why dillon being a Pat is not scary at all.. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why dillon being a Pat is not scary at all..

sbh1602 said:
A lot of posts to respond to... (and no, you're not bothering me)

The first one, you wouldn't even have gone there if it wasn't for the infamous tuck rule. And then in the SB, you had to mount a long drive to get somewhat in range for a long, last-second FG range... hardly dominant, if you ask me.

The second one, did you see the season? Wins by last second long FGs (or bombs) or by mauling the oppositions receiver corps, prompting league-wide changes to the application of rules? C'mon...

Sometimes, season-long stats don't tell the whole story...

To win a football game, how many points do you need to win by?

You have no agruement. The only thing that matters in football is WINS. You are just a jealous Dolphins fan.

sbh1602 said:
So the Pats hadn't done squat up until 2001, is that it? That's HIS line of reasoning... and if you say your team hasn't done squat, HOW on earth can you keep rooting for them?

His position is quite confusing, that's all.

I guess you are a fairweather fan. Sport fans are supose to root for their home town team no matter what. When you grow up a fan of a team you stick with them until one day....one day it will all pay off.

And these past three years....boy has it paid off. :evil:

sbh1602 said:
Do you really believe so? Do you really believe if you placed him in, say, San Diego, he would still shine as he does?

A superstar QB is he who can single-handedly turn his team around. He can't. He's good, yeah, but he shines because that offense is almost taylor made for him. Anywhere else, he wouldn't be that good. I sincerely hope we have a chance to see that in the future.

And bitterness for what? We've had much greater QBs than him... why would we be bitter about?

Do you remember the 2001 season? When Bledsoe started that season and could not move that offense down the feild? Brady came in and did what? I will quote you "A superstar QB is he who can single-handedly turn his team around."

Well coming and wining a SB sounds like turn around. Your statement has some holes in it.

BTW, What would you be bitter about? And what does that great QB have to show for it? Sorry low blow ;)

Driven said:
Do you remember the 2001 season? When Bledsoe started that season and could not move that offense down the feild? Brady came in and did what? I will quote you "A superstar QB is he who can single-handedly turn his team around."

Well coming and wining a SB sounds like turn around. Your statement has some holes in it.

BTW, What would you be bitter about? And what does that great QB have to show for it? Sorry low blow ;)
So Brady is great because his team won the Super Bowl? I think Dilfer, Rypien, McMahon all showed us you don't have to be great QB's to win a Super Bowl. If you put Brett Favre, Peyton Manning or Steve McNair on the Pats team last year any one of them would have won the Super Bowl. Put Brady on the Packers, Colts or Titans and how good are any of those teams? Answer is not very good. Brady is not asked to do as much as the great ones are. He plays on a very good team but he is not an elite QB. He was the 10th rated QB in the NFL last year. He was the 5th rated QB in the playoffs last year. If Brady is great than all of those guys ranked ahead of him are great too, including Kitna, Green, Brooks, etc. Now if you are comparing him to Fiedler, yes he looks great. But he does not look great next to the likes of Favre, Manning and McNair.

Brady knows how to win...he is the MAIN reason the Pats have been successful. Take Brady out and the Pats are an above .500 team but not by much. And the 2 SB Wins...take Brady out of those games...and you can foogedaboudit...without him the Pats would have lost both...if you had Bledslow back there...it would have been a sackfest.

Like I said in a previous post:

DRIVEN,

"But the statement " and will continue to be superior" is so untrue." Well, I just kind of threw that in there...HA...Anyway,that still remains to be seen!!!

Now the discussion on Brady...what can you say? To put it in a simple fasion...HE WINS!!! That's all that matters!!! He will be a superstar in the NFL...actually, he already is. If there is one QB that you can compare Brady too...it's Montana...and now don't start bashing me for stating that!!! Brady may actually have better physical tools than Montana...they both know how to win!!! I look at consistency...and what a player does to help his team win...Brady has been consistent since he's been the starter in New England and helps his team win in critical situations!!! He helps his team in many ways and he throws a lot of TD's...how many did he have the past three years? Like Dan Marino once said...throwing TD's means the most to him b/c it helps your team win...TD's = Points...and Brady does that!!! I believe that Brady is underrated!!!

Man that was tough to say!!!

Go Fins!!!

New England Fin said:
So Brady is great because his team won the Super Bowl? I think Dilfer, Rypien, McMahon all showed us you don't have to be great QB's to win a Super Bowl. If you put Brett Favre, Peyton Manning or Steve McNair on the Pats team last year any one of them would have won the Super Bowl. Put Brady on the Packers, Colts or Titans and how good are any of those teams? Answer is not very good. Brady is not asked to do as much as the great ones are. He plays on a very good team but he is not an elite QB. He was the 10th rated QB in the NFL last year. He was the 5th rated QB in the playoffs last year. If Brady is great than all of those guys ranked ahead of him are great too, including Kitna, Green, Brooks, etc. Now if you are comparing him to Fiedler, yes he looks great. But he does not look great next to the likes of Favre, Manning and McNair.

Please stop talking about Brady. You really have no idea what you are talking about and you have no idea about the Pats offense. Maybe if you watched every Pats game last year, you would understand how important Brady is in the Pats O.

Brady runs and make that O work. He is the main reason the Pats won the SB last year. I know what you are going to say. The Pats D was the reason they won the SB. Well what happen to that D in the SB? Tom Brady won that SB.

Driven said:
Please stop talking about Brady. You really have no idea what you are talking about and you have no idea about the Pats offense. Maybe if you watched every Pats game last year, you would understand how important Brady is in the Pats O.

Brady runs and make that O work. He is the main reason the Pats won the SB last year. I know what you are going to say. The Pats D was the reason they won the SB. Well what happen to that D in the SB? Tom Brady won that SB.
I think I have a pretty good idea what I am talking about. I have to watch the Pats every stinkin' weekend and probably saw more games at the Razor than you did last year. Yeah, they passed the ball in the Super Bowl because that is the way to beat the Panthers. The strength of the Panthers' defense is against the run, not against the pass.

New England Fin said:
I think I have a pretty good idea what I am talking about. I have to watch the Pats every stinkin' weekend and probably saw more games at the Razor than you did last year. Yeah, they passed the ball in the Super Bowl because that is the way to beat the Panthers. The strength of the Panthers' defense is against the run, not against the pass.

Actually everyone of your post has indicated that you have limited football knowledge. And you did not see more games than me.

If you really have seen every Pats game last year, than you just proved my point....you have no idea what you are talking about.

Driven said:
Actually everyone of your post has indicated that you have limited football knowledge. And you did not see more games than me.

If you really have seen every Pats game last year, than you just proved my point....you have no idea what you are talking about.

Sounds like you don't like the posts so you are starting to go after the poster.

New England Fin said:
Sounds like you don't like the posts so you are starting to go after the poster.

Actually, I got nothing against the poster and the poster is probably a nice guy or girl. But I see these generic posts all the time.

"Well if you put this guy on that and then that guy on this and so and so on." These kinds of posts hold no weight and have no substance and can not backup any kind of arguement.

BTW, There is a lot other aspects to the QB position other than stats.

Driven said:
Actually, I got nothing against the poster and the poster is probably a nice guy or girl. But I see these generic posts all the time.

"Well if you put this guy on that and then that guy on this and so and so on." These kinds of posts hold no weight and have no substance and can not backup any kind of arguement.

BTW, There is a lot other aspects to the QB position other than stats.
I would agree that there is more than stats to the QB position. Don't get me wrong, I wish the Fins had Brady, but there are at least 5 other QBs in the NFL that I would rather see on the Fins than Brady.

Justasportsfan said:
You forget they won 2 sb's w/ Antwain Smith. Just like like your "Boston is an upgrade over Thompson" agrument Dillon is an upgrade over Smith. :tongue:

Everyone else sucks but every move the fins did is great. :lol:

I hate the Pats just as much as you do, but I am not blind. Try looking at things w/o wearing your teal glasses will ya!

Or I could look at in my "the dolphins have only given up one 100 yard rusher in 2 years" glasses.

That would be edgerine James, 2002 season.

The fact is Running backs don't scare me against the dolphins, Tomlison hasn't done it in 2 years, holmes, J. Lewis, T. Henry, and the list goes on.

New England Fin said:
I would agree that there is more than stats to the QB position. Don't get me wrong, I wish the Fins had Brady, but there are at least 5 other QBs in the NFL that I would rather see on the Fins than Brady.

That's fine, I wouldn't trade him for anyone in the league. We both can have our opinions. But I would bet if Brady won two SB for the fins, you wouldn't trade him for Manning. The kid just wins.

Back
Top Bottom