Why do so many of you think Miami wears teal? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why do so many of you think Miami wears teal?

hemidemon

Starter
Reaction score
The colors of the Miami Dolphins are: Aqua, Coral, Navy, and White. Teal was worn by the Florida Marlins.

Because they do...

The colors BEGAN as aqua, and they still refer to it as aqua, but the color is most definitely no longer aqua. They have been using teal since at least 1997.

This is AQUA:
danmarinoautographedcustomtealjersey3362-1.jpg

This is the current color, and TEAL:
20003571Y-1.jpg

You will notice that the classic jersey is more blue, while the new jersey is more green. That's the difference. They need to go back to the aqua blue of their roots.

Attachments

• thumb.aspx?i=%u00252FproductImages%2F_703000%2Fff_703433_xl.jpg
    thumb.aspx?i=%u00252FproductImages%2F_703000%2Fff_703433_xl.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 20-00357-1-Y.jpg
    20-00357-1-Y.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 20
We need to introduce more dark blue in our uniforms. The teal/aqua is a bit sissified. I'm sorry, don't crucify me.
The above mentioned Marino jersey is even better than the teal it has evolved into.

We need to introduce more dark blue in our uniforms. The teal/aqua is a bit sissified. I'm sorry, don't crucify me.
The above mentioned Marino jersey is even better than the teal it has evolved into.

Yeah but what are your thoughts on all teal wedding? Would that threaten our national security :-)

Because they do...

The colors BEGAN as aqua, and they still refer to it as aqua, but the color is most definitely no longer aqua. They have been using teal since at least 1997.

This is AQUA:
danmarinoautographedcustomtealjersey3362-1.jpg

This is the current color, and TEAL:
20003571Y-1.jpg

You will notice that the classic jersey is more blue, while the new jersey is more green. That's the difference. They need to go back to the aqua blue of their roots.

I see your point but I disagree. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but if Miami calls it aqua, then that's what it is. The problem we have today is there are no more colors. There are only shades of colors. Good luck going to a paint store and try to find red, green, or blue, they don't have them. Only various shades. It rubs me the wrong way when people say we wear teal. JMO, like I said, not to be a jerk.

Yea, I can see people wanting it to be more blue than it is green, but insulting it by calling it teal is meaningless. Image search teal or aqua and you will find a wide variety of different shades.

I see your point but I disagree. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but if Miami calls it aqua, then that's what it is. The problem we have today is there are no more colors. There are only shades of colors. Good luck going to a paint store and try to find red, green, or blue, they don't have them. Only various shades. It rubs me the wrong way when people say we wear teal. JMO, like I said, not to be a jerk.

It's ok that it bothers you, just always keep in mind that they are right and you are wrong. The dolphins can say we wear aqua all they want but it doesn't change the fact that we wear teal, any more than if the jets came out and said they wear purple. It's not an OPINION that we now wear teal, it's a simple FACT. Not trying to be a jerk, just helping out when I can.

Yea, I can see people wanting it to be more blue than it is green, but insulting it by calling it teal is meaningless. Image search teal or aqua and you will find a wide variety of different shades.
Right, and when you find one that matches perfectly what the dolphins are now wearing it will be a shade of TEAL, not aqua.

How about some love for the color gray. I mean, that is the real color of a Dolphin!

Ummm, color isn't some abstract concept. We, as humans, have agreed what constitutes a specific color, just the same way as we have agreed that the word "dolphin" refers to the aquatic mammal with the cute smile.

As you can see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyan the Miami Dolphins' color right now is teal, whereas it used to be Cyan (subtractive primary), otherwise known as Aqua.

Only on FinHeaven will you have a guy who genuinely tries to argue that colors don't really exist and that the Miami Dolphins wear Aqua because THEY SAY they wear aqua.

Good god almighty

Back
Top Bottom