Why do so many of you think Miami wears teal? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why do so many of you think Miami wears teal?

:confused2: Please tell me our fans are not having a debate about Teal vs. Aqua and Coral vs. Orange!!! Let's just end the discussion by saying that the colors that the team years ago wore are slightly different than the shades our team currently wear (whatever they are called). Let's just agree to say they are not identically the same and just leave it at that. Next thing we'll be debating is 50 shades of grey.

this is something i actually like and have thought about outside of the fins for years, My highschool was the yellow jackets, we wore black at home and yellow on the road, yet it was always said we were black and gold, thats what t-shirts said the black and gold....there was nothing gold it was pure yellow. just like i say alot i support the aqua and orange....no aqua about it

The Dolphins Aqua color is HANDS-DOWN the hardest NFL uniform color to capture accurately in photography.

If you look at that old-school helmet carefully, the dolphin and the stripe are 2 different colors and reflect the problem exactly. The "ink" used on vinyl is different that textile dye.

I remember distinctly that the heat-press aqua for the #s on the white jersey looked more blue (like the dolphin) than the aqua jersey color. That was true up until the 1997 changes.

Lighting affects the color too. Brilliant daylight makes our uniforms look more blue, whereas we usually only wear aqua at night and it looks more green in stadium lighting. Getting the jerseys wet makes them look more green too.

I have photos from the 70's and '80s and the aqua jerseys NEVER photographed as the same color from game to game or even within the same game. EVER. I have some pics where 3 players are shown and there are 3 different shades of aqua on each player. One looks more blue, another looks more green LOL. Look at the avatar of the SI Csonka/Kiick cover and the numbers look green with NO blue. In '72-'73.

I OWN a 70's era aqua jersey (bought in 1975) and the color hue is virtually indistinguishable from today's aqua material. I think there was a timeframe from maybe '85 to '96 where they were slightly less "saturated" in color and looked lighter.

The "aqua" in the Marino throwback jersey posted here is TOO BLUE. The Dolphins have NEVER worn that shade of jersey material. That's a modern-day knockoff made by someone trying to simulate the color and they have it WAY off the mark.

When we play the Jags or Titans (or when we played the Houston Oilers) the color difference is clear and unmistakeable.The Jags and Titans wear TEAL (light blue w/ a grey/slate sheen). We look more green against their colors.

Long story short, the 2 "official" color chips posted here are VERY VERY close to the real thing. And it is VERY VERY TOUGH to pin down in photography.

Last edited by a moderator:
It IS teal and orange!

The Jaguars' textile color is named "Ocean Depths", whereas our color is "Teal Green".

You realize coral is a pastel color right?

Also to those that think our colors need to be gray because a dolphin is gray, get over it. This is a football team, not a real animal. I don't understand how you can like the team if you don't like our current, or past, colors.

And I will use Skape's source as well for the color coral

Stupid thread for sure, so I'm dumb for posting too, but, are you saying anyone that likes the Dolphins should like their colors? Are you saying if you don't like the colors you can't like the Dolphins? Pretty weird. I know for sure I the colors never had anything to do with my liking the Fins.

Back
Top Bottom