Why does Jay fumble the ball when he gets hit from the blind side? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why does Jay fumble the ball when he gets hit from the blind side?

Phins13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Makes as much sense today than it did when Griese fumbled vs. Indy and Tenn. 6 weeks ago! This O.L just does not open holes or pass protect enough in big spots...Tied with Den. with 3 games to go......... get ready for Philly

uhmm you try handling a wet ball when some 210lb SS slams in you at full speed.

I thought all the Pro fiedlers said he wouldn't have dropped those griese fumbles?

That's exactly what he's saying Pat.

Originally posted by PatDog
uhmm you try handling a wet ball when some 210lb SS slams in you at full speed.

AGREED!

But Brady didn't fumble or throw an INT.......

Congrats to the pats........but Patdog this was sarcasm directed at finfans not some LOSER ON A DOLPHIN BOARD TRYING TO CAUSE TROUBLE BY POSTING EVERY 2 SECONDS ABOUT THE PATS WHEN HE SHOULD JUST BE ENJOYING HIMSELF SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!!! uhmm..............I fell better now.

Originally posted by Phins13
...Tied with Den. with 3 games to go.........

Nope...Denver is ahead by a ½ game. Miami looses the tie-break.

Fiedler looked like Griese today with all of those sacks and fumbles. The pass protection was poor, but I said it for Griese and I will say it again for Jay, there is NO EXCUSE for fumbling the football. NONE! If a guy is running into you, you have to protect the football. Jay did not protect the ball today.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Fiedler looked like Griese today with all of those sacks and fumbles. The pass protection was poor, but I said it for Griese and I will say it again for Jay, there is NO EXCUSE for fumbling the football. NONE! If a guy is running into you, you have to protect the football. Jay did not protect the ball today.

I agree...as much as I protect Jay but he should have held on to the ball. He left it out there in the best Brian-Fashion...

Guys, I wrote this post to show how dumb that position was to blame the Q.B when we cannot block anyone upfront.........Granted Fiedler was AWFUL today but I think he gets a pass from me considering the conditions(this coming from someone who is not totally behind Jay being the Q.B)

Originally posted by FFiB

I agree...as much as I protect Jay but he should have held on to the ball. He left it out there in the best Brian-Fashion...

So much for the talk about Fiedler being a more mobile QB with good hands.

Not once but twice he fumbled. This was worse than the Tenesse game IMO. At least the titans new we were passing cause we were down 14 and 21 points at a time. We were only down by three for almost the entire game and still 2 fumbles and two int's which should have been 3 remember Ty Law dropped an easy one. This was a Lucas against Buffalo type performance.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

:rolleyes:

There was nothing Jay could have done about that play. The defender ran completely free and blindsided him. Yeah, it sucks but you can't blame Jay for it.

Originally posted by mee

There was nothing Jay could have done about that play. The defender ran completely free and blindsided him. Yeah, it sucks but you can't blame Jay for it.

You still have to hold onto the ball. We all know Griese would not have held onto the ball, he can't hold onto the ball if someone touches him, but I didn't expect Jay to fumble like that. The offensive line sucked today, and Jay had people in his face all day. However, you have to protect the football.

Originally posted by mee

Same goes for Brian on a lot of his fumbles. But no one seems to listen. When the line doesn't block, the QB can't do his job.

NO QB can be expected to hold onto the ball while gettin hit in the middle of a 3 step drop, much less have time to read and throw. Same goes for Brian AND jay.

I agree, he should protect the ball, but the line should share the blame. Was it poor play by Jay today that caused those fumbles? Or had he had adequate time would he have converted teh plays? we'll never know....

Back
Top Bottom