did ages ago. It has absolutely nothing to do with recent events. The Dolphins have done nothing if you weren't aware of that. Were you even born or even see any those games the Dolphins won back in the early 70's? Give us a break and save it. I was born in Boston (Dorchester to be exact) and have been a fan since I was old enough to understand them so save your fairweather fan remarks. I was there through the bad and good. The Plunkett, Grogan, Eason and Bledsoe days. Brady is the man now and is doing ok from what I've seen. The Patriots have been in the Super Bowl FOUR TIMES since 1985 and have won two of them. What have the Dolphins done in the last 20 years?

For one they had a better regular season record than the pats in that period

There is only one number that is pertinant to the acquisition of Corey Dillon.

That number is 30. Thirty is the age he will be on October 24, 2004. I didn't put much into the age thing until this past year.

Marshall Faulk-30 last year= 818 yards

Eddie George-30 last year=1031 yards

Jerome Bettis-30 in 2002=666 yards

Curtis Martin-30 last year=1300 yards, an amazing stat considering he only had four 100+ yard games.

These were the ELITE running backs of the past 10 years. Who leads the league now?

The top ten in order:
Jamall Lewis-25
Ahman Green-27
L. Tomlinson-25
Deuce Mcallister-25
Clinton Portis-23
Shaun Alexander-27
Priest Holmes-30
Ricky Williams-27
Travis Henry-26
Edgerrin James-26

The numbers are against Corey Dillon having much of a career left.

Let's be honest about the situation....He was beat out for the RB job in Cincy by Rudi Johnson.

The Myth said:
Well it is easy to tell you don't know what you are talking about.:shakeno:
Dillon in mini camp did catch just about anything that Brady and Kingsbury sent his way. In 2001 Dillon had 34 receptions for 228 yards. in 2002 he had 43 receptions for 298 yards. That was on a very bad team! He can't catch?:roflmao:
Dillon is down to 220lbs from the 235lbs he was last season. He posted a 4.45 40 time in mini camp with sholder pads on.:eek: His only problem with short yardage inside was the crappy O-Line in Cinci. You may have noted the Patriots don't have that problem. Most of the Patriots players have said that Dilon is far better than they had expected. You didn't even come close to the truth with your post.:evil:

First of all, this has so many stupid comments in it, I damn near had to go change my contacts because they started melting.

First of all, performance in camp does not equal performance in a game. Dillon has never been a very good reciever.

Dillon has been 225 pound for as long as anyone remembers. Methinks you are blowing smoke.

Cincy had a crappy O-line, and New England doesnt? Whoa ho ho. New England does not have any power run blockers. NONE. Cincy has always had at least one in Willie Anderson, usually two or three. Dillon has always had a better run blocking O-line then he has in New England this year.

The Bengals have one of the better run blocking lines in the NFL!!!!! Its no coincedence every back that was in always looked pretty good...(R.Johnson,C.Dillon,B.Bennett,C.Keaton..etc) now Rudi is a good back and Corey has declined to an above average back....

You can post #'s all you want, I said earlier Dillon drops about 2 balls for every one he catches...

I did not post these statements based on what I WANT Corey Dillon to be...I based them on what Ive saw his whole career!! I saw a phenomanol RB for 3-4years...now I see a RB on the decline who's still good, but nothing that will strike fear into my aqua n orange heart....

Our defense has played VERY well vs the patsies the past few years...2 missed FG's by Mare in a game we should have won in my eyes... I mean if it were not for Special Team blunder's we would have won 3 out of the last 4 from these guys....there NOT lite years ahead of us as many of them think......

And to whoever wrote comparing Boston to Dillon...the difference is DB will be a dolphin for a long time....corey....well....I personally think his production is and will be lacking, Someone made a post about old RB's that made alot of sense.

New England will use Dillon to keep them in short yardage situations. They run him on first and second downs primarily and they'll be in a lot of third and 2s and 3s. He also can break some long runs. This is a huge upgrade for an already awesome team. By the way if he's wide open and Brady lobs him the ball he'll catch it.

BSQX4 said:
New England will use Dillon to keep them in short yardage situations. They run him on first and second downs primarily and they'll be in a lot of third and 2s and 3s. He also can break some long runs. This is a huge upgrade for an already awesome team. By the way if he's wide open and Brady lobs him the ball he'll catch it.

Well if no ones around and its a soft lob....proboly 50/50..

The pats have an awesome Defense and an awesome coaching staff, but fact is we normally shut down their Off pretty good....an awesome team is used for the 90's Cowboys..80's 49ers..70's Steelers....Not a team that thrives on breaks and ST's blunders from their rival...Is N.E good?? Heck yeah..they are the champs...are they awesome?? I dont think they are even close to that category. An awesome team doesnt need the oppenent to screw up to win..an awesome team will just kick your ***...

Disgustipate said:
Yes, there was, and you probabaly should know it. Detmer held kicks. The rule is, if your #3 QB comes into the game, your #1 cant come back in the game. If McNabb went out, and Feeley came in, McNabb would be out for the game regardless if he just had the wind knocked out of him. Detmer is a decent #2 quality player. If McNabb went out long term, Feeley would be the starter.
WTF does that have to do with Feeley being #3?? Are you saying the #3 cant hold for kicks, and thats why Detmer was #2?? I dont buy that schnit, how come Feeley didnt play the NFC Championship when they knew McNabb was out for the game??

:barf::dolphin::lol2:

nicolosi718 said:
For one they had a better regular season record than the pats in that period

OK with that said what's the ultimate goal? How many times have the Dolphins accomplished it? Who gives a rats buttock(do they have one?) about regular season records it's about winning it all.

OK so you said "for one better regular season", give me something else to chew on.

DBoston80 said:
The Bengals have one of the better run blocking lines in the NFL!!!!! Its no coincedence every back that was in always looked pretty good...(R.Johnson,C.Dillon,B.Bennett,C.Keaton..etc) now Rudi is a good back and Corey has declined to an above average back....

You can post #'s all you want, I said earlier Dillon drops about 2 balls for every one he catches...

I did not post these statements based on what I WANT Corey Dillon to be...I based them on what Ive saw his whole career!! I saw a phenomanol RB for 3-4years...now I see a RB on the decline who's still good, but nothing that will strike fear into my aqua n orange heart....

Our defense has played VERY well vs the patsies the past few years...2 missed FG's by Mare in a game we should have won in my eyes... I mean if it were not for Special Team blunder's we would have won 3 out of the last 4 from these guys....there NOT lite years ahead of us as many of them think......

And to whoever wrote comparing Boston to Dillon...the difference is DB will be a dolphin for a long time....corey....well....I personally think his production is and will be lacking, Someone made a post about old RB's that made alot of sense.

What was Ricky's yard per carry last season? I bet you Dillon's will be better then Antione Smith's and Ricky Williams of last season. He is easily an upgrade for the Patriots and those who disagree are blowing smoke you know where. So now better HB production for the Patriots is a bad thing? Tell me what Ricky's yards per carry was last season then lets go from there.

I like when people start threads like this. For once, someone will always post no matter how their player knowledge is. They will always post something negative about a player which they don't know about. Fact is that Dillon wanted to be with a new team and was tired of losing. Was tired of playing for a franchise that has underachieved and has had extensive coaching changes. He might have been negative through all this process sometimes but when it was gametime for the past 7 seasons, Corey Dillon has played to his expectations and end of the bargain. Does he make the Running game unstoppable for New England? I'm sure he will give them a huge push if he plays healthy all year long but for the New England patriots, they have a quality player in the backfield.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I still can't put them ahead of Kansas City

How many Super Bowls have the Chiefs even sniffed lately???

Give the Patriots credit, they have been, and likely continue to be, a better team than us... Maybe not player-for-player, but they've owned us... Credit coaching, but isn't a big part of being a good coach putting a quality team on the field, regardless of injuries and such???

Corey Dillon is a vast upgrade to their Offense... Until he became a problem child in Cincy, he was the Offense... Can't catch??? He wasn't stellar out of the backfield, but he had almost 80 receptions his last 2 full seasons in Cincy...

Strike fear??? No, but he is an upgrade, a dramatic one, over Ant Smith...

Big Deal, Kevin Faulk, alleged Dolphin killer. I'm shakin' like a leaf!!

Back
Top Bottom