Why does Jay fumble the ball when he gets hit from the blind side? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why does Jay fumble the ball when he gets hit from the blind side?

Not to give Fiedler a reprieve but on 3rd and 3 at New England's 10, down by 3, in a situation where 3 pts is like 50 I kept telling myself please do not call a pass play Norv. Please, we can't risk a turnover when we are so close to scoring and tying the game. RUN THE DAMN BALL! Wrong play call.....I guess if Fiedler would have passed for a TD I would be singing a different tune...but the odds were alot higher on holding on to the ball and picking up the 1st down on that play if we ran it.
Defense stepped up though and got us the ball back. We were on their 35 in the 4th qtr. I think it was 2nd & 3??? We call pass plays. RUN THE DAMN BALL!!!
I don't blame any of our players for the loss yesterday. We actually played OK considering the circumstances. We were simply OUTCOACHED.

Originally posted by phinphanphrommi
I thought all the Pro fiedlers said he wouldn't have dropped those griese fumbles?

I heard that too. That was the knock on BG he fumbles too much. By the way its true. If ANYONE teaches BG to handle the ball better (against chest and not waving in the wind) he coould be quite decent.

Originally posted by dreadlockera

I heard that too. That was the knock on BG he fumbles too much. By the way its true. If ANYONE teaches BG to handle the ball better (against chest and not waving in the wind) he coould be quite decent.
jay had no int's or fumbles against washington or dallas, yet brian fumbled and was intercepted in every game he started, and still they complain!:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
are we even having this conversation about fumbling?

jay was getting in the motion of throwing, and was blind sided by a saftey running full speed... you can bet this is gonna be on monday night countdowns "Jacked UP!". Fielder played his best in the 3rd quarter (with the wind at his back) and struggled with the wind in his face (as did brady). this game was not what it could have been if not for snow and wind. if this game was simply in 15 degree weather the dolphins might have played so much better.

the season is only over if Fiedler is out for the season, or even 1 game. i still believe in him. he hit big plays when he had time, and thats something that didn't happen often enough.

i don't believe the weather crap...it is obvious to me that the Pats wanted it more than the Fins...we played in the same weather as the Pats and they scored 12 we didn't score any...we played with the same football also...they just wanted it more than we did.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

jay was getting in the motion of throwing, and was blind sided by a saftey running full speed... you can bet this is gonna be on monday night countdowns "Jacked UP!". Fielder played his best in the 3rd quarter (with the wind at his back) and struggled with the wind in his face (as did brady). this game was not what it could have been if not for snow and wind. if this game was simply in 15 degree weather the dolphins might have played so much better.

the season is only over if Fiedler is out for the season, or even 1 game. i still believe in him. he hit big plays when he had time, and thats something that didn't happen often enough.
i for one am not giving up on fiedler, a person just can't have it then lose it the following week for good. however, its time to groom a good replacement!;)

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
i don't believe the weather crap...it is obvious to me that the Pats wanted it more than the Fins...we played in the same weather as the Pats and they scored 12 we didn't score any...we played with the same football also...they just wanted it more than we did.
think about it, was it their offense or defense that scored!:rolleyes:

i see what you're saying here but even if their D did not score...they still would have probably won 3-0...their D wanted it more...they played smart offense and pinned us deep...Fiedler int...gameover.

Originally posted by Phins13
Dolphin06, My point was to show how poor your arguement was back then and how it makes no more sense today! Q.B's cannot hold onto the ball when our O.line does not even slow down oncoming rushers......I guess your point only pertains to Griese? .........If you read a respnse from me in this thread you would see that I don't blame Jay but actually give him a pass on the fumble.(he did play poorly though).......The problem is with the people upfront not the Q.B(only with the problem of holding onto the ball) Dolphin 06, are you still blaming Griese today for Freeney coming through clean and causing a fumble or do you see things a little different today?!!!

You can't compare how many times BG fumbled to Jay. Jay fumbles one out of every ten times he takes a sack, BG fumbled EVERY time he got sacked. And more than that BG held the ball WAY too long and took a lot more sacks. Bottom line BG is not a leader and will never start in this league again.
I'm not saying we couldn't upgrade the QB position, but we could also upgrade the whole offense. Put Jay in Trent Greens shoes and he would be an all star. Put Trent Green or Brady, or anyone in Jays position and they will all be about the same.
All this QB change is useless unless you also upgrade the OL......unless of course you have a plan to get Vick.

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
i see what you're saying here but even if their D did not score...they still would have probably won 3-0...their D wanted it more...they played smart offense and pinned us deep...Fiedler int...gameover.
and that 3 points was rather bogus!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by dolfan06
jay had no int's or fumbles against washington or dallas, yet brian fumbled and was intercepted in every game he started, and still they complain!:rolleyes: [/QUOT

No ints against San Diego. No fumbles either.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

Actually NE only points came with the wind in there face.

Originally posted by dolfan06
jay had no int's or fumbles against washington or dallas, yet brian fumbled and was intercepted in every game he started, and still they complain!:rolleyes:

And washington was one quarter where RICKY AND THE D took over.

my god 20 degrees wet, freezing football a ss at full speed untouched, yeah Jays fault. Bashers will find anything to grasp at. Yeah the conditions yesterday were eerily similar the conditions in South Fla and Tenessee. Why did Brady not fumble or throw ints? well for one, when did he face the type of pressure Jay did, our sacks came after we had good coverage, Brady was never hit by a defnder coming full steam in the back as he was making his drop. He also did not take the chances that we did, he did not throw the outs or quick slamnts , he did alot of clearing routes where he could throw it reasonably safe. We didnt protect period.

Back
Top Bottom