why dillon being a Pat is not scary at all.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why dillon being a Pat is not scary at all..

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
KC Chiefs doing so well every year

hahahahaha

Are you joking?

Dont be so quick to forget the Raiders owned that division a few years ago. Are you forgetting they went to the Super Bowl not to long ago? And before that it was the Broncos... Dont tell me the Chiefs do well every year, because they dont. I could bet money that they wont win more then 8 games this season by the looks of their schedule. The Raiders will win the Division this season with a healthy Rich Gannon and Kerry Collins backing him up... AND with 2nd overall pick this year Robert Gallery.

I am talking about their offense. KC Chiefs have had a good offense for a while.

New England Fin said:
Two questions about Dillon - Is he still any good? Will he be a team player?

http://www.endzoneaction.com/endzoneaction.com-informant.html

I don't think this personal thing will be an issue for Dillon in NE. and you didn't see it for years in Cincy...so this is a new thing that happened last year and I don't think it's consistent in his personality, people won't let stuff go...He's out of Cincy and I think happy now, just as Boston is here.

MDFINFAN said:
I don't think this personal thing will be an issue for Dillon in NE. and you didn't see it for years in Cincy...so this is a new thing that happened last year and I don't think it's consistent in his personality, people won't let stuff go...He's out of Cincy and I think happy now, just as Boston is here.

You must of not been following the bengals. Dillon has been complaining since Carl Pickens was on the team. Dillon is part of the reason for the gag order in contracts for the bengals.

I believe Dillon is a terrific RB, and the change of scenery and being around guys that are proven winners and more (importantly in his case) know how to prepare to win will make him better. I dont htink he had either of those in Cincy. In my mind the AFC East has is loaded with the best RB's in the game (for a division). Ricky, Corey, Henry (not leonard..lol) Mgahee is very talented, and dont for get C. Martin though he is on the decline. I would not underestimate NEs OC ability to get Corey in some good situations, though our D is our strongpoint so I am not overly concerned; as I think our D has improved more than their O. I hope Dillon ends up sucking, but I dont think he will...4D

Yes he was a good pick up....answer me this..would you rather face the Pats running at you, or throwing on you???

My point is it's nice we dont have to worry about that extra reciever out of the backfield when CD is in!!! when he is in we have to keep lb's in...thats good!! Because when they pass with him in the game we have one less headache in their tricky passing game to worry about ..we can focus on the WR & TE's...my point is Dillon is not multi-talented!! He is one dimensional..and that helps us..and someone mentioned he IS good in short yardage...Sorry Ive saw alot of Bengal's games and its been Rudi Johnson or Brandon Bennett on short plays..I know because I saw...and to say he only complained because the Bengals sucked is not completley true.....they were on a 3 game winning streak last year when he started crying...now a change of scenary will be good for CD but how good can it be when your past your prime and will touch the ball sparingly???

Dillon is a huge improvement over Smith. I would be a lot happer if Dillon was not on the Patriots. The thing about Dillon is that he seems to care more about his stats than winning. He was fine in Cincy for years when they sucked and he did well, but when Lewis came in and they became a decent team, he was no longer happy. I have a feeling that Dillon is not committed to winning and would rather see himself do well than his team.

For years Dillon was running at 8 to 10 men in the box every play.This year the Pats
will play 2 TEs and 2 WRs with Dillon in the back field.If the Defense puts 8 in the box
Brady will pass at will, some one will be open all the time.If the defense covers the
TEs and WRs and the Pats O-line makes the same holes it did for A.Smith last year
Dillon will run wild.

I can't what to see what B.B. and C.W. come up with.....this is going to be a fun year!

saying dillon cannot catch the ball is false,he is not half bad actually.he is not larry centers but he is not as bad catching as you claim.

Are you freakin kidding me!!!! Ive seen this man drop 2 balls for everyone he catches!!!! Wow I know its rough watching Bengals games but I do so I base my comments on what I saw...not what I hope!!!

I'm not the least bit worried about Corey Dillon. He is exactly the back that the Dolphins THRIVE on. Our defense matches up fantastic against Dillon.

Backs in Dillon's mold are the kind we do great against. Look at LT. In terms of pure running style, Dillon and Tomlinson are very close. Dillon aint near as good anymore, but the blend of power, speed, and moves is pretty close.

We fark up backs like Dillon/Tomlinson. Look at what we did to Dillon's younger, more talented proxy.. Last season he was 24 for 62(2.6 ypc), and the season before he was 14 for 42(3.2 ypc).

Not only that, but Dillon is one dimensional, like he said. The Patriots have absolutely no reason to keep him on the field in passing situations. He is neither a good reciever, nor a good blocker.

And his O-line is going to be bad. The Patriots have a line full of players like Tim Ruddy..Smarter, smaller guys who are better pass blockers and rely on technique, not power. They dont have ANYONE who is a nasty, drive blocking mauler. They got rid of the only one they had in Damion Woody. You need at least one or two of those guys for a good power running attack.

LT had those when he faced us. He doesnt have a superstar caliber line, but he had some fierce runblocking linemen, and arguably the best run blocking fullback in Lorenzo Neal.

Back
Top Bottom