Why Do "fans" Read Only? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Do "fans" Read Only?

obxsnowboarderp said:
I know your point

I am one of the those people....I just love to read all the things. I am actually a newer fan...always been one but have finally been gettin into watchin football and playin it a little more.

Every once in a while I'll give my opinion and post but most of the time its pretty entertain listentin to what most of the people on here say....there is some funny people on here haha.

But, by no means are we "Readers" Un-Patriotic

I agree with you. Sometimes you just don't have time to write the kind of post a thread deserves and other times you do.

Slappy8800 said:
ill tell you why

CAUSE ITS A FREAKIN MIAMI DOLPHINS FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARD!

Nice and I don't think he understands that not everyone on this site is American!

wazzy said:
Nice and I don't think he understands that not everyone on this site is American!

Very true...lol. I hope not being American doesn't make you "Un-American" :lol:

He is right....were all not Full White Americans lol

I am Half-Cuban and Half-American....but by no means do I hail this guy

ap_8053352_43310-1.jpg

or.... This Guy

georgebush-1.gif

To be Honest Fidel is just an *******...and I can't wait for him to die lol...I wanna go visit Cuba

George Bush....what can't I say about this guy lol....jk I just don't like him I think he is dumber then then my 10yr old brother and he doesn't know how to talk or have any sense at all...

O well this is all a joke

Happy July 4th Everybody
Goodluck to all the Veterans

Welcome Back Chris!!! Glad your back from Iraq and not dead. "Best Friend"

Trekbiz said:
Right out of left field here.

I understand your point of "predicting records" but some people are into it.

The latter comment is pretty bizzare and quirky.
What on earth do people predicting a football teams record for fun have to do with wishing armed forces good luck on the 4th? This board has nothing to do with armed forces.
Should everyone post something to troops in Iraq (that won't be reading any of this to begin with) after every football post?

In addition it just turned the 4th 15 minutes ago so why on earth are you calling people out?
You'll see many posts for the armed forces in the lounge and political forum as July 4th unfolds.

Of course, I think it's safe to say we all wish our troops the best of luck EVERY DAY!

Trek,

I joined this forum two days ago and put up a few threads as well as some posts to check it out.

I noticed that out of about 1,000 readers, there were about 50 posters. I decided to try to propmt some readers to join in the fun, which was the reason for the two completely diverse topics.

I was looking for a response from the "silent majority" as opposed to yourself and others and could not, IN MY WILDEST DREAMS, imagine anyone taking offense at wishing our armed forces a Happy 4th because this is a football forum.

I am in touch via e-mail with some Phin Phans in Iraq and know that they do read this forum. I thought it would be good for them, as well as who knows how many others they would show it to, for well wishes to be sent.

If you and/or others were offended and looking for some type of apology, I can assure you that none will be forthcoming.

CrunchTime said:
Trek has a good point.

In addition most of the so call reads that show up on those numbers are from unregistered lurkers who cannot post.

Even among the registered members there is a silent majority of non posters regardless of the topics.You would be jumping to a conclusion by thinking they are unpatriotic.

CT,

I jumped to no conclusions, just asked a question.

Slappy8800 said:
ill tell you why

CAUSE ITS A FREAKIN MIAMI DOLPHINS FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARD!

And that's your answer to "Why fans read only."

Thanks for playing. :)

popularwar said:
Maybe some people think they can't add to the thread. I do that like ten times a day: read a post, think of my stance on the matter, prepare to type it, and see someone has already written exactly what I meant to say. I could do one of those little 'yeah that' emoticons if it would make you feel better.
I wrote something in the 4th of july thread, but it was pretty much the same thing everyone else wrote so I understand why a lot of people would be discouraged from writing the same thing as everyone else.

That's a fair point and I agree, to a point.

However, I can't believe that 19 out of 20 people have nothing different to say about anything. Also, think the guys & gals in Iraq get tired of reading the same old thing?

Trekbiz said:
I hadn't seen the ""4th of July post" he made. I now understand a little more about what he was talking about.
The comments would make a lot more sense if it would have been made IN the thread he was referencing rather than a random stand alone new thread.

If you haven't seen the other thread, how on earth do you know what he is talking about.

You make a good point but, although only a portion of the readers were familiar, I'm sure they all understood.

SleepWithDaFish said:
Threads like this are a waste of server storage space imo.

Gee, sorry.

I guess I'll have to look up some of your threads to see how it's done.

Anything recent you can direct me to?

each time you go into a thread, it adds to the "viewed" total.

So.... by going back into the thread to read it again, you just became one of those people you're calling out.

I'd rather see a thread with 5 well thought out posts, than one with 500 "yeah that" or "me too" posts... substance over quantity any day of the week.

endorPHINS72 said:
I can't give our vets and current fighting soldiers abroad enough props, but this is a Dolphins Message Board. I have no problem with you posting this here, but it really belongs in the "General Forum" because it has nothing to do with the Miami Dolphins. That being said, our vets are the best and lets bring may all of our troops come home safe and soon.

In general, you're absolutely right but, the 4th is an exception.

SouthBeach1 said:
In general, you're absolutely right but, the 4th is an exception.

there is plenty of respect paid to our vets...I'm one, so stop your whimpering because it didn't happen like "you" wanted.

Back
Top Bottom