why dillon being a Pat is not scary at all.. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why dillon being a Pat is not scary at all..

WiGGy said:
When is the last time the Dolphins have actually accomplished ANYTHING of importance? Thats like us Celtics fans talking about what they did ages ago. It has absolutely nothing to do with recent events. The Dolphins have done nothing if you weren't aware of that. Were you even born or even see any those games the Dolphins won back in the early 70's? Give us a break and save it. I was born in Boston (Dorchester to be exact) and have been a fan since I was old enough to understand them so save your fairweather fan remarks. I was there through the bad and good. The Plunkett, Grogan, Eason and Bledsoe days. Brady is the man now and is doing ok from what I've seen. The Patriots have been in the Super Bowl FOUR TIMES since 1985 and have won two of them. What have the Dolphins done in the last 20 years?

Wiggy,

I see he has not replied. Owned!

juniorseau55 said:
I like when people start threads like this. For once, someone will always post no matter how their player knowledge is. They will always post something negative about a player which they don't know about. Fact is that Dillon wanted to be with a new team and was tired of losing. Was tired of playing for a franchise that has underachieved and has had extensive coaching changes. He might have been negative through all this process sometimes but when it was gametime for the past 7 seasons, Corey Dillon has played to his expectations and end of the bargain. Does he make the Running game unstoppable for New England? I'm sure he will give them a huge push if he plays healthy all year long but for the New England patriots, they have a quality player in the backfield.

Are you serious????? Dillonbegan complaining last year when the bengals were in the middle of a great winning streak!!!!!

Trust me I know as much about dillon as you do any fin......he's washed up....its not the team its him......It buthers me when people just read headlines and know everything........as far as Corey pal you dont know what your talking about:confused: :confused:

WiGGy said:
When is the last time the Dolphins have actually accomplished ANYTHING of importance?
That depens on your definition of importance - but, since you're setting "importance=SB win", you've just become as important as us.

WiGGy said:
The Dolphins have done nothing if you weren't aware of that. Were you even born or even see any those games the Dolphins won back in the early 70's? Give us a break and save it.
You give me a break. I was alive when Lambeau was in the midst of his coaching career with the Pack, so YOU save it. I not only remember the Dolphins victories in the 70's, but I remember the pathetic teams the Patriots have fielded.

WiGGy said:
I was born in Boston (Dorchester to be exact) and have been a fan since I was old enough to understand them so save your fairweather fan remarks. I was there through the bad and good. The Plunkett, Grogan, Eason and Bledsoe days.
Nice. It shouldn't be hard to forget, then, the pitiful history of your team.

WiGGy said:
Brady is the man now and is doing ok from what I've seen. The Patriots have been in the Super Bowl FOUR TIMES since 1985 and have won two of them. What have the Dolphins done in the last 20 years?
Your "man" is doing more than OK. So is your team. So... what? Given that history means nothing to you...

You've been to the SB 4 time since 1985... try since foundation. The fact it has happened recentely means nothing - so have the Bills. And we've still been to one more than you, so what?

As far as what the Dolphins have done the last 20 years:

Dolphins, 1983~Present: 204-131, .608, 6 divisional titles, 12 playoff appearances.

Patriots, 1983~Present: 168-167. .501, 5 divisional titles, 8 playoff appearances.

Seems to me we've done far more than you...

sbh1602 said:

Dolphins, 1983~Present: 204-131, .608, 6 divisional titles, 12 playoff appearances.

Patriots, 1983~Present: 168-167. .501, 5 divisional titles, 8 playoff appearances.

How convenient you forgot the Pats 4 Super Bowl appearances and the two wins. What a joke. You would trade every playoff appearance for one Super Bowl win, nevermind two.

Every football fan knows that the only thing that matters is the Super Bowl. So the Pats have accomplished more in the past 20 years, they have two trophies to show for it.

Driven said:
How convenient you forgot the Pats 4 Super Bowl appearances and the two wins. What a joke. You would trade every playoff appearance for one Super Bowl win, nevermind two.

Every football fan knows that the only thing that matters is the Super Bowl. So the Pats have accomplished more in the past 20 years, they have two trophies to show for it.
Thank you, we already have the Lombardies. And we have one more SB appearance than you. And, being the fan I am, I wouldn't trade anything my team has done. But I guess you would. Don't worry, frustation does that to you.

Every football fan knows that? Gee, then your apperances pretty much sum it up. You either get your butts supremely kicked, or barely win thanks to a lot of luck and your kicker...

The Pats have accomplished more in the past 20 years? Well, if all that matter is the SB, then yes, by all means. But it's sad you're willing to black out 30 years of team history for those two trophies... even more sadly for you, we don't need to...

Dillon will not be as good as A Smith was in 2001 (1157 yards rushing and 12 TDs). If he comes close to those numbers it will be a surprise. How good can he be?! The guy was going to be a bench player in Cincinnati this year!!

Also, the guy has always been trouble. Last year he complained about playing time when his team was 8-6 and in first place. This made a huge statement about his character. In the past, all of his previous problems could be washed away with the "I'm just frustrated because I want to win" line. But last year his team was winning so that excuse was gone. His true character came through loud and clear. It doesn't matter how many veterans they surround him with in New England -they're not going to change his personality. This guy will drive Belichick nuts.

The one good thing I can say about the Pats getting Dillon is that they got one of the better backup RBs in the league. Now if they could just get someone to be the starter.

:roflmao: :laughat: Yep.

Dolphinizzle said:
You're really beating that line to death. Come up with some new material will ya? I've read that in like 10 different threads now. :D

New England Fin said:
Dillon will not be as good as A Smith was in 2001 (1157 yards rushing and 12 TDs). If he comes close to those numbers it will be a surprise. How good can he be?! The guy was going to be a bench player in Cincinnati this year!!

Also, the guy has always been trouble. Last year he complained about playing time when his team was 8-6 and in first place. This made a huge statement about his character. In the past, all of his previous problems could be washed away with the "I'm just frustrated because I want to win" line. But last year his team was winning so that excuse was gone. His true character came through loud and clear. It doesn't matter how many veterans they surround him with in New England -they're not going to change his personality. This guy will drive Belichick nuts.

The one good thing I can say about the Pats getting Dillon is that they got one of the better backup RBs in the league. Now if they could just get someone to be the starter.

This guy is a realist....now Dillon will start....but I doubt he'll be highly effective.;)

Quick, someone name 2 of NE starting offensive linemen..........
I guess my point is they lost Woody and their oline wasn't exactly dominating people last year, they are very weak up front and their roster is older than ours if I had to guess. Don't forget the last time they won the Super Bowl they went 9-7 the following year and barring that 4th quarter meltdown in foxboro they should have been 8-8. Let's wait and see how they respond this upcoming season.

sbh1602 said:
That depens on your definition of importance - but, since you're setting "importance=SB win", you've just become as important as us.

You give me a break. I was alive when Lambeau was in the midst of his coaching career with the Pack, so YOU save it. I not only remember the Dolphins victories in the 70's, but I remember the pathetic teams the Patriots have fielded.

Nice. It shouldn't be hard to forget, then, the pitiful history of your team.

Your "man" is doing more than OK. So is your team. So... what? Given that history means nothing to you...

You've been to the SB 4 time since 1985... try since foundation. The fact it has happened recentely means nothing - so have the Bills. And we've still been to one more than you, so what?

See that big FAT DONUT "0" ZERO.........as in Zero Super Bowl wins. Ask any player why they play the game. I wouldn't doubt why Terrell Buckley got the heck out of South Beach. He wanted to go where he has a chance to be a champion "AGAIN". He knows it's not going to happen in Miami. You can have your winning percentages I'll take the two Super Bowl victories. What are you going to tell me next, Super Bowl wins aren't as important as having a better winning percentage over that span?

midwest_phinfan said:
Quick, someone name 2 of NE starting offensive linemen..........
I guess my point is they lost Woody and their oline wasn't exactly dominating people last year, they are very weak up front and their roster is older than ours if I had to guess. Don't forget the last time they won the Super Bowl they went 9-7 the following year and barring that 4th quarter meltdown in foxboro they should have been 8-8. Let's wait and see how they respond this upcoming season.

Those "NO NAME" offensive linemen gave up ZERO SACKS from week 17 through the Super Bowl. How did the Dolphins offensive line hold up during the playoffs?

Another thing as for you trying to dig up old Dolphins glory from the grave I know a lot about Dynasty more so then you. I live in Boston and there is a team called the Celtics who have won 16 NBA Titles and won it 7 years in a row. What does that mean? Absolutely nothing, the question is what have they done for us lately? The same applies to the Dolphins with that answer being NOTHING. Thats like me trying to bash Piston fans. Please they are on top and the Celtics haven't done squat so what do I do? I keep my mouth shut and respect them as the Champions. Do you get the hint?

WiGGy said:
See that big FAT DONUT "0" ZERO.........as in Zero Super Bowl wins. Ask any player why they play the game. I wouldn't doubt why Terrell Buckley got the heck out of South Beach. He wanted to go where he has a chance to be a champion "AGAIN". He knows it's not going to happen in Miami. You can have your winning percentages I'll take the two Super Bowl victories. What are you going to tell me next, Super Bowl wins aren't as important as having a better winning percentage over that span?
You said we haven't done "squat" in the last 20 years. My info was simply presented to show you that what we've done hardly qualifies as "squat".

As for your SB victories you so proudly speak of, we have as much as you. AND more SB appearances. You want to dismiss that because it happened in the 70's, fine. But just because yours happened recently does not mean they're a bigger accomplishment than ours.

Back
Top Bottom