Why Do "fans" Read Only? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Do "fans" Read Only?

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
I'm dying to know.

I can understand some topics but, projecting a record can be done by a chimp and failing to wish our Armed Forces a bit of luck on the 4th of July is pathetic.

Just my opinion, for whatever it's worth.

SouthBeach1 said:
I'm dying to know.

I can understand some topics but, projecting a record can be done by a chimp and failing to wish our Armed Forces a bit of luck on the 4th of July is pathetic.

Right out of left field here.

I understand your point of "predicting records" but some people are into it.

The latter comment is pretty bizzare and quirky.
What on earth do people predicting a football teams record for fun have to do with wishing armed forces good luck on the 4th? This board has nothing to do with armed forces.
Should everyone post something to troops in Iraq (that won't be reading any of this to begin with) after every football post?

In addition it just turned the 4th 15 minutes ago so why on earth are you calling people out?
You'll see many posts for the armed forces in the lounge and political forum as July 4th unfolds.

Of course, I think it's safe to say we all wish our troops the best of luck EVERY DAY!

Trek has a good point.

In addition most of the so call reads that show up on those numbers are from unregistered lurkers who cannot post.

Even among the registered members there is a silent majority of non posters regardless of the topics.You would be jumping to a conclusion by thinking they are unpatriotic.

ill tell you why

CAUSE ITS A FREAKIN MIAMI DOLPHINS FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARD!

Maybe some people think they can't add to the thread. I do that like ten times a day: read a post, think of my stance on the matter, prepare to type it, and see someone has already written exactly what I meant to say. I could do one of those little 'yeah that' emoticons if it would make you feel better.
I wrote something in the 4th of july thread, but it was pretty much the same thing everyone else wrote so I understand why a lot of people would be discouraged from writing the same thing as everyone else.

I hadn't seen the ""4th of July post" he made. I now understand a little more about what he was talking about.
The comments would make a lot more sense if it would have been made IN the thread he was referencing rather than a random stand alone new thread.

If you haven't seen the other thread, how on earth do you know what he is talking about.

CrunchTime said:
Trek has a good point.

In addition most of the so call reads that show up on those numbers are from unregistered lurkers who cannot post.

Even among the registered members there is a silent majority of non posters regardless of the topics.You would be jumping to a conclusion by thinking they are unpatriotic.
Not sure about this, but doesn't each time a member looks at a thread considered a "read" too?

popularwar said:
Maybe some people think they can't add to the thread. I do that like ten times a day: read a post, think of my stance on the matter, prepare to type it, and see someone has already written exactly what I meant to say. I could do one of those little 'yeah that' emoticons if it would make you feel better.
I wrote something in the 4th of july thread, but it was pretty much the same thing everyone else wrote so I understand why a lot of people would be discouraged from writing the same thing as everyone else.

I agree, I'm exactly like you are. I feel your pain. I've been here over 5 years and don't even have 1000 posts

EBMisfit said:
Not sure about this, but doesn't each time a member looks at a thread considered a "read" too?

I think thats right.Maybe a Mod can confirm that.And maybe he will merge this thread with the other thread by this same poster .

SouthBeach1 said:
I'm dying to know.

I can't give our vets and current fighting soldiers abroad enough props, but this is a Dolphins Message Board. I have no problem with you posting this here, but it really belongs in the "General Forum" because it has nothing to do with the Miami Dolphins. That being said, our vets are the best and lets bring may all of our troops come home safe and soon.

I know your point

I am one of the those people....I just love to read all the things. I am actually a newer fan...always been one but have finally been gettin into watchin football and playin it a little more.

Every once in a while I'll give my opinion and post but most of the time its pretty entertain listentin to what most of the people on here say....there is some funny people on here haha.

But, by no means are we "Readers" Un-Patriotic

Back
Top Bottom