Why Edwards? We have Booker & Chambers | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Edwards? We have Booker & Chambers

Slappy8800 said:
im not a fan of booker...hasnt really shown me anything

Only way he could of shown you anything is if you had watched him with the Bears. Nobody on our offense last year showed us anything but I dont hear people saying we should dump Chambers because he didnt perform well last year. Booker is the most proven reciever we have on our team. I mean last time I checked you had to be pretty good to get into the probowl.

oh im not...the only offensive players i like and trust are chambers and mcmichael...and i dont care what he DID i care about what he is doing now and he doesnt seem to be helping...but then again that could be feely's fault...who i also hate

Slappy8800 said:
oh im not...the only offensive players i like and trust are chambers and mcmichael

Right...because Booker showed so much less than those two did last year. :shakeno:

Booker caught 19 fewer passes for 260 fewer yards than Chambers. Attribute that to learning curve on an offense he didn't know and the OC didn't know vs. Chambers and McMichael who knew what was going on far better because they had been there.

Jimmy James said:
Right...because Booker showed so much less than those two did last year. :shakeno:

Booker caught 19 fewer passes for 260 fewer yards than Chambers. Attribute that to learning curve on an offense he didn't know and the OC didn't know vs. Chambers and McMichael who knew what was going on far better because they had been there.

LOL I'm glad I hit refresh before I posted ... but will add this anyway

R. McMichael 73 791 10.8 42 4
C. Chambers 69 898 13.0 76 7
M. Booker 50 638 12.8 45 1

Edit:
Decided to add our top reciever in there as well in McMichael.

LostInPatsLand said:
It looks like we're stuck at two. This completely sucks, but it's reality.

There's talk we're going with Edwards. But Booker is a guy who showed he was a #1 receiver for a couple years in Chicago. Since then, he's been hurt and has played on crappy offenses. And last year, he was traded to the Fins about a week before the season began!

Chambers is a good #1 but a great #2. He can concentrate on being a deep threat. Starting with his rookie year, this was his strength.

I have researched Edwards the last day, and while he looks awfully good, why would we pick him? How often will we have three receivers on the field even in a Linehan system? And will it matter if we have three great receivers if we have crappy RB's and QB's?

Chris Chambers is not the route runner we need to catch passes in the fourth quarter. And in Linehan's offense, we won't run as many 2TE sets. How undependable is Chambers? In 9 of 11 Dolphin losses, they trailed by LESS THAN A TD. Chambers caught 8 passes for 69 yards in those fourth quarters. He has elite speed, great hands, and nice size... but his route running makes him undependable.

Marty Booker could be our Troy Brown in the slot, Chambers could be ASTONISHING as a #2 receiver... Braylon. however, could be the ANDRE JOHNSON of this offense and that's exactly what's needed IMO.

wow...well god strike me down for having a different opinion then you 2.....if booker was such a great capable player why was he expendable?...AND lik I said before, i dont know how much his little production had to do with feely.....but I dont see him being an impact player...especially if we draft williams or edwards

but wait...ther I go having an opinion again

Slappy8800 said:
wow...well god strike me down for having a different opinion then you 2.....if booker was such a great capable player why was he expendable?...AND lik I said before, i dont know how much his little production had to do with feely.....but I dont see him being an impact player...especially if we draft williams or edwards

but wait...ther I go having an opinion again

It isn't that you have an opinion -- it's that it sure appears not to be informed.

He was traded because the Bears got a new coach who was a defensive coordinator in his prior position. He salivated for the pass rush and was willing to sell his offense to the devil for it. He was the same genius who thought it would be fine to move Booker because they had Terrell in house, and we saw how well that worked out for him. Basically, think Jimmy Johnson and Dan. Dan wasn't Jimmy's guy, and Jimmy wasn't motivated to make it work with Dan.

Jimmy James said:
It isn't that you have an opinion -- it's that it sure appears not to be informed.

He was traded because the Bears got a new coach who was a defensive coordinator in his prior position. He salivated for the pass rush and was willing to sell his offense to the devil for it. He was the same genius who thought it would be fine to move Booker because they had Terrell in house, and we saw how well that worked out for him. Basically, think Jimmy Johnson and Dan. Dan wasn't Jimmy's guy, and Jimmy wasn't motivated to make it work with Dan.

meh i guess so....but the bears signed muhammed this year.....

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
that proves nothing

Well, it does prove that Lovie at least partially learns from his mistakes. I doubt he'll go into the regular season with the lack of WR talent he had again.

Jimmy James said:
Well, it does prove that Lovie at least partially learns from his mistakes. I doubt he'll go into the regular season with the lack of WR talent he had again.

well I guess it does prove that

Look, booker is an awesome reciever. WE got him CHEAP!!!! Yes we did, he is a probowler. A very good possesion reciever. He has had injuries, but quick knocking him!!!

Also, like I originally said, how many teams are interested in edwards??? ALOT!!! Nobody wants to trade up, but if we take edwards, teams looking for him, guess what... trade witrh US FOR HIM!!! And if not, we got one of the top 2 players in the draft (williams and edwards are the top 2 players in the draft!)

It will help McMicheal to flourish. look at Minnesota offense frrom the tight end posistion, the tight end productivity in that offense is huge.

Jaj said:
Linehan can run a 3 WR set to perfection that's why. All three are good run blockers as well.

then why dont we sign boston, and idk how much feely can do tho:confused:

Back
Top Bottom