why dillon being a Pat is not scary at all.. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why dillon being a Pat is not scary at all..

nicolosi718 said:
Here is a perfect example of an ignorant, arrogant fan. It doesn't matter to me that he is a NE fan. If you disagree with the detmer/feeley depth on the team ..... fine. If you think NE is the best .... fine. But go somewhere else because to me and most of the readers here, your annoying.

** P.S. to all you other non-dolphins fans who want constructive conversations, keep posting this wasn't meant for you

"If you think NE is the best .... fine. But go somewhere else because to me and most of the readers here, your annoying." Well said.

Here's why I'm not scared of the Pats picking up Corey Dillon:

Miami was the only team last season who did not allow a single back to rush for 100 yards, nobody. Not LT, not jamal lewis, edgerin james, tiki barber nobody that faced them. They are the best run stuffing team in the league they have notinjg to worry about.

I registered strictly for this thread, dont worry, wont be posting much... A couple issue's I wanted to touch on.

1st off, I agree you dont have to worry much about Dillon in our 1 on 1 match ups because the Fins are one of the top teams vs the run & I dont think Dillon will add anything more to the match up other then you have to respect him more then you did Antowain.

2nd, on this issue..

DBoston80 said:
...lets see...dillons two glaring weakness's are 1.) cant catch to save his life 2.) Is a horrible short yardage back..
I would say both are false... Not saying he's great at either, but they are not 2 "glaring" weaknesses.

1st off, Dillon is simply replacing Antowain. He will get 80-100 more carries( Antowain had 182) while taking away some pass attempts from Brady & carries from Faulk( hell be more locked in as a 3rd down back, rather then split time). Belichick will play match up like has been pointed out & vs the Fins you might see more of Faulk because well still have to beat you with the passing game & at least he can pop a few draws.

2nd, Dillon will be a bigger part of the passing game then Antowain was. He isnt "great" in the passing game, but has softer hands & runs routes out of the backfield smoother then Antowain. Hell have 30-40 catches by the end of the year.

3rd, the short yardage thing is nonsense. I know the Pats O-Line isnt great, i'd say good pass blocking & average run blocking. In Cinni, they just didnt get it done up front for him in those situations. I remember a few goalline situations that they ran it 4 times & couldnt get in, but none of those times did I come away thinking Dillon was the problem. He never had a chance because Cinni's O-Line got beat at the point of attack.

On the larger issue... Like I said at the top, I dont think you have to worry in our 1 on 1 match ups, but in the large scheme of things you better worry that a team that went 17-2 upgraded a weakness with a good( not great) player. I dont think Pats win 14 regular season games again, but Dillon will be part of allowing this team to maintain a consistent level of play through out the season, unlike in 2002.

I expect both the Pats & Fins to win 11-12 games & both make the playoffs. On Dillon specifically I see his stats to breakdown like this...

Low end Dillon 260 atts 4.0 YPC for only 1040 yards

High end 280 atts 4.2 YPC for 1176 yards

No less then 6 TD's, no more then 10

I think the Pats fans that think Dillon will get 1300+ arent being real because he wont get the attempts or YPC to put up monster numbers, but on the flipside, people that think he wont make a bigger impact then Antowain are lying to themselves just the same.

Anyways, thats all I wanted to add...

P.S., want to say hi to my best buddy in the world Disgustipate(x)... see your avatar is the famous poll, cute:roflmao:

You don't have to agree with it(which I do to a large extent) but you have to respect a sensible post. A Pats fan not screaming "Fins suck and Dillon will get 1,500 yards"....kudos to you.

One thing I'm counting on is Dillon being a locker room distraction. Don't say it won't happen under Belichick because I've listened to his bs for the last 5-6 years(the Bengals are a popular team around here because they are closest). He complains EVERYTIME things don't go his way. All you heard is that he wanted out of Cincy, then he turns around signs a long extention, and did nothing but complain the proceeding years. Then when Rudi Johnson broke out and Dillon saw that he was being pushed out of a job, he's the consumate team player and states that he is willing to SHARE CARRIES now.....that ship had already sailed!

Dillon doesn't worry me, the same people as last year worry me.....Belichick, Weiss, Crennel, and Brady.

KYfinfan said:
You don't have to agree with it(which I do to a large extent) but you have to respect a sensible post. A Pats fan not screaming "Fins suck and Dillon will get 1,500 yards"....kudos to you.

One thing I'm counting on is Dillon being a locker room distraction. Don't say it won't happen under Belichick because I've listened to his bs for the last 5-6 years(the Bengals are a popular team around here because they are closest). He complains EVERYTIME things don't go his way. All you heard is that he wanted out of Cincy, then he turns around signs a long extention, and did nothing but complain the proceeding years. Then when Rudi Johnson broke out and Dillon saw that he was being pushed out of a job, he's the consumate team player and states that he is willing to SHARE CARRIES now.....that ship had already sailed!

Dillon doesn't worry me, the same people as last year worry me.....Belichick, Weiss, Crennel, and Brady.
1st off, thanks...

My opinion(more hope then fact) is well have a 1st year honeymoon with Dillon. I think coming to an established team with guys that not only have 2 rings, but played in a 3rd superbowl as well( Bruschi, Mcginest & Brown... no hope with Law in that regard) will keep him in line for 2004. After that its anyone's guess, but there is a reason we only have him locked up for 2 years( have an option for 2005). Dillon was not added as a long term answer, more a short term upgrade.

So, I have no delusions hell come here & be a choir boy, but at least early on I think pressure from teammates will keep him quiet.

So, I have no delusions hell come here & be a choir boy, but at least early on I think pressure from teammates will keep him quiet.
I made this point earlier in this thread. And on top of that, even if he did get out of line, Belichick would show him the door faster than he did Terry Glenn. No way he's puts up with any crap.

Also remember, unlike in Cincy, Dillon will not be the focus but WILL need to be defended. If he has anything left in the tank, approaching his ability in Cincy, he can make a much bigger impact than say, A. Smith. If he's effective, it will only make the passing game better. If the D focuses on the passing game, that opens up Dillon. Obviously, He has not played in a sophisticated offense that is anywhere near as good as this one.

Maybe you Fins fans aren't worried about him, but I guarantee your coaching staff will be when they are preparing for the Pats.

BradyJustWins said:
He may be this season, and I'm pretty sure that early on he will be the consumate team player. But when he gets comfortable I think the bitching and complaining will start(I'm hoping for midseason;) ). Plus I think he turns 30 this year which has seemed to be a curse for RB's in the past. But these guys are bigger and a little more durable than in the past.

DBoston80 said:
...lets see...dillons two glaring weakness's are 1.) cant catch to save his life 2.) Is a horrible short yardage back..
;)
Well it is easy to tell you don't know what you are talking about.:shakeno:
Dillon in mini camp did catch just about anything that Brady and Kingsbury sent his way. In 2001 Dillon had 34 receptions for 228 yards. in 2002 he had 43 receptions for 298 yards. That was on a very bad team! He can't catch?:roflmao:
Dillon is down to 220lbs from the 235lbs he was last season. He posted a 4.45 40 time in mini camp with sholder pads on.:eek: His only problem with short yardage inside was the crappy O-Line in Cinci. You may have noted the Patriots don't have that problem. Most of the Patriots players have said that Dilon is far better than they had expected. You didn't even come close to the truth with your post.:evil:

There might as well be a thread on a Pats site citing the same thing about OUR enigma...
Why Boston is not scary at all !!
Much like Boston, Dillon has underachieved these past 2 years and is considered an enigma...Their ego has played a big part in their demise (Dillon losing the starting job pouting on the bench and Boston unhappy with the number of passes thrown his way)
If everything falls in place, I agree with most Pats fans, Dillon will be a dangerous threat, but so will David Boston..the same David Boston that runs a 4.3, is built like Hulk and caught 98 passes for 1600 yards 2 years ago...

Pink_Dove said:
There might as well be a thread on a Pats site citing the same thing about OUR enigma...
Why Boston is not scary at all !!
Much like Boston, Dillon has underachieved these past 2 years and is considered an enigma...Their ego has played a big part in their demise (Dillon losing the starting job pouting on the bench and Boston unhappy with the number of passes thrown his way)
If everything falls in place, I agree with most Pats fans, Dillon will be a dangerous threat, but so will David Boston..the same David Boston that runs a 4.3, is built like Hulk and caught 98 passes for 1600 yards 2 years ago...
Yes Boston has the potential to be a real solid player. But like any other WR you have to be able to get him the ball. At this time the Dolphins have not shown that they will be able to do that. With the new O-Line yet to have much time together. You still are at an unknown point with the QBs. You can bet every team will test that O-line to see if they can hold up.

Justasportsfan said:
. Try looking at things w/o wearing your teal glasses will ya!

You're really beating that line to death. Come up with some new material will ya? I've read that in like 10 different threads now. :D

FlyingElvis said:
Also remember, unlike in Cincy, Dillon will not be the focus but WILL need to be defended. If he has anything left in the tank, approaching his ability in Cincy, he can make a much bigger impact than say, A. Smith.
Wrong! The reason Dillon is in New England is because HE WAS NOT THE FOCUS IN CINCINNATI LAST YEAR!! Dillon has to be the focus to be even remotely happy. I'm not sure why Pats fans assume that he will be a good boy for a year on this team. He had a perfect opportunity to show his character last year when the Bengals were 8-6, and in first place, with two games to play. He was playing for a good coach and had the opportunity to show that he really cares about winning. We all know the rest of the story. "I'm not getting any respect", "I want to be traded" etc. etc. etc.

It's obvious whoever started this thread is worried about Dillon. If he wasn't why did he even bother posting. Someobdy is looking for reassurance from others to discredit Dillon's arrival to the Patriots. All the excuses by Dolphins fans are pathetic. Dillon can't catch Dillon is over the hill, lame talk over and over. How welll did Antoine Smith catch, how old is he? I don't think I ever saw Smith have a run over 40-50 yards as a Patriot but yet Dillon isn't an upgrade and won't be a factor? You Dolphins fans are desperate. It doesn't bother me though because no matter what we know the Dolphins ARE NOT going any where anyhow. Ultimate over achieving choke artists. We laugh at your team. The Patriots on the other hand will be good again and DO HAVE a realistic chance to win it all unlike the Dolphins who are stuck in mediocracy. Say what you want but thats all that matters to me.

WiGGy said:
It's obvious whoever started this thread is worried about Dillon. If he wasn't why did he even bother posting. Someobdy is looking for reassurance from others to discredit Dillon's arrival to the Patriots. All the excuses by Dolphins fans are pathetic. Dillon can't catch Dillon is over the hill, lame talk over and over. How welll did Antoine Smith catch, how old is he? I don't think I ever saw Smith have a run over 40-50 yards as a Patriot but yet Dillon isn't an upgrade and won't be a factor? You Dolphins fans are desperate. It doesn't bother me though because no matter what we know the Dolphins ARE NOT going any where anyhow. Ultimate over achieving choke artists. We laugh at your team. The Patriots on the other hand will be good again and DO HAVE a realistic chance to win it all unlike the Dolphins who are stuck in mediocracy. Say what you want but thats all that matters to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYPER

The rule you're referring to only applies to the first three quarters. In the 4th quarter anyone can come in.

Last season, whenever McNabb came out in the 4th quarter, they put in Detmer instead of Feeley which pretty much proves your opinion WRONG. The Philly coaching staff apparently had more confidence in Koy Detmer than they did in the player you traded a second rounder to acquire.

Face it....your front office is a bunch of buffoons. Until that changes you guys aren't going anywhere.

New England is where it's at baby. And that's where it's going to remain.

);p

Are you two dating?

Back
Top Bottom