Why does Jay fumble the ball when he gets hit from the blind side? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why does Jay fumble the ball when he gets hit from the blind side?

IMO, the first INT wasn't "bad". It was bad in that it went for 6. But as I mentioned in chat (and later Tom Jackson said the same thing), Bruschi was squatting behind the lineman. Jay never saw him. Good defensive play.

Originally posted by Regan21286

So much for the talk about Fiedler being a more mobile QB with good hands.

Where were you last week when Jay lit up the Cowboys Defense? Exactly. You were hiding.

Originally posted by Phins13
guess its for the same reasons, just not as much.

weren't you the same guy that said brian was hit by a defensive end that got through clean! well jay was hit by a linebacker that wasn't even touched. in fact i don't think randy or jay ever saw him!:tongue:

Originally posted by Prime Time

Where were you last week when Jay lit up the Cowboys Defense? Exactly. You were hiding.
in bad weather situations, i can't blame anybody for not playing well. i know when my hands get real cold, they hurt like hell!:eek:

MAN, I can't wait for the offseason. That seems to be the most enjoyable time to be a Fin fan. We can all sit around and laugh at all the losers out there pulling for other teams who are no where nearly as good as ours. We can point out all the media guys who talk trash about the Fins and discuss how little they know about football. We can look forward to the draft and then the preseason. We can even look forward to the beginning of the regular season. Just next year, PLEASE someone remind me to take a 6 weeks nap starting in Dec. Just be sure and wake me up before the following off season. I would REALLY hate to miss THAT.
I think they should start giving out trophies for the best off season, or the team with the highest hopes. Dang, we'd win that thing every year.

Originally posted by miamimitch
Brady had all the time in the world...Jay had none...game over
yeah, but we've been talkin about jays legs, he never used em!:rolleyes:

things could be worse, we could be fans of the jets!:eek:

Dolphin06, My point was to show how poor your arguement was back then and how it makes no more sense today! Q.B's cannot hold onto the ball when our O.line does not even slow down oncoming rushers......I guess your point only pertains to Griese? .........If you read a respnse from me in this thread you would see that I don't blame Jay but actually give him a pass on the fumble.(he did play poorly though).......The problem is with the people upfront not the Q.B(only with the problem of holding onto the ball) Dolphin 06, are you still blaming Griese today for Freeney coming through clean and causing a fumble or do you see things a little different today?!!!

Originally posted by PatDog
uhmm you try handling a wet ball when some 210lb SS slams in you at full speed.

No QB could have held onto that ball.

That was a huge hit.

Originally posted by Phins13
Dolphin06, My point was to show how poor your arguement was back then and how it makes no more sense today! Q.B's cannot hold onto the ball when our O.line does not even slow down oncoming rushers......I guess your point only pertains to Griese? .........If you read a respnse from me in this thread you would see that I don't blame Jay but actually give him a pass on the fumble.(he did play poorly though).......The problem is with the people upfront not the Q.B(only with the problem of holding onto the ball) Dolphin 06, are you still blaming Griese today for Freeney coming through clean and causing a fumble or do you see things a little different today?!!!
that was not my argument at all, the main reason i want jay in there is he can start fresh after a mistake. brian holds on to it and quite frankly he looks scared to death!:tongue:

To answer your question...

He fumbles the ball b/c he never saw the Safety coming...i'm not trying to be a smart a$$ but that's basically it...any QB would fumble if he got lit up like Jay did on that play...it actually was not from his blindside but he never saw Harrison coming.

Go Fins!!!

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
To answer your question...

He fumbles the ball b/c he never saw the Safety coming...i'm not trying to be a smart a$$ but that's basically it...any QB would fumble if he got lit up like Jay did on that play...it actually was not from his blindside but he never saw Harrison coming.

Go Fins!!!
the hit came from the right, i thought jay was rolling left. it happened so fast, i was watching McMichael!;) :(

a game that was so close man...i mean Randy's missed block (as he himself has stated) is huge at that point in the game...that really hurt...and you really can't blame the loss on just one play but that hurt in such a close tight game...i mean we did have our shots to score and we come up empty...that sucks.

you know what really bothered me a lot was that we NEVER went down the middle of the field...no passes to Randy down the middle of field..not even once.

See now how much the home loss to the Pats has come back to bite us in the a$$!!!

Go Fins!!!

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
a game that was so close man...i mean Randy's missed block (as he himself has stated) is huge at that point in the game...that really hurt...and you really can't blame the loss on just one play but that hurt in such a close tight game...i mean we did have our shots to score and we come up empty...that sucks.

you know what really bothered me a lot was that we NEVER went down the middle of the field...no passes to Randy down the middle of field..not even once.

See now how much the home loss to the Pats has come back to bite us in the a$$!!!

Go Fins!!!
it was a tight game until that missed block, then it seemed like the wheels fell off!;) :(

Back
Top Bottom