why dillon being a Pat is not scary at all.. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why dillon being a Pat is not scary at all..

WiGGy said:
Another thing as for you trying to dig up old Dolphins glory from the grave I know a lot about Dynasty more so then you. I live in Boston and there is a team called the Celtics who have won 16 NBA Titles and won it 7 years in a row. What does that mean? Absolutely nothing, the question is what have they done for us lately? The same applies to the Dolphins with that answer being NOTHING. Thats like me trying to bash Piston fans. Please they are on top and the Celtics haven't done squat so what do I do? I keep my mouth shut and respect them as the Champions. Do you get the hint?
It's like a brickwall - this is the reason why. NO franchise can be the best all the time. You want to put us down because we haven't won a SB lately... how can you say then you're not a fairweathered fan? Or does that criteria not apply to your own team?

sbh1602 said:
Thank you, we already have the Lombardies. And we have one more SB appearance than you. And, being the fan I am, I wouldn't trade anything my team has done. But I guess you would. Don't worry, frustation does that to you.

Every football fan knows that? Gee, then your apperances pretty much sum it up. You either get your butts supremely kicked, or barely win thanks to a lot of luck and your kicker...

The Pats have accomplished more in the past 20 years? Well, if all that matter is the SB, then yes, by all means. But it's sad you're willing to black out 30 years of team history for those two trophies... even more sadly for you, we don't need to...

Now I know I bothering you. The both super bowls were lucky...right? :lol:

sbh1602 said:
It's like a brickwall - this is the reason why. NO franchise can be the best all the time. You want to put us down because we haven't won a SB lately... how can you say then you're not a fairweathered fan? Or does that criteria not apply to your own team?

He is not a fairweather fan. He is someone who can admit that his team has ups and downs. When the Pats were not good, I could admit they were not good and didn't expect them to win the super bowl...but I still rooted for them. I think every sports fan can understand this.

DRIVEN,

I agree with your statement here: "So the Pats have accomplished more in the past 20 years, they have two trophies to show for it."

But this statement is so true: SBH1602 "And, being the fan I am, I wouldn't trade anything my team has done."

Looking back at both of these teams' history...you can't deny that Miami has been (and will continue to be) superior to New England. New England was the laughing stock in the NFL for sometime!!! New England has accomplished more recently...no doubt but Miami has been the better organization if you go back to both teams' inception.

Go Fins!!!

Sal Lisitano said:
DRIVEN,

I agree with your statement here: "So the Pats have accomplished more in the past 20 years, they have two trophies to show for it."

But this statement is so true: SBH1602 "And, being the fan I am, I wouldn't trade anything my team has done."

Looking back at both of these teams' history...you can't deny that Miami has been (and will continue to be) superior to New England. New England was the laughing stock in the NFL for sometime!!! New England has accomplished more recently...no doubt but Miami has been the better organization if you go back to both teams' inception.

Go Fins!!!

I can agree with you. But the statement " and will continue to be superior" is so untrue. The Patriots have been the better team for years now and will continue. And do you know why? Because we have Tom Brady at QB. :tongue:

Driven said:
I can agree with you. But the statement " and will continue to be superior" is so untrue. The Patriots have been the better team for years now and will continue. And do you know why? Because we have Tom Brady at QB. :tongue:
Bobby Brady's magic won't last forever.

New England Fin said:
Bobby Brady's magic won't last forever.

Bitterness and nothing else. That's all that statement is. Brady is 26 and a two time SBMVP and has all the tools to be an superstar QB in this league. There is a lot more facts to backup my statement, the only thing that backs up you statement is BITTERNESS.

Driven said:
Bitterness and nothing else. That's all that statement is. Brady is 26 and a two time SBMVP and has all the tools to be an superstar QB in this league. There is a lot more facts to backup my statement, the only thing that backs up you statement is BITTERNESS.
I have no bitterness towards Brady. In Brady's own words he plays "in a very Brady-friendly offense". Brady is aware of his limitations. The NFL changes fast. Coaches change, personnel changes, and the opposition changes. He is on top right now, but my opinion is that Brady will not have a superstar career. Even during his Super Bowl years he has not come close to superstar QB numbers. He was the 10th rated QB in the NFL last year. He was only the 5th best QB in the postseason last year! He is a good QB no question about it, but IMO Brady is not the reason the Pats are winning Super Bowls. Belichick is.

DRIVEN,

"But the statement " and will continue to be superior" is so untrue." Well, I just kind of threw that in there...HA...Anyway,that still remains to be seen!!!

Now the discussion on Brady...what can you say? To put it in a simple fasion...HE WINS!!! That's all that matters!!! He will be a superstar in the NFL...actually, he already is. If there is one QB that you can compare Brady too...it's Montana...and now don't start bashing me for stating that!!! Brady may actually have better physical tools than Montana...they both know how to win!!! I look at consistency...and what a player does to help his team win...Brady has been consistent since he's been the starter in New England and helps his team win in critical situations!!! He helps his team in many ways and he throws a lot of TD's...how many did he have the past three years? Like Dan Marino once said...throwing TD's means the most to him b/c it helps your team win...TD's = Points...and Brady does that!!! I believe that Brady is underrated!!!

Man that was tough to say!!!

Go Fins!!!

New England Fin said:
I have no bitterness towards Brady. In Brady's own words he plays "in a very Brady-friendly offense". Brady is aware of his limitations. The NFL changes fast. Coaches change, personnel changes, and the opposition changes. He is on top right now, but my opinion is that Brady will not have a superstar career. Even during his Super Bowl years he has not come close to superstar QB numbers. He was the 10th rated QB in the NFL last year. He was only the 5th best QB in the postseason last year! He is a good QB no question about it, but IMO Brady is not the reason the Pats are winning Super Bowls. Belichick is.

Completly disagree. IMO, you take Brady off that team and they are an 8-8 team, at best. Belichek really hasn't changed much between being the idiot coach at Cleveland and the genious coach at NE. The difference is Brady. Sure, Weiss has helped on the offensive side, but Brady is the reason that O works.

rafael said:
Completly disagree. IMO, you take Brady off that team and they are an 8-8 team, at best. Belichek really hasn't changed much between being the idiot coach at Cleveland and the genious coach at NE. The difference is Brady. Sure, Weiss has helped on the offensive side, but Brady is the reason that O works.
Well, I agree to disagree. Brady didn't win 2 Super Bowls by himself. The team may be great, but I don't think Brady is. He is not asked to do nearly as much as guys like Manning and McNair. The Pats play calling is IMO the best in the league, which makes Brady's job much easier. And yes, he throws TDs, but 9 QBs threw more than him last year, and he threw more passes than 7 of those 9 guys.

Driven said:
Now I know I bothering you. The both super bowls were lucky...right? :lol:
A lot of posts to respond to... (and no, you're not bothering me)

The first one, you wouldn't even have gone there if it wasn't for the infamous tuck rule. And then in the SB, you had to mount a long drive to get somewhat in range for a long, last-second FG range... hardly dominant, if you ask me.

The second one, did you see the season? Wins by last second long FGs (or bombs) or by mauling the oppositions receiver corps, prompting league-wide changes to the application of rules? C'mon...

Sometimes, season-long stats don't tell the whole story...

Driven said:
He is not a fairweather fan. He is someone who can admit that his team has ups and downs. When the Pats were not good, I could admit they were not good and didn't expect them to win the super bowl...but I still rooted for them. I think every sports fan can understand this.
So the Pats hadn't done squat up until 2001, is that it? That's HIS line of reasoning... and if you say your team hasn't done squat, HOW on earth can you keep rooting for them?

His position is quite confusing, that's all.

Driven said:
Do you really believe so? Do you really believe if you placed him in, say, San Diego, he would still shine as he does?

A superstar QB is he who can single-handedly turn his team around. He can't. He's good, yeah, but he shines because that offense is almost taylor made for him. Anywhere else, he wouldn't be that good. I sincerely hope we have a chance to see that in the future.

And bitterness for what? We've had much greater QBs than him... why would we be bitter about?

New England Fin said:
Well, I agree to disagree. Brady didn't win 2 Super Bowls by himself. The team may be great, but I don't think Brady is. He is not asked to do nearly as much as guys like Manning and McNair. The Pats play calling is IMO the best in the league, which makes Brady's job much easier. And yes, he throws TDs, but 9 QBs threw more than him last year, and he threw more passes than 7 of those 9 guys.
Thank you. He's nowhere near McNair, Manning, Vick, Favre, you know, the elite of the NFL QBs. He's good, and has exploited his position fabulously (sp?). But that doesn't make him the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Back
Top Bottom