Why do people call him an offensive Genius? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why do people call him an offensive Genius?

First, let's be realistic. Counting all OCs in the last 5 years - current and those not good enough to REMAIN OCs - being a top OC isn't a high bar. Yes, I know the discussion is "offensive genius." But, a large part of the OCs job is NOT calling plays. It's designing plays, developing game plans, using players talents others may not see.
I'm not ready to throw out the word "genius," because McD hasn't done all those things on his own. But Mia's O will be a heavy test. I expect him to create an aggressive O like fans haven't seen in 20 years. I expect more weapons. More creative play calls. He's been a part of all those things throughout his career. Admittedly, those things won't happen game one.
I agree, some are getting ahead of reality. There's no guarantee he's good enough to be the next Flores. That said, his resume' is impressive, he's worked for top offensive minds and been good enough for frequent promotions, and has been a part of top Os. Every newbie HC comes with questions, but I'm thrilled Mia finally has a HC with an O mindset and a background of being a part of aggressive Os. I'm so tired of passive Os
yeah I just read he didnt call plays...going back to one of those...

So we need a man that can put together a good Coaching staff. then we need the DOLPHINS to do something they havent managed to do since 09, put together a good OLINE. Then we need to find a running back and actually use him which is something we havent done since the stache tried to cripple ricky.

Then we have to hope that the NFL doesnt take away 2 1st that i think we are going to lose next year over Flores's Allegations.

Rogue McDaniel

Rogues rely on skill, stealth, and their foes’ vulnerabilities to get the upper hand in any situation. They have a knack for finding the solution to just about any problem, demonstrating a resourcefulness and versatility that is the cornerstone of any successful adventuring party.

Ok I’m done nerding out
Until my guy turns the team around ill stay away from labeling him with a dnd class, though like the other guy said- Mage McDaniel sounds lit. Lord knows he'll need some kinda magic to right the franchise.

Good analysis tho

From the little bit I read on him, he approaches a play a little different. There is a lot of motions and eye candy, and basically the same play will be ran from multiple formations. The way I am understanding it is, instead of running the RB in the 8 gap repeatedly from the same formation because we have a mismatch there, we will disguise it a bit better to slow help coming over because they recognize the same play/formation.

From the little bit I read on him, he approaches a play a little different. There is a lot of motions and eye candy, and basically the same play will be ran from multiple formations. The way I am understanding it is, instead of running the RB in the 8 gap repeatedly from the same formation because we have a mismatch there, we will disguise it a bit better to slow help coming over because they recognize the same play/formation.
Different variations of the same play can mess with a defenses reads. A simple inside zone play run from shotgun and then from under center can toy with alignments and read keys because of the different movements involved. You defend pistol different from an I formation.

Back
Top Bottom