why dillon being a Pat is not scary at all.. | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why dillon being a Pat is not scary at all..

New England Fin said:
So Brady is great because his team won the Super Bowl? I think Dilfer, Rypien, McMahon all showed us you don't have to be great QB's to win a Super Bowl. If you put Brett Favre, Peyton Manning or Steve McNair on the Pats team last year any one of them would have won the Super Bowl. Put Brady on the Packers, Colts or Titans and how good are any of those teams? Answer is not very good. Brady is not asked to do as much as the great ones are. He plays on a very good team but he is not an elite QB. He was the 10th rated QB in the NFL last year. He was the 5th rated QB in the playoffs last year. If Brady is great than all of those guys ranked ahead of him are great too, including Kitna, Green, Brooks, etc. Now if you are comparing him to Fiedler, yes he looks great. But he does not look great next to the likes of Favre, Manning and McNair.

You hit that one right on the ***. Brady is a good QB, but sure as hell not great. He could not excel on many other teams around the league. He has a genius coach who knows how to use his strengths. Just because he has two superbowl rings does not mean jack. Bob Griese has 2 rings and no one here says he is better than marino.

Gaphinfan said:
You hit that one right on the ***. Brady is a good QB, but sure as hell not great. He could not excel on many other teams around the league. He has a genius coach who knows how to use his strengths. Just because he has two superbowl rings does not mean jack. Bob Griese has 2 rings and no one here says he is better than marino.

Hey Newbie,

Are you compare Brady with Griese or Marino with Griese?

I am a starter not a newbie.

I am just trying to say that Brady can not be considered some great QB, because his team won 2 superbowls.

Now, If I was a pats fan I would love the guy. But I am just looking at this a realistic view.

It does not make any sense to say "what if Brady were on that team", "what if Manning was on this team". Nobody knows how it would go. Could Manning get along with the rest of the team in New England? Could Brady do well in Tennessee? Who knows? It is all pure speculation.

If you look at the Facts, Brady does what it takes to win. I would not trade Brady for any other QB in the league right now. Why? Because he has won 2 Superbowls in 3 years. Who were the last Quarterbacks to do that? Elway and Aikman thats who. Pretty good company.

But I will not compare Brady to anyone like Monatana or Marino, etc. Why? Because barring any serious injuries, in about 5 to 8 years everyone will be comparing any up and coming QB to Tom Brady.

Oh and back to the original topic. Dillon is a huge upgrade to Smith. How many times did Smith catch the ball out of the backfield. Not nearly as much as Dillon did.

But Miami fans have nothing to fear from Dillon or any other running back for that matter. You guys don't let anyone run on you. It is Brady you have to worry about.

Gaphinfan said:
I am a starter not a newbie.

Iam am justy trying to say that Brady can not be considered some great QB, because his team won 2 superbowls.

Now, If I was a pats fan I would love the guy. But I am just looking at this a realistic view.

Did you read your post before you posted it.

"Iam am justy trying to say that Brady can not be considered some great QB, because his team won 2 superbowls. "

Do you realize how dumb this statement is?

Do you understand that, even that it is unfair, but QB are measured by leading their teams to wins and SB wins. The only expection is Dan theman.

Minvardar said:
It does not make any sense to say "what if Brady were on that team", "what if Manning was on this team". Nobody knows how it would go. Could Manning get along with the rest of the team in New England? Could Brady do well in Tennessee? Who knows? It is all pure speculation.

If you look at the Facts, Brady does what it takes to win. I would not trade Brady for any other QB in the league right now. Why? Because he has won 2 Superbowls in 3 years. Who were the last Quarterbacks to do that? Elway and Aikman thats who. Pretty good company.

But I will not compare Brady to anyone like Monatana or Marino, etc. Why? Because barring any serious injuries, in about 5 to 8 years everyone will be comparing any up and coming QB to Tom Brady.

Oh and back to the original topic. Dillon is a huge upgrade to Smith. How many times did Smith catch the ball out of the backfield. Not nearly as much as Dillon did.

But Miami fans have nothing to fear from Dillon or any other running back for that matter. You guys don't let anyone run on you. It is Brady you have to worry about.

your right, I can't say what if brady was on some other team? Who knows what would happen. The fact is he does win on the Patriots. I will leave it that he is a top 8 Qb in the league, good but not great.

I like Brady, I think he is definitely something special. But I've seen us stop him before and I know we'll stop him again. He always remains a threat but we can shut down any qb. Remember Rich Gannon on his way to Marino's record? Not after their trip to Miami. Most of the time Vinatieri scares me more than Brady, that guy never misses, Mare used to be like that. :(

Driven said:
Did you read your post before you posted it.

"Iam am justy trying to say that Brady can not be considered some great QB, because his team won 2 superbowls. "

Do you realize how dumb this statement is?

Do you understand that, even that it is unfair, but QB are measured by leading their teams to wins and SB wins. The only expection is Dan theman.

Get over it, I was typing fast. Quit crying about my typing and try not to wet your pants when someone talks about your precious PATS.

Trent Dilfer was quite the QB, wasn't he?

Speaking of typing, who the hell is dan theman, I thought we called him Dan the Man.

Gaphinfan said:
Get over it I was typing fast. Quit crying about my typing and try not to wet your pants when someone talks about your precious PATS.

Trent Dilfer was quite the QB wasn't he.

Speaking of typing who the hell is dan theman, I thought we called him Dan the Man.

I was not talking about the typos you idiot! I was stating has dumb your statement.

Sounds like someone is a little insecure about their grammar.

Driven said:
I was not talking about the typos you idiot! I was stating has dumb your statement.

Sounds like someone is a little insecure about their grammar.

has dumb your statement? :roflmao:

If would read my post you would understand that I am not ripping Brady to shreds.

You can't say he is some great QB just because he won 2 superbowls.

You don't have to win championships to be great. Example, Barry Bonds, Karl Malone, Fran Tarkenton, Dan Marino.

I will give Brady credit for being a good QB, but I think he has more to prove. I give him 10 times more credit then Vick.

If that does not make sense, then I am sorry, I don't speak boston.

Gaphinfan said:
has dumb your statement? :roflmao:

If would read my post you would understand that I am not ripping Brady to shreds.

You can't say he is some great QB just because he won 2 superbowls.

You don't have to win championships to be great. Example, Barry Bonds, Karl Malone, Fran Tarkenton, Dan Marino.

I will give Brady credit for being a good QB, but I think he has more to prove. I give him 10 times more credit then Vick.

If that does not make sense, then I am sorry, I don't speak boston.

you missed the pun "has dumb your statement? :roflmao: "

Anyway, your a lost cause. We will just leave it at that.

Driven said:
you missed the pun "has dumb your statement? :roflmao: "

Anyway, your a lost cause. We will just leave it at that.

Don't try to cover up your screw up. I can see right through you.

But obviously, you know more about football than everybody, so I won't argue with you. I would want you killikng your self over another disagreement.

OK... Guys. Enough with the personal insults.

If you can't debate the issue maturely without taking shots at each other personally, you can debate elsewhere... but not here.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom